Westone 1 Earphones - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Aug 19th, 2011, 6:56 pm Thread Starter

Westone 1 Earphones

I have a 2006 LT and I'm considering a set of Westone 1 earphones. These have a standard headphone plug in, but I don't know if the standard plug-in will work on the com unit. I don't use the com unit for any kind of rider - passenger communication. I am just hoping to hear the radio through the earphones in lieu of the speakers.

I am also hoping that the Westone earphones will cut down on external noise (wind, road noise, etc.). Has anyone tried these things? Do they do a good job cutting down external noise? How about the sound quality?

Thanks,
Pat

2006 Triumph Scrambler
2006 K1200LT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Aug 19th, 2011, 7:05 pm Thread Starter

Re: Westone 1 Earphones

Link to the Westone 1 earphones.

http://www.earphonesolutions.com/wes...-earphone.html

2006 Triumph Scrambler
2006 K1200LT
post #3 of 5 Old Aug 19th, 2011, 7:53 pm

I have a Westone ES1 pair and love them! The do drastically reduce the wind noise and I've worn them for a nine hour ride with no problems! I plug it into my Zune or iPod touch depending on which one I'm using at the time. The advantage to using the Zune is that I can listen to radio stations in addition to my music selection. I have the Cardo Scala Multiple-set so I can connect via BT to my cell phone (but rarely do I make calls or stay on long when someone calls me). When I have my ES1s in my ear and I receive a phone call, I simply pause the player. There are many ways folks have skinned the earphone/listening device cat here on the forum. I got my idea from Andy who has a different type of in-canal monitors.

Here is the link to the Westone ES1 ($350+): Westone ES1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

There are two kinds of motorcyclists.....those that ride BMWs....and those that wish they did!

Later,
BlauBeeMr
1999 Basalt Grau K1200LT

2004 Desert Tan M2A3 (Jul 2005 - Apr 2008)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 Old Aug 20th, 2011, 8:52 pm

I too have ES1s. I can say I am not happy with them. They do block out wind noise, but I think they are lacking in sound quality in the low frequency range. They are comfortable enough to wear all day, but I think I would like to try a different brand some day..just my 2 cents.
post #5 of 5 Old Aug 21st, 2011, 11:29 am

On My 2009 LT I use the J and M helmet speakers and microphone which plug into the sound system. I use the Big Ear molded ear plugs to cut down the wind noise. They work great. Big Ear also makes a version with speakers built in and will have what ever connector you need. If they are molded for you ear they will be very comfortable and you will not even know you have them in.

Check them out at:

http://bigearinc.com/home/Default.aspx

L. Jay Keeran
K6LJK
2009 LT "USS Defiant"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in