Originally Posted by fpmlt
Bud, follow the side stand up to it's mounting/swivel point at the frame. The switch is right there.
I can't get the pics to load, butt here is the text instructions for the side stand switch R & R.
Removing and installing side stand switch
• Disconnect plug (arrow).
• Open the cable ties.
Screw is secured with thread-locking compound.
• Release the fastener (arrow).
• Remove side stand switch with cable.
• Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure:
pay particular attention to the following.
Install screw and nut with Loctite 243.
When installing, note the correct positions of the cable
Side stand switch fastener ............................. 7 Nm
(clean thread + Loctite 243)
Check operation of side stand switch
• Switch off the engine.
• Place motorcycle on its centre stand.
• Select a gear and switch on the ignition.
– Temperature gauge warning lamp lights up.
• Extend the side stand, observing the temperature
gauge warning lamp.
– Temperature gauge warning lamp goes out (engine
control unit switches off).