Footpeg relocators - initial product report - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old Aug 4th, 2011, 7:04 am Thread Starter

Footpeg relocators - initial product report

I just installed a set of relocators from Suburban Machinery on my '05 K12. I am 5'10" but have about a 35" inner leg measurement and wiith carrying a few leg injuries from an over exhubearant youth in Enduro racing I was too cramped with the original peg position. Only a short test ride so far but the difference is quite astounding really, knee angle reduced and also it seems like a more relaxed ankle position, so I'm hopeful the cramping on longer trips will be gone. The product is excellent, nicely CNC milled from aluminium billet with SS pins, not cheap but a very nice product. Only down side I suspect will be easy scraping of the pegs, particularly on the RH side, maybe now also on the left as previously the side stand copped it before the pag, we'll see. Anyone have opinions or findings they'd like to share ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Aug 4th, 2011, 7:12 am

Re: Footpeg relocators - initial product report

Quote:
Originally Posted by K100Dennis
I just installed a set of relocators from Suburban Machinery on my '05 K12. I am 5'10" but have about a 35" inner leg measurement and wiith carrying a few leg injuries from an over exhubearant youth in Enduro racing I was too cramped with the original peg position. Only a short test ride so far but the difference is quite astounding really, knee angle reduced and also it seems like a more relaxed ankle position, so I'm hopeful the cramping on longer trips will be gone. The product is excellent, nicely CNC milled from aluminium billet with SS pins, not cheap but a very nice product. Only down side I suspect will be easy scraping of the pegs, particularly on the RH side, maybe now also on the left as previously the side stand copped it before the pag, we'll see. Anyone have opinions or findings they'd like to share ?
Installed the same on my 09 helped immensely and only have 32" inseam scraping is indeed a problem I've pretty much scrubbed the ends off of both sides at some point I'll buy replacements. I also bought a new saddle which raised the ride height a 1" or so and that has also helped.

The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.

09 K1200 LT
Project LT:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Future plans

University Place, WA
Riding since 1969
post #3 of 6 Old Aug 4th, 2011, 7:19 am
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car

Yep I had them on my Lt for 5 years & loved them.
BTW They are now in the CCR Silent Auction so for the lucky few going to CCR here is you chance to get a set for a good price & you will be helping out THE KIDS

Stevie Shreeve

post #4 of 6 Old Aug 4th, 2011, 7:42 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by K100Dennis
+1

I had them on my 02 K1200LT and loved um... I have a set ordered for my K1600GTL and as soon as they arrive, They too will be installed.

Dano
Tampa, Fl.

12 K1600 GTL
02 K1200 LT (gone but not forgotten)
post #5 of 6 Old Aug 4th, 2011, 10:22 am

I have them on my '01. I have a 29" inseam and love them. You will need to make sure your boots don't extend too far below the pegs in the twisties. Move your feet back on the pegs so the toes of your boots don't extend below the front surface of the peg. Kind of disconcerting the first time you drag the bottom of your boot in a tight turn if you dont! It's much more comfortable to drag the little thingey on the peg instead!!!!

Loren

WAK1200LT
Loren

Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui
post #6 of 6 Old Aug 4th, 2011, 10:33 am

I had them and hated them... While the riding position was a little more relaxed I found that I was scraping way too much to the point I was concerned about "planting" them on the road and have the bike pivot around them and cause a crash.
I think a higher seat will give you the comfort you want with none of the negatives of reduced ground clearance. JMHO

Gilles & Kathy
BMWMOA# 154719
IBA# 71594
2011 Ostra Gray RT
06 Mercedes-Benz E350 Estate (parts and people hauler)
2012 BMW X3 (parts and people hauler)
86 Porsche 911 Cabriolet (my "new" baby)

For her I climbed the highest mountain!
For her I swam across the deepest ocean!
For her I walked through the largest desert!
And then she left me... She said I was never home!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in