Lurker Gets active - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Oct 5th, 2005, 4:32 pm Thread Starter

Lurker Gets active

Well Hello everybody,

the names Brendan,

I live in Ireland and have recently imported from the USA a 2003 K1200LT needing some electrical work. All is going fine but I have some queries. I have checked in the Hall of Wisdom but could not answer any of my questions there, so here goes my plea for help;

1 In the relay box there is an orange connector with no cables connected to one side of it, its located behind the small square cover, what is it for?

2 On the left side there are 4 connectors, one going onto each of the 4 injectors, but I have a spare connector with 2 green wires and a piece of white tape the same as the injector connectors, what does this connect to?

The frame # shows that an alarm was standard equipment on this bike but I cannot see any alarm components at all. Where should all the alarm components be located?

My reason for not knowing this, is that the bike came to me with the wiring loom already removed due to a slight fire.

Any help would be greately appreciated.

Thanks for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Oct 5th, 2005, 4:39 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
Hi Brendan,

I'm not familiar with the inside of the relay box, but the factory alarm is mounted under the trunk. Remove the trunk then remove the large black cover to see it.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #3 of 3 Old Oct 7th, 2005, 3:22 pm

I'm not 100% sure but I think the orange connector is for the alarm.

Malcolm McGee
Little Rock, AR
'00 K1200LTC Canyon Red
'09 Kawasaki KLR 650
'96 Bunkhouse
IBA #24557
BMWMOA #117769

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in