I got it back! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old Apr 20th, 2011, 3:58 pm Thread Starter

I got it back!

Just got home with a new ABS pump! Total bill was $3648.. Brake fluid on the side panel made a $200 deduction. Brakes work perfect. Now if anyone wants it, I'll take $8500 for it. Just let me know.

Ronnie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old Apr 20th, 2011, 4:51 pm

Re: I got it back!

Heck, You just got it fixed... You have a two year warranty...

Go, Ride, and be plentiful.....

John

Live and direct from the new earthquake capitol of the U.S. Jones, Oklahoma
08 Can-Am Spyder (Miss Lindy's)
03 R1200CLC Capri Blue "Flipper"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

01 R1100RT Glacier Blue "Lucky"
91 R100GS "It'sNotAMoneyPit"
The voices in my head may not be real, But they have some good ideas!

"I like the wind in my face and Boobies on my back. No, Wait, I got that backwards"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 Old Apr 20th, 2011, 10:06 pm

That is insane. One part cost half of what the bike is worth. The fact that the LT is only worth 9K doesn't make it any better. I understand your frustration.

post #4 of 8 Old Apr 20th, 2011, 10:39 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnieds
Just got home with a new ABS pump! Total bill was $3648.. Brake fluid on the side panel made a $200 deduction. Brakes work perfect. Now if anyone wants it, I'll take $8500 for it. Just let me know.

Ronnie
G'day Ron, "from down under"

$US3648 for an ABS pump?????????????? you gotta be kidding me?? that's really sad....and painful..... how come you were not able to get a working ABS pump from a wrecker...(probably the reason why the wrecker had a pranged LT to start with I hear you say...hahhaha)...nahhhh maybe one of those dipstick cage drivers that are now so plentiful on the roads may have damaged an LT but some parts are still intact..??

To pay up front this cost, and now offer yer bike for sale at $US8500 seems a bit "depressing'...???

cheers

Phill
19XX BSA 125cc "racing" Bantam
1950 Sunbeam 500cc S7 Combo
19XX Royal Enfield 500 J2 combo
19XX BSA 500cc single B33
1960 Triumph 650cc Tiger 110
1970 Honda 750cc four K1
1975 Triumph Trident 750 triple
1978 XS1100E 1100cc "The Tardis" (ret)
1999 K1200LT "Beryl Beemer"

Ulysses 18430
post #5 of 8 Old Apr 21st, 2011, 5:29 am Thread Starter

I could only find one used one on E-bay out of an 01 and didn't want to take a chance on it. They wanted $1200 for it. At least this one has a 2 year garrantee. It has left a bad tast in my mouth for BMW no matter how good it rides or feels. If I can get somewhere around what I'm asking I'll let it go. Might buy an Ultra who knows.
post #6 of 8 Old Apr 21st, 2011, 7:21 am

I HEAR YA!!!!!!

I am going through this same ordeal on my 04. My pump works "partially/intermittently". I am still riding the bike but very cautiously and not on congested highways. I'm still hoping to get lucky and have the occasional system flushes that I am doing "bring it back to life". My bike is only in "fair to good" condition and if the brakes worked properly would probably only bring ~$7000. I doubt if I will shell out $3500 to fix it. I think it will probably be sold as a "fixer upper" or a parts bike.

I love the ride of the bike but this experience and seeing the price of other BMW parts has really turned me off...absolutely ridiculous...in my opinion. I currently own several of and always have owned bikes of another brand and think there is another one of them in my future when I finally get rid of the LT.
post #7 of 8 Old Apr 21st, 2011, 1:13 pm

It is truly amazing that this part can total a bike...

Than add to that the fact that a number of the units are for a single year only - makeing the whole "Supply and Demand" rule make the price of the unit list at $3,400 or something like that... Ridiculous and BMW should be embarrassed about this situation.

I had the same thing on the 2000 K1200LT with only 24K miles on it during my purchase. Luckily with some negotiations, and a very good seller - it worked out for all.

When I went in to discuss the situation with the service manager, my conversation started with - Don't tell me that those two ABS lights are an indicator that the bike is totalled...

Two things to check:

- Make sure your battery is good - not just charged, but good. BMW has seen it where a failing battery can cause the errors... (I have not seen it, but trust the BMW rep that I have got to know...)

- Silly thing, but if you have your hand on the brake at a certain time (start up I think), it could set the ABS lights - they would reset on the next start...
post #8 of 8 Old Apr 21st, 2011, 3:29 pm

WOW $3600ÖI'm beginning to think that my pristine '04 might be worth more if I part it out. Parting it out might be my only option anyway because it would seem that thereís not much of a market for it right now.

EZ-RDR55
The opinions expressed herein are mine, and do not represent that of any other humanoid past, present or future on this or any other planet.

'95 H-D FXDWG
'06 Honda CRF250X
'04 KTM 450EXC
'97 Honda XR-600R
'04 K1200LT (Sold)
'07 K1200GT (Sold)
'09 Wee-Strom DL-650ABS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in