LT highway pegs - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old Apr 15th, 2011, 6:57 pm Thread Starter

LT highway pegs

Does anyone know where to get Highway pegs for an 06 LT?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old Apr 15th, 2011, 7:53 pm

Re: LT highway pegs

Just a heads up on Bobs hi-way pegs, unless your legs are really short like 28" inseam and challenged just sitting on the LT your going to find them too close to you making knees bent quite a bit and likely will not be comfortable with them.
7 years ago when getting my LT tried Bobs pegs, standard J-pegs, XL J-peg and Hi-way Ottomans. Sold all but the ottomans finding them hands down the most comfortable and easy to use ... nothing to do but lift your leg and set calf area upon pad.
Just an FYI post ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdogelphant
Does anyone know where to get Highway pegs for an 06 LT?

"00" Canyon Red LTI ~ Well Farklized ~ Bug Splattered
Our "semi" quiet riot
*** Trailer Too ***

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
T
wisties Required

post #3 of 13 Old Apr 15th, 2011, 8:02 pm Thread Starter

Thanks for the valuable informations.

Mourad

post #4 of 13 Old Apr 16th, 2011, 12:22 pm

Motorhead,
I've searched for these "Hi-way Ottomans" via the search here and on google but nada. Can you give further info about where I might do a little more research? I could really use something to allow my legs to stretch. I'm reluctant to go with the J-pegs at this point due to my rare occasion of letting the bike rest on it's side

2003 Silver K1200LT

post #5 of 13 Old Apr 16th, 2011, 12:52 pm

I had Mick-O-Pegs installed on my LT at CCR Killington and the ride home was so much better. I love mine.

http://www.ridingiswonderful.com/id1.html

Ray

2007 K1200LT Hannigan- Blue
2012 R1200GS - Rallye
1973 R75/5 Toaster - Black
post #6 of 13 Old Apr 16th, 2011, 3:55 pm

+1 on the Mick-o-Pegs

Bill Dowdy
2014 RT
2006 LT
2000 HD Ultra Classic
post #7 of 13 Old Apr 16th, 2011, 10:27 pm

+2 on Mick-O-Pegs

Scott and Theresa
Munising, MI
2004 K1200LT Black
2014 Kawasaki KLR650

post #8 of 13 Old Apr 17th, 2011, 7:40 am
cws

Garage
Thumbs up Re: LT highway pegs

+3 on Mick-O-Pegs...
Done the first 4500km of a 16500km trip... they are well worth putting on the bike.
You cant really get around the fact that the chrome trim still hits your shins, but I padded that with some 10mm adhesive rubber, and it helps a whole lot.
cheers

Chris
Sydney, NSW
2005 Dark Graphite Metallic K1200LT

2005 Orient Blue Metallic K1200GT SE
(sold 2019)
2000 Red Honda CB250 (the toy)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #9 of 13 Old Apr 17th, 2011, 11:29 pm

I first had HighwayOttomans and like them at first. Lifting your leg onto them at speed gives the same reaction as when you were a kid and put you hand outside the car window at speed. I got tired of pressure my leg had on it and felt they were raised to high. I then found the MOP's and really like them, no pressure and legs are in a more natural position. They felt a little spongy at first but then i got used to that feeling and now like it. The only thing you need to get used to is your feet are low to the road and I have caught my pant legs on them when putting my foot down at a stop, that was scary! Here is a pic of what your feet look like while riding with MOP's then with Ottomans.

Ottomans

05' LT Dark Grey, "Battle Star"
14' KTM 1190
03' KTM 450 EXC Dually
72' Honda SL 100
67' Triumph Bonneville
65' Honda CB160
70' Honda CB350

Last edited by dmatson; Apr 17th, 2011 at 11:35 pm.
post #10 of 13 Old Apr 17th, 2011, 11:37 pm

I am somewhere between 29" - 30" in the inseam department. I have a pair of J-pegs that I put out when I need to stretch out and they work very well. My heels are just past the black wings on the LT and pretty comfortable.

I do not use them much or Winter rides as they expose my lower legs to the cold too much, but from now on into the fall, they work great.

Bill

wild bil
07 K1200LT Biarritz Blau
80 Yamaha XS850 Black - retired in 06
post #11 of 13 Old Apr 18th, 2011, 10:19 am
Lifetime Supporter

Thumbs up Re: LT highway pegs

I am another vote for the Mick-o-pegs.
I had them installed at CCR in the Ozarks when I still had my stock seat. I since had my seat redone by Rick Mayer and I found that I need to use the MOP quite a bit less, but they are still such a relief on long rides.
I used to have (regular) J-pegs and it was a bit awkward to use while cruising at higher speeds on the highway. You get a lot of turbulence once your legs are out of the "air pocket".

Gilles & Kathy
BMWMOA# 154719
IBA# 71594
2011 Ostra Gray RT
06 Mercedes-Benz E350 Estate (parts and people hauler)
2012 BMW X3 (parts and people hauler)
86 Porsche 911 Cabriolet (my "new" baby)

For her I climbed the highest mountain!
For her I swam across the deepest ocean!
For her I walked through the largest desert!
And then she left me... She said I was never home!!!

post #12 of 13 Old Apr 22nd, 2011, 11:22 am

I have the J Pegs and the Mick-O-Pegs on my bike.

The J Pegs are practically worthless: they require a wide hip bearing (your hip joints will feel it) and are awkward to reach.

The Mick-O-Pegs are great ... but pricey. They will relieve your issues on the road.

Tom Talleur
Coastal Georgia
IBA # 30573

2000 K1200 LTC Canyon Red with Unigo
2005 R1200 RT Red

2002 CCR - Santa Fe, NM (Radisson Santa Fe)
2003 CCR - Gatlinburg, TN (Park Vista Resort)
2004 CCR - Breckenridge, CO (Beaver Run Resort)
2005 CCR - Jackson Hole, WY (Grand Teton National Park)
2006 CCR - Braselton, GA (Chateau Elan and Winery)
2009 CCR - Rapid City, SD (Ramkota Hotel)
post #13 of 13 Old Apr 22nd, 2011, 9:33 pm

Garage

[QUOTE=dmatson]I first had HighwayOttomans and like them at first. Lifting your leg onto them at speed gives the same reaction as when you were a kid and put you hand outside the car window at speed. I got tired of pressure my leg had on it and felt they were raised to high. I then found the MOP's and really like them, no pressure and legs are in a more natural position. They felt a little spongy at first but then i got used to that feeling and now like it. The only thing you need to get used to is your feet are low to the road and I have caught my pant legs on them when putting my foot down at a stop, that was scary! Here is a pic of what your feet look like while riding with MOP's then with Ottomans.

Ottomans

You are right form this view it looks like you could kick a soccer ball on the road without having to move your foot. It is a pretty natural position but on my other bikes highway pegs took my legs more forward so your weight shift was a quarter circle area (tailbone to front portion of cheeks and every point in between). It was a 2 for 1 ease your buns and stretch your legs all at the same time. Agree get use to it.
ride safe
PS: Try putting your pant inside your boot to avoid snagging even on regular pegs!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in