BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

The wisdom of Dick ...

3K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  kmurphy165 
#1 ·
… has been spread to the Cycle World community. I'm not a regular subscriber to CW, but get it 'cause I bought something, somewhere :confused: and started getting the magazine. Having just started looking through it (after reading through the latest issues of BMW ON and Airmail), I noticed on page 79 that DIck Largen from Boerne TX (our BMWLT's very own) has a K1200LT fluid changing tip written up there! How cool and congrats Dick!

I chose to ignore the Walmart greeter comment.

Have fun,
Jer

#2 ·
jers99lt said:
… has been spread to the Cycle World community. I'm not a regular subscriber to CW, but get it 'cause I bought something, somewhere :confused: and started getting the magazine. Having just started looking through it (after reading through the latest issues of BMW ON and Airmail), I noticed on page 79 that DIck Largen from Boerne TX (our BMWLT's very own) has a K1200LT fluid changing tip written up there! How cool and congrats Dick!

I chose to ignore the Walmart greeter comment.

Have fun,
Jer
Hey, Jerry - thanks for the nice words (and to Wolfgang too, for the mention). I gotta tell y'all tho - I tried to give credit for the puppy training pad tip to my friend across town, Dave Moore, who IIRC, originally brought the idea to one of local tech sessions. Didn't make it in the piece, so apologies to Davey for thunder stealin'! ;) BTW, I kinda overlooked the greeter thang too! :)

#3 ·
Oh jeez.... Now Dick's a media celebrity. Hopefully fame won't change him! :D

#5 ·
Howdy, Folks.

Been thinkin' on this wisdom of Dick thang. I've had the pleasure of bein' around Dick a fair bit. And every time I clue him in on an idea or three of mine, I don't get much wisdom, rather, Dick falls on the floor and laughs too hard to say much.

Brain-Stormin' Karl

#7 ·
kmurphy165 said:
Howdy, Folks.

Been thinkin' on this wisdom of Dick thang. I've had the pleasure of bein' around Dick a fair bit. And every time I clue him in on an idea or three of mine, I don't get much wisdom, rather, Dick falls on the floor and laughs too hard to say much.

Brain-Stormin' Karl
That's cuz Lynn already clued me in 'fore you got here!!! :histerica

Hey, btw - shouldn't that 'kicker' read "Barn-Stormin'" instead of "Brain Stormin'"?? I mean, if you've put that Star Wars machine together that you bought last time you were in my 'hood, I'd make bet you got at least barn roof heighth on the first lift off!! ;) ;)

#9 ·
Loren, that's a great question! Dick, if you make it up to Boise I'll buy your first Cerveza or Star$$, whichever you're feelin like!

John
wa1200lt said:
All hail Dick!!! Can I get your oddygraf in Boise?

Loren

#10 ·
AlaskaFish said:
Loren, that's a great question! Dick, if you make it up to Boise I'll buy your first Cerveza or Star$$, whichever you're feelin like!

John
Hi John - Hi Loren. Say, both you guys would be a treat to meet in Boise if I can get there. I always have positive thoughts about the next CCR; sumpthin' just jumps in the way every time! :( Butt I'm still working on it and maybe this'll be the year. :)

#11 ·
Dick said:
Hi John - Hi Loren. Say, both you guys would be a treat to meet in Boise if I can get there. I always have positive thoughts about the next CCR; sumpthin' just jumps in the way every time! :( Butt I'm still working on it and maybe this'll be the year. :)
I signed up for CCR cuz I heard you were going to be there...

#12 ·
Dick said:
That's cuz Lynn already clued me in 'fore you got here!!! :histerica

Hey, btw - shouldn't that 'kicker' read "Barn-Stormin'" instead of "Brain Stormin'"?? I mean, if you've put that Star Wars machine together that you bought last time you were in my 'hood, I'd make bet you got at least barn roof heighth on the first lift off!! ;) ;)
Hi, Dick. Yah the wife certainly considers warnin' the folks of my comin' into the hood a civic duty. Nope, no aviatin' been real serious sick and short of wampum for missin' work. Goin' in for more rides in the mystical, magical MRI machine and then the docs. Maybe by spring.

Sick In The Head Karl

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.