NEW 7Jurock LT Windshield! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old Jan 27th, 2011, 5:15 pm Thread Starter

NEW 7Jurock LT Windshield!

Just to let you know I just mounted my new shield from 7 Jurock. It's a super clear non coated shield 22" version. The fit, quality, price, looks and performance far excel the OEM shield. Right now they are offering a 10% discount if you place an order over the phone and mention that you are associated with this forum! Their phone is 877-406-0053. List on the stock height shield is only $180 with the discount. I have purchased other shields from them in the past and have always received great service and excellent products.Let me know what you think!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old Jan 27th, 2011, 6:30 pm

Re: NEW 7Jurock LT Windshield!

OK, I'll let you know what I think!

I'm not exactly sure how a cheap acrylic windshield even comes close to an OEM polycarbonate in performance... let alone "far excel" one in any parameter. Perhaps you can explain a bit further.

I guess if you want a windshield that has 20 times LESS impact resistance and scratches much easier than a hard coated polycarbonate that's a good deal...

Hey, you don't work for 7 Jurock, do you? That sure was nice of you to offer a discount and even their 800 number along with your glowing testimonial.

You sure do get around Skippy - why, you're EVEN on the Ducati England forums talking about your V-Strom and Concours. You also have a Multistrada too! Man, must be nice to have so many bikes!

I guess some people just have all the luck:

"In the past I have purchased windshields from 7Jurock for my V-Strom and Concours 14 and loved them. Recently I decided to give them a call and see if anything was available for my new Multistrada. Roy the owner said he was planning on manufacturing one in the near future but needed a "test mule". I volunteered! After testing about 10 shields and making small changes to each, I believe they now are the best available for our bikes. Roy worked at Cee Baileys for many years before branching out on his own and creating new revolutionary designs.
Some 7Jurock shields are relatively flat and others are designed with a small flip. Taking into consideration the rake on the MS 1200, it was imperative to add it for our bikes. From lots of experience riding, (over 40 years and close to 100 bikes) I generally am not a proponent of a flip, but again, this bike needs it. If you have visited the CalSci site and read about why they vent their shields vs. adding a flip (the Von Karman effect) you will understand what they are trying to achieve.
I should preface all of this by saying that about 3 weeks ago I ordered 2 shields from CalSci and had time to evaluate them. I notice several problems with their design. First when ordering a tall windshield, which I tend to prefer, I still want to see over the shield. This is achieved with their design but not without having the top of the shield just inches from your helmet. I suppose I would eventually get used to that but don't like the idea of it being so close. Second, as you have no doubt noticed, the stock shield on our bikes have indentations for the mounting hardware which keeps it flush against the sliding bracket. On the CalSci the curvature of the shield makes mounting precarious. And third, the finish on the edges looks like it was done with a drill bit, rough as hell.
On the road, the wider top portion of the 7Jurock offers more wind protection with even less buffeting than stock or the CalSci and therefore I give 2 thumbs up to them. Go to 7Jurock.com to check them out and see pics, they truly are a work of art!. Presently they have decided to make shields from 19" to 23" in height. Note: this is measured from the bottom screw mount, not the bottom of the shield. They are also making 2 small sport shields.
Now here is the best part! 7Jurock is having a blanket sale on their products and if after visiting their site you are interested in purchasing one, pick up the phone, give them a call and mention you are a member of the Ducatisti.co.uk forum and they will give you another 10% off which more than pays for your shipping! (Almost enough for intl shipping) There is no provision for this additional discount on the site, you have to call them, or send an email first, and ask for it...
I'll look forward to your feedback! "

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ban him!.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	30281  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Like Butt-ahh!"

Last edited by RonKMiller; Jan 27th, 2011 at 6:44 pm.
post #3 of 13 Old Jan 27th, 2011, 10:47 pm

Hoo Haa Ron, you're like the Ralph Nader of the LT site.....Sic Em boy!

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobobomy!
87 K100RS Tooling round town edition
01 K1200LT Luxo-Barge
83 Yamaha XJ Turbo Forced Air Futility
83 GPz 1100 Thrashed, Trashed & Crashed
74 Honda 500-4 Mad Max reincarnate

post #4 of 13 Old Jan 28th, 2011, 5:49 am

Thanks Ron.......

Dano
Tampa, Fl.

12 K1600 GTL
02 K1200 LT (gone but not forgotten)
post #5 of 13 Old Jan 28th, 2011, 7:11 am

Yea Ron, way ta go! We already have enough vendors trying to sell their products using inappropriate tactics. (No names!)

- Joe
post #6 of 13 Old Jan 28th, 2011, 8:53 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13_ver2
Yea Ron, way ta go! We already have enough vendors trying to sell their products using inappropriate tactics. (No names!)
Yeah, right Joe - perhaps you would like to show me an example?

Hmmmm... I mean, you've been around long enough to easily find one that uses "inappropriate tactics"? Maybe you can find a post where I breathlessly promote a product and slam a competitor at the same time too? It doesn't exist - and you know it - because homey don't play like that. I don't need to.

Don't forget boss, that I've got my own little corner of the world called a separate Vendor Forum where I can toot my horn if I feel like it. Just make sure you don't pull an example from there out of context - which you are SOOOOooo fond of doing all the time with everything for your own self-aggrandizement.

Oh wait a minute - I've got the new, improved "reformed" NICE Version 2 Joe confused with the "old" NASTY Joe.... he would never do anything like that, right?

To paraphrase Winston Churchill - when accused by a woman of being rip roaring drunk at a party - he responded:

"That may be true madam, but in the morning you will still be ugly.

Better yet, I'll just quote you talking about yourself :

"We have met personally, and he knows I'm a jackass."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Like Butt-ahh!"

Last edited by RonKMiller; Jan 28th, 2011 at 9:02 am.
post #7 of 13 Old Jan 28th, 2011, 10:45 am

Five posts over nearly four years and labled a Troll.... How sad..

Now here's this guy who thinks he's found a good deal on a windshield so he shares it with the group. Little does he know....

/rant on :

Since he obviously hasn't spent much time here, He's fairly ignorant of the fact that the LT upper class will roast his nutz over the LT's Hibachi attachment for posting about anything less than the "best" available.

After all, We are the elite of motorcycling and if you can't afford the Very, Very, Very best, Then what do you think you're doing posting here...

Now if it was the most expensive windshield available for the LT.. I'm sure you'd get a more positive response..

I appologize for the poor treatment..

On the other hand, If you really are a troll.... Piss Off !

Some of you guys take yourselves way too seriously.

John

Live and direct from the new earthquake capitol of the U.S. Jones, Oklahoma
08 Can-Am Spyder (Miss Lindy's)
03 R1200CLC Capri Blue "Flipper"

01 R1100RT Glacier Blue "Lucky"
91 R100GS "It'sNotAMoneyPit"
The voices in my head may not be real, But they have some good ideas!

"I like the wind in my face and Boobies on my back. No, Wait, I got that backwards"

post #8 of 13 Old Jan 28th, 2011, 10:52 am
Old Dawg

Seems to be trolling over at Ducati.ms too....

Scott
Sacramento CA
HDDC Posse

''03 Ducati ST4S with ABS - '12 KTM 500EXC - '19 BMW GS/A
(Jessica Focker's) '15 BMW S1000RR - '17 KTM 350EXC-F - '09 Yamaha XT250

Some of the most asinine things people do are typically preceded by the two words "Watch this."
post #9 of 13 Old Jan 28th, 2011, 11:01 am

Ron, appreciate the heads up.
Thanks.
post #10 of 13 Old Jan 28th, 2011, 11:30 am

Any windshield that you like at the best price is the one to get. There are proponents of each type thus clearly advantages to each type. The insistence of one type over another seems more like a need for affirmation than much else. I really don't get the need to "expose" someone who simply posts the sale of an item that he likes even if he or she is "trolling". Further, 5 posts might simply be an indication that a person has a life other than this forum. A broadside attack is not needed. I hope nobody out there who disagrees with me runs a background check. Must be nice to have 4 in the barn and fly a plane! See, anyone can do ad hominems.
post #11 of 13 Old Jan 28th, 2011, 12:32 pm

OMG he recommened a CHEAP HID kit too. Save us from this troll.

Just Go

Mike
Cleveland Ohio
2014 K1600 GTL Grey Wolf.
post #12 of 13 Old Jan 28th, 2011, 12:45 pm

He isn't a troll, and he does have an LT. I met Skip at Long Beach BMW a few years ago. He had just bought an LT from some famous and broke pro basketball player and was at the dealer asking questions from a salesman that didn't have alot of knowledge of LT's. The salesman asked me if i could help him so i did, like we all do here. I told him about this great forum where he could get any question answered and people were always willing to help. He is a salesman and has lots of contacts and buys and sells lots of things. I haven't seen him in a couple of years but it would not supprise me that he has a few different bikes and is on a few different forums. He may have come on a little different than what we are used to here but he is a good guy, not a troll. Ron when I went with a friend a while ago to get his seat made (from a very well known guy) he looked at my LT's seat and proceeded to tell me all the things that he didn't like about the seat. When he was done I told him I really liked this seat and I really liked the seat he had made for my KTM 950 also. I know you don't like some wind screens, I hated the stock screen and love the C/B. That kind of thing keeps you in bussiness right? I remember when I got my new seat I had lots of people tell me the only seat to get was a ********, I chose you and am very happy with my choice. We all have a choice so as Rodney once said "can't we all try to get along". (it's a joke)

05' LT Dark Grey, "Battle Star"
14' KTM 1190
03' KTM 450 EXC Dually
72' Honda SL 100
67' Triumph Bonneville
65' Honda CB160
70' Honda CB350
post #13 of 13 Old Jan 28th, 2011, 3:21 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonKMiller
Yeah, right Joe - perhaps you would like to show me an example?

Hmmmm... I mean, you've been around long enough to easily find one that uses "inappropriate tactics"? Maybe you can find a post where I breathlessly promote a product and slam a competitor at the same time too? It doesn't exist - and you know it - because homey don't play like that. I don't need to.

Don't forget boss, that I've got my own little corner of the world called a separate Vendor Forum where I can toot my horn if I feel like it. Just make sure you don't pull an example from there out of context - which you are SOOOOooo fond of doing all the time with everything for your own self-aggrandizement.

Oh wait a minute - I've got the new, improved "reformed" NICE Version 2 Joe confused with the "old" NASTY Joe.... he would never do anything like that, right?

To paraphrase Winston Churchill - when accused by a woman of being rip roaring drunk at a party - he responded:

"That may be true madam, but in the morning you will still be ugly.

Better yet, I'll just quote you talking about yourself :

"We have met personally, and he knows I'm a jackass."

Gotcha Ron.

- Joe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in