do options come in groupings? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Jan 23rd, 2011, 5:27 pm Thread Starter

do options come in groupings?

I see so many LT for sale. It's hard to compare them because the each offer different options , some I want (abs, cruise) some i wouldnt mind but can live without ( trac control, ) are they packaged together ? is there a chart some where? Thanks in advance, Al
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Jan 24th, 2011, 4:16 am

Re: do options come in groupings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrom999
I see so many LT for sale. It's hard to compare them because the each offer different options , some I want (abs, cruise) some i wouldnt mind but can live without ( trac control, ) are they packaged together ? is there a chart some where? Thanks in advance, Al
Traction control?....on an LT? Never heard of that.
I think that when talking options, it would be mostly things like intercoms, cb radios, 6 disc cd changer, heated seats, etc.
It has more to do with what year bike that you are looking to buy.
In the earlier years there were 3 model levels of trim but since the update in '05 I think that they are pretty much the same.
The LT has gone from casette players to a cd player to a cd player with a 6 disc in right saddlebag to a cd player with an input for mp3/ipod.
The search function on this site is your friend; spend some time reading older threads that pertain to your questions.

kk610lt
2007 K 1200 LT
2004 R 1150 GS Adventure
2002 K 1200 LT (totaled by a SUV 10-7-08)
1988 Concours
Why do bullets bounce off of Superman, but he ducks when you throw a gun at him?
post #3 of 5 Old Jan 24th, 2011, 6:15 am

Talking Re: do options come in groupings?

most if not all LT's come with abs, cruse control, reverse, radio, heated seats, and such. 05's and newer added power center stand, more HP. A lot of owners have added what we call farkels that include GPS, radar, and extra lights, after market seats and wind shields, and mirrors intercomm sytems to name a few.

find one you like and ride it like you stole it

Toby in New York
1983 R80RT Red (sold)
'03 R1200CLC (T-boned and replaced with)
'04 R1200CL Sidestand problem, BMW traded me for
'05 K1200LT. Goldie, Priceless
Lusting after K1600 GTL

post #4 of 5 Old Jan 24th, 2011, 9:59 am

I had the same questions before I bought my '01 as you.

Here is kind of, maybe possibly, what I think I might know about your dilemma.

Let's start with the differences in the years. LT's only!

The bikes manufactured before January1, 2001 have ABS II NON LINKED ABS brakes. January 1, 2001 bikes and later used the linked brake system. Easy to tell by looking at the front calipers. The earlier non-linked brakes have the name Brembo cast into the calipers. The later, linked brake calipers will say BMW on them.

2005 models added the electro hydraulic center stand. They also added 13 HP to the bike and adjusted the steering geometry for better low speed handling.

There are 3 models produced. LTA's, B's and C's.

The LTC is the full monte including heated grips, heated seats, factory intercom, 6 CD changer.

The B model does not include the intercom system.

Not sure about the A models but I believer there is no CD changer.

If the bike has factory heated grips then it as heated seats too.

I tried to find the post where I asked this question but was unable to find it.

Loren

WAK1200LT
Loren

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui
post #5 of 5 Old Jan 24th, 2011, 11:29 am

Models varied by year. 2003 had icon, custom(or chrome) and elite. Top of the line added gps and a com system.

Just Go
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike
Cleveland Ohio
2014 K1600 GTL Grey Wolf.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in