Lookin for a set of J-Pegs for K1200LT Standard Length - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old Jan 11th, 2011, 11:06 pm Thread Starter

Lookin for a set of J-Pegs for K1200LT Standard Length

Looking for a new or nearly new set of J-Pegs for the K1200LT. They were shown on Beemer Boneyard at $315 a set for the standard versions, but when I tried to order a pair, the shipping tipped the scales at $999.99. I thought that a bit much even for a BMW part so sent them am email requesting clarity on that incident. I feel sure that their way to let you know they are out of stock or something like it.Lookin for set of J-Pegs for a K1200LT

If any of you guys out there have a used pair in good shape, or know where I could purchase a new pair at a bit of a discount, I'd appreciate a short note to that effect.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Tommy Connell
Valdosta, GA

Tommy
77 years old and gittin' younger
__________________________________________________ __
'07 K1200LT Black w/color matched Hannigan Europa II Trailer
'09 KLR650 heavily modified for the TAT

IBA #48786
MOA #164466

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old Jan 12th, 2011, 6:42 am
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car

Re: Lookin for a set of J-Pegs for K1200LT Standard Length

HERE you go .

Stevie Shreeve
post #3 of 14 Old Jan 12th, 2011, 7:48 am

I have them and think they're useless, so I'm happy to restore the bike to original in this area. Does anyone know what parts would have to be exchanged to make this happen? IE, do I need the original plastic and metal crash loop from the other bike and that's it, or more?

Tommy, would you be interested in a swap? My left one does have some parking lot drop damage on it, I can get some detailed pics for you to see if it's acceptable.

Carlos Alvarez
Gilbert, AZ
2000 K1200LT-I

post #4 of 14 Old Jan 12th, 2011, 8:11 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvarez
I have them and think they're useless, so I'm happy to restore the bike to original in this area. .

I have JPEGS, MOPs, and the Highway Ottomans.

I much prefer just the MOPs. I think they are the most comfortable for switching riding positions.

Other than that, the rest of my time is spent on the factory pegs.

Glenn
Virginia Beach VA and Washington DC

2006 K1200LT "Phoenix Helena": Dark Graphite (#946)
2005 K1200LT "Dolly": Dark Graphite (#946) - Totaled July 2011
2002 K1200LT "Helga"-totaled Apr 2009
Iron Butt Membership # 45813

<By Motorcycle>

<By Car or Ship>
post #5 of 14 Old Jan 12th, 2011, 8:58 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvarez
I have them and think they're useless, so I'm happy to restore the bike to original in this area. Does anyone know what parts would have to be exchanged to make this happen? IE, do I need the original plastic and metal crash loop from the other bike and that's it, or more?

Tommy, would you be interested in a swap? My left one does have some parking lot drop damage on it, I can get some detailed pics for you to see if it's acceptable.
All you really need to do is remove the bolt and the Jpeg and you are set.

If you want to, you can remove/replace the engine guard covers and you get a cleaner look

IF you want to restore to factory you need to purchase crash bars and remove/replace the engine guard covers.

When I purchased my 09, the previous owner had jpegs that were a little banged up and they were too far out for my stubby legs to reach.

I removed the jpeg bars, replaced with the factory crash bars that the dealer had boxed up for the PO and purchased new guard covers.

I have the old jpegs and bars if anyone wants to make me an offer. I will let them go cheap along with the carsh guard covers that are pre cut...

2009 K1200LT The Черный заяц 2 March '12 -
2008 R1200GSA Dec'11 - March '12 (sold)
2009 K1200LT The Черный заяц Nov '10 - Nov '11 (sold )
2000 K1200LT Flying Purple Mile Eater May '10 - Nov '10 (sold)
2005 VTX1300s Nov '09 - Nov '10 (sold)

post #6 of 14 Old Jan 12th, 2011, 11:10 am
r75

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauleknight
All you really need to do is remove the bolt and the Jpeg and you are set.

If you want to, you can remove/replace the engine guard covers and you get a cleaner look

IF you want to restore to factory you need to purchase crash bars and remove/replace the engine guard covers.

When I purchased my 09, the previous owner had jpegs that were a little banged up and they were too far out for my stubby legs to reach.

I removed the jpeg bars, replaced with the factory crash bars that the dealer had boxed up for the PO and purchased new guard covers.

I have the old jpegs and bars if anyone wants to make me an offer. I will let them go cheap along with the carsh guard covers that are pre cut...

PM ed you
BW
post #7 of 14 Old Jan 12th, 2011, 11:38 am Thread Starter

Thanks guys for all the response and information.

katnapinn, thanks for that post. I had to laugh at it. I have been to all the places that sell, at retail, Beemer parts. GlennM66, I need enlightenment on what MOP's are though.

Guess I should have made the post clearer to indicate I was looking for someone that had taken a set in good working condition, off their bike and would sell them at somewhat reduced price.

r75, I did NOT get a PM from you.

Thanks again and I'm still lookin'

Tommy

IBA #48786
MOA #164466

post #8 of 14 Old Jan 12th, 2011, 11:44 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by tconnell
GlennM66, I need enlightenment on what MOP's are though.
Only the most awesome accessory ever: http://www.ridingiswonderful.com/

Glenn

<By Motorcycle>

<By Car or Ship>
post #9 of 14 Old Jan 12th, 2011, 12:01 pm Thread Starter

Glen, Thanks for the speedy response. Guess my mind is still frozen from the unusually chilly temps we are experiencing in the deep south.

You've about convinced me on the MOP's and, as soon as I saw the new post I remembered the MOP's. I'll investigate these upon returning from the BMWNEF rally this weekend down at Camp Blanding.

Take care -

Tommy

IBA #48786
MOA #164466

post #10 of 14 Old Jan 12th, 2011, 5:02 pm

Anybody intrested..I have new XL Jpegs & NEW -MOP's...not going to use them...will sell below what I paid for them.

Bob Thede
'02 K1200 LT-Blackie II

'97 BMW Z3-SO's
BMWMOA #135792

CCR-'08

'62 Fender Jazz Bass-played often!
post #11 of 14 Old Jan 12th, 2011, 9:24 pm

golf guy
pm sent
Glenn
post #12 of 14 Old Jan 14th, 2011, 10:36 am

Quote:
Guess I should have made the post clearer to indicate I was looking for someone that had taken a set in good working condition, off their bike and would sell them at somewhat reduced price.
My offer was a FREE trade of my JPEGs and crash bar/cover stuff for your originals. The only catch is I'd like to get yours in advance of removing mine, as I ride daily. I would guarantee to do the swap and send out these parts within 24 hours of receiving yours. If you want to look up my reputation for online trades I can give you my eBay and Paypal user info and my info for other motorcycle boards where I'm well known.

Carlos Alvarez
Gilbert, AZ
2000 K1200LT-I
post #13 of 14 Old Jan 15th, 2011, 9:34 pm Thread Starter

Thanks to all that replied to this post. Have just returned from the BMWNEF Rally and was able to see an LT with Mick-O-Pegs on it. Have already ordered the MOP's, so I'm set there.

Thanks again,

Tommy

IBA #48786
MOA #164466

post #14 of 14 Old Jan 16th, 2011, 5:38 pm

FYI only. If interested please PM or email me.

I have a set of standard length JPEGS that fit a pre-2005 model (no landing lights).

I also have a set of Highway Ottomans that are designed to work in conjunction with JPEGS. The are not designed to fite alone. Have to have the JPEGS already.

I do not have the little detent balls/springs for the JPEGS though.

I am at home until tomorrow and can provide pics for anybody that PM/emails me. I leave tomorrow evening until next weekend.

Can discuss price via PM or email.

Cheers,

Glenn

Glenn

<By Motorcycle>

<By Car or Ship>

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in