Corbin Seat (Yay!) - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old Dec 27th, 2010, 5:57 pm Thread Starter

Corbin Seat (Yay!)

Have a couple thousand miles on my Corbin seat and could not be happier! Initially, it made the bike too tall, but they were nice enough to modify it a bit. Very pleasant company to deal with. Highly recommend.
Also, probably hexing myself saying this, but, just turned 22,000 miles on my 2006 LT and have had ZERO problems. Bought it a year ago and have gone 10K. Do all my own work and am in love with this bike. So many posts about troublesome machines (Of course! This is the place to get solutions!), but, really, this thing is built like a fine watch. Already plotting the next long run!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Dec 27th, 2010, 7:33 pm

Re: Corbin Seat (Yay!)

Knock on wood, but I agree its a great bike. Y2K LT and have just shy of 60k. I've put the last 40k on it and its been problem free. Did do the T Cables, were tight when I bought it. I been thinking of buying a Corbin seat. I had been ok with stock seat until the last couple years. I may have put a little weight on.
post #3 of 7 Old Dec 27th, 2010, 9:33 pm Thread Starter

I am 5-11, 150 pounds and the stock seat was a torture device after two hundred miles. The Corbin, in stock form, brought me up about and inch and a half. Sadly, that made the difference between tip toes and flat footing. When I contacted them, we discussed how much lower I needed to go, they gave me a reference number and customized it for nothing more than the cost of shipping it to them. Turn around time was a little lengthy, but, I could not be more pleased. Have another Corbin on my R100. 900 mile days are suddenly possible.

post #4 of 7 Old Dec 28th, 2010, 1:48 am

Us Corbin users are the minority around here. Having a seat most find just unbearably firm and too hard. But I do agree with you on the comfort. In reading over the years most others liking the Corbin LT seats are those who tend to be tall and without much of an ass.
( I'm 6-1 at 185# )
The way Corbin builds in the contact points fits me just great and funny as it sounds, after a good 10+ hour ride getting off the seat shows 2 well defined pelvic bone dents within the seats padding dead center of the stitching area as designed.
The Corbin LT seat works for me too
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Utopia corbin.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	29952  

"00" Canyon Red LTI ~ Well Farklized ~ Bug Splattered
Our "semi" quiet riot
*** Trailer Too ***

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
T
wisties Required

Last edited by motorhead; Dec 28th, 2010 at 1:56 am.
post #5 of 7 Old Dec 28th, 2010, 12:54 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead
Us Corbin users are the minority around here. Having a seat most find just unbearably firm and too hard. But I do agree with you on the comfort. In reading over the years most others liking the Corbin LT seats are those who tend to be tall and without much of an ass.
( I'm 6-1 at 185# )
The way Corbin builds in the contact points fits me just great and funny as it sounds, after a good 10+ hour ride getting off the seat shows 2 well defined pelvic bone dents within the seats padding dead center of the stitching area as designed.
The Corbin LT seat works for me too
Agree - Corbin has worked best for me, including on the '03 and '09 LT's. The firm saddle allows for your skeletal structure support you, rather than your butt and thigh muscles, making for those all-day rides possible without pain. We are in the minority around here, but each behind is different and riding styles vary. The soft stock saddle is nice when on a short ride, and makes it easier to flat-foot while at a stop, but it is very tiring for me when on for any more than an hour...

Scott

In the garage:
'12 K1600 GTL (took delivery 5/25)
'12 Ducati Monster EVO 1100
'08 Big Dog Pitbull
'79 Honda CX 500 Deluxe (restored)

Past:
'09 BMW R1200R
'09 BMW K1200 LT
'08 Victory Vision
'06 Yamaha FJR1300
'03 BMW K1200 LT
'02 Gold Wing 1800
'98 Yamaha Roadstar
'96 GoldWing 1500
'79 Honda CX500
'77 GoldWing 1000

post #6 of 7 Old Dec 28th, 2010, 4:01 pm

"In reading over the years most others liking the Corbin LT seats are those who tend to be tall and without much of an ass."

This must be true. When I bought my bike it had a Corbin on it, and I had to get rid of it - and I'm ALL ass!!!

My son-in-law bought a Corbin for his FJR, and I have to agree that they were an easy company to deal with. Had some problems with his seat, and they jumped on it quickly.
post #7 of 7 Old Dec 29th, 2010, 10:00 pm

I bought my Corbin and then rode the bike 3,000 miles in 7 days, to the Grand Canyon and back to Texas. Bought my LT new this summer and could not get used to the stock seat.
Corbin is great to work with, I told them when I needed it so I could go to the Grand Canyon, and they delivered it early!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in