Dad Nab It! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old Sep 30th, 2010, 12:30 pm Thread Starter

Dad Nab It!

Has this happened to anyone else? Was riding home a couple of days ago, running @65. Felt something hit my left foot. Looked down and didn't really notice anything. Rode home and parked bike in the garage. Next day went out to get on it, and back it out of the garage. No reverse knob. Now what are the chances of that happening? So for now I'm carrying a pair of vice grips in the side case. Haven't looked into replacing it yet. Life goes on.

BMW 1200 LTC 2002

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Illinois...The Only State Where The Governors Make The License Plates
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Sep 30th, 2010, 1:30 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Re: Dad Nab It!

I'm gonna go tighten mine down, NOW!

Thanks,
Jer

Jerry Palma
99 K1200LTI Champagne 'Oh, Kay' (dropped: 5)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
97 K1100LT Aspen Silver Night High Line 'Silver Knight'
85 R80RT 'Lady in Red'
08 535xi Space Gray metallic
09 328i Silver Convertable
17 X3 Glacier Silver metallic

BMWMOA #157323 / ABC #11368 -- All-in-all a newbie!

I love these bikes regardless of what I've needed to fix on them. I'll: Just Ride 'em!
post #3 of 7 Old Sep 30th, 2010, 4:59 pm

Sorry for you loss RAZ, like Jerry, I am going to check mine ASAP Maybe the bone yard has one?

Bill
Eastern Virginia (Middle Peninsula)
K3ZXV
05 Honda Sabre 1100
04 Triumph Speedmaster , Black with
California Sidecar Friendship II
99 K1200LT, Basalt Gray "DELILAH" (SOLD)
99 R1100RT ,Glacier Green (SOLD
)

post #4 of 7 Old Sep 30th, 2010, 6:13 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razmataz
Has this happened to anyone else? Was riding home a couple of days ago, running @65. Felt something hit my left foot. Looked down and didn't really notice anything. Rode home and parked bike in the garage. Next day went out to get on it, and back it out of the garage. No reverse knob. Now what are the chances of that happening? So for now I'm carrying a pair of vice grips in the side case. Haven't looked into replacing it yet. Life goes on.
Contact Hoss (shoswell on the site); I think he has an extra one.

Brian
CCR: 2008, Midway; 2011, Boise; 2012, Duluth; 2014, Chattanooga. MOA: Billings, 2015; SLC, 2017
CCR-R: 2018, Russellville
'13 K1600 GTL-P - "Eva"
Sold but "beloved" ride: K12 LT - "Pepe"
IBA #31242 (SSx2, BB, BBG)
MOA #136148

-
post #5 of 7 Old Sep 30th, 2010, 8:01 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
I'd say the chances are pretty good if the screw holding it in place didn't have loctite applied per the BMW manual.

2017 KLR650 "Mule"
2007 K1200LT "Starship Enterprise", VOICE II, Navigator V, Motorrad Communicator
1987 Kawasaki Voyager XII
1976 Kawasaki KH400
1973 Kawasaki 100 G5
1970 Rockford Chibi (the orange one)

post #6 of 7 Old Oct 2nd, 2010, 3:01 pm Thread Starter

Thanks for all the replies guys. Hans (Silver Buffalo) has an extra one and is mailing it to me for the cost of a beer when I see him. Now how's that for service. Don't ya just love this board? Of course when I finally do meet him...it'll be more than just one. Beer is just like Lay's potato chips with me.
Anyway, the SO is retiring from teaching after this year, and we're looking forward to getting out on the road a lot more and meeting U'ins. Thanks, again Hans.

BMW 1200 LTC 2002

Illinois...The Only State Where The Governors Make The License Plates
post #7 of 7 Old Oct 2nd, 2010, 3:20 pm

Quote:
Thanks for all the replies guys. Hans (Silver Buffalo) has an extra one and is mailing it to me for the cost of a beer when I see him. Now how's that for service. Don't ya just love this board? Of course when I finally do meet him...it'll be more than just one. Beer is just like Lay's potato chips with me.
Anyway, the SO is retiring from teaching after this year, and we're looking forward to getting out on the road a lot more and meeting U'ins. Thanks, again Hans.
Mine fell off on my 2002. I remembered where it happened and even went back to look for it but couldn't find it.
+1 on the Locktite!

kk610lt
2007 K 1200 LT
2004 R 1150 GS Adventure
2002 K 1200 LT (totaled by a SUV 10-7-08)
1988 Concours
Why do bullets bounce off of Superman, but he ducks when you throw a gun at him?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in