Thanks To All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Sep 27th, 2010, 10:58 pm Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

Thanks To All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So today I do a valve check and oil change on an LT for a co-worker who lives a block away. Afterwards I hop on my LT to get a new cobalt drill bit at the hardware store for another project. I notice the speedometer is intermittent and the cruise control won't hold constant, it keeps shutting down. No problem. I know to splice the speedometer input wire where it has rubbed through on the crimp fitting at the top of the rear brake line. No trip to the dealer. No trouble-shooting. Right to the problem. Thanks to everyone for sharing their wisdom here in the past.

Last edited by deanwoolsey; Sep 27th, 2010 at 11:03 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Sep 28th, 2010, 10:36 am

Re: Thanks To All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take pics you care to share?

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 Old Sep 28th, 2010, 3:04 pm

+1
I had the same experience. My speedometer became flakey and the cruise wouldn't stay on.
I know immediately, thanks to this board, what to go look for.
The fix took me about 10 minutes. Without the knowledge gained from this board it would have taken days, weeks.... who knows? And it would have been very frustrating not knowing the cause.
As it was, as soon as the problem occured, I had a pretty good idea what it was. Thinking: "I remember a post about this...."
Searched the post, went right to the problem.

Lots of good good citizens on this board. Trying to be one too. (in spite of my general nature. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwoolsey
So today I do a valve check and oil change on an LT for a co-worker who lives a block away. Afterwards I hop on my LT to get a new cobalt drill bit at the hardware store for another project. I notice the speedometer is intermittent and the cruise control won't hold constant, it keeps shutting down. No problem. I know to splice the speedometer input wire where it has rubbed through on the crimp fitting at the top of the rear brake line. No trip to the dealer. No trouble-shooting. Right to the problem. Thanks to everyone for sharing their wisdom here in the past.

post #4 of 4 Old Sep 28th, 2010, 4:57 pm

Me too, easy fix.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in