Originally Posted by LAF
You can run the cruise control diag and see what happens. I dont have a link to a thread but if you search you will find it. You at least will have a starting point.
Lee is right - good starting point is to run the diagnostic. Here it is, as pulled from the Service section of the Hall of Wisdom files. You can look it up afterwards, and/or print it out so you have a copy when at the bike.
1. With the igniton switch OFF, switch on the cruise control.Press and hold the 2. SET button to the SET position and switch on the Ignition switch (LIGHT)
3. Release the SET button (LIGHT GOES OFF), move to RESET position (LIGHT)
4. Release the button (LIGHT OFF) switch OFF the cruise control switch (LIGHT)
5. Switch the cruise control switch back on (LIGHT OFF)
6. Close throttle. (LIGHT), relaese throttle. (LIGHT OFF)
7. Pull clutch lever (LIGHT),release clutch lever (LIGHT OFF)
8. Pull front brake lever, (LIGHT) release lever (LIGHT OFF)
9. Push foot brake pedal (LIGHT ON), hold for 5 seconds.(LIGHT SHOULD GO OFF), release foot brake pedal (LIGHT ON)
10. Rotate rear wheel (LIGHT SHOULD GO OFF/ON)
11. Switch off ignition.