05. Hi-Tek pussy or heavy duty hauler? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 119 Old Oct 5th, 2005, 1:01 am Thread Starter

05. Hi-Tek pussy or heavy duty hauler?

Well, I've read most of the opinions, problems, viewpoints, options, recommendations and criticisms offered on this site about the BMW K1200LT.
I did own a 1990 K100LT back in 93' and was quite happy with it. I sold it due to financial hardship but vowed to return. That day is to come this Saturday.
I must admit though I am starting to get cold feet, like a virgin groom before the wedding night. The thought of handing over 19 grand has left me questioning my actions. I'm not being cheap, mind you. But I want my hard earned money to be given in trade of a product worthy of it's monetary value.
My question is, based on what you know now, would you have or would you still have purchased this particular brand/model of motorcycle and if you had the opportunity, would the 2005 K1200LT be your choice of ride?
Thanks for your opinions on this.
Ed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 119 Old Oct 5th, 2005, 1:17 am

no
post #3 of 119 Old Oct 5th, 2005, 1:23 am
IBR# 366

Garage
Yes. I might look for a low mileage '05 at a decent price, but if my '02 were to die tomorrow I'd be on an '05 within the week (though I'd probably check the slave cylinder more often than the rear drive).

But ask me again after the new K12GT and then K12LT come out.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...

post #4 of 119 Old Oct 5th, 2005, 1:55 am

Sure

Although did not imagine it was going to be all solo and mostly commute miles...even use my '03 LTE to shop costco for lunch fixings.
post #5 of 119 Old Oct 5th, 2005, 2:48 am

Yes, yes, yes, I am on my 2nd K1200LT and love it. 1st LT was 2001, put up 92000km in 2 years, sold when I had major surgery. Bought 2004 LT, now have 22500km up, use it for shopping, work and long distance touring. Would I buy another, yes.

Mike
Darwin, Australia
post #6 of 119 Old Oct 5th, 2005, 2:56 am

I would also add a clear yes.
The 2005 wouldn't be my choice because of the elctric stand. I'd prefer the old fashioned way of putting the bike onto the stand: By muscles.
I had also a brake of 7 years after my K100LT and restarted 2 years ago. My milage per year on a 1999 modell is not that high but I guess that I had more curves in the 7500km this season then on 20000km in Australia.
post #7 of 119 Old Oct 5th, 2005, 2:58 am

Garage
Yes, but I would study and learn to do my own maintenance right from the start rather than learning the hard way.
post #8 of 119 Old Oct 5th, 2005, 3:46 am

Absolutely!
But I'd buy one thats a year or two old, only done low iles and has already lost a third of its new bike price.

What staggers me is that (if I've understood you correctly?) you can buy a new 05 LT in the US for US$19,000? Is that right????

Cripes! ... even with our exchange rate currently at about 0.74 gainst the US dollar, that still only equals to about AUS$26,500.

Why the heck are we paying around AUS $40,000 here to get a new LT?

Doesn't sound right some how?

Cheers

Barry
Brisbane
Australia
post #9 of 119 Old Oct 5th, 2005, 6:27 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryst1100
Absolutely!
What staggers me is that (if I've understood you correctly?) you can buy a new 05 LT in the US for US$19,000? Is that right????

Cripes! ... even with our exchange rate currently at about 0.74 gainst the US dollar, that still only equals to about AUS$26,500.

Well, the bike is not "brand new". More of a lightly used (3100 miles) Florida bike. Which is kind of what scares me even more. Why would anyone sell a bike after accumulating only 3100 miles? The bike is being sold by a reputable dealer and the new bike warranty is in effect. There are a few factory installed options to sweeten the deal and the bike's physical condition is best described as perfect. Scary, huh?
I belong to the old school of thought, "If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is". I have no specific reason to doubt the dealer's claims, but you never know.
Like I stated, it might just be last minute willies. I just want assurance from people who would know best.
post #10 of 119 Old Oct 5th, 2005, 6:27 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledman
no
Care to elaborate as to why?
post #11 of 119 Old Oct 5th, 2005, 6:35 am

I would definately buy another LT.. I have an '03 LTC that I purchased in April. Have put roughly 12,000 miles on it since then. It really was intended to be a long distance rider. But, I love it so much it is my go everywhere bike!!!

A Few Recommendations:

1) learn as much as you can about the maintenance and do it yourself or find a very reasonable shop to help you. This full till retail stuff for service is rediculous. We have one hear in Colorado that is very reasonable and great to work with.

2) Do not buy a new '05 off the showroom floor. If you can get a great price on a late '03, '04 or '05 with low mileage, do it ( wouldn't go pre '03 for a couple of reasons: rear end and no linked abs). If you want the standard center stand, get an '03 or '04. Most will still have some factory warranty left and cost significantly less. Plus many will have accessories already on them. If they have HID lights, running lights, or the like it is a great find.

3) Purchase an all inclusive extended warranty. It is a good investment in case you have some kind of problem. It is mechanical and things can break.

4) Make sure that the seat height is correct for you so you can flat foot it. If not, getting a lowered seat will save you alot of grief. Trust me, I know from experience.

5) Before you buy, make sure you have the bike checked out at a dealer for any potential problems. Work it in as part of the deal.

7) Check values at www.nada.com and available bikes at www.cycletrader.com .

If you have any further questions don't hesitate to contact me or others on this board to be sure.
post #12 of 119 Old Oct 5th, 2005, 6:38 am

Absolutely YES -for the mission I wanted for the bike. LD riding in comfort with performance and styling that I think is really great.

You have not said what mission you want your potential new purchase to perform. The LT might not be the best bike for what you want it to do.
post #13 of 119 Old Oct 5th, 2005, 6:38 am

I paid $19,000 for my new '05 LT less than a month ago. Dealer had 2 '05s left and was doing some housecleaning and wanted to sell them. Even has a couple of options.

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012

[/URL]
post #14 of 119 Old Oct 5th, 2005, 6:46 am

Cool

I find that it is a love/hate relationship as with many things in our lives. If you begin to concentrate on the bad things that can go wrong you may never enjoy the first ride on it. But if you ride it like you stole it, and ride with no regrets or fears, then I say HOLD on cause you are in for a surprise.
I purchased an 03 from this site it had 6K+ miles on it, it now has 22K+ and rolling. I ride it to the store, I ride it to go out to diner, any excuse I can find I climb onboard.
After my first 12K service I vowed to take care of it myself, the experience was not very good, the worst part was being in the shop for 3 days, we were on vacation, I had to rent a car, to make part of our trip plans, I had allowed for it to be in the shop for 2 days. I had made reservations for service a month in advance. I asked for a loaner bike and all I got was laughs. With the car rental,shop fees it was nearly $1K, so as you can imagine I was not happy.
But I didn't throw out the baby with the bathwater, just the soap.
Wth this site and members, I am learning to do my own maintenence and repairs and saving money too!

NOGILLS2

Booze Brother# 69
2003 K1200LTE "BEERBURNER" RIP 07/21/09
2006 Aluma Trailer "AFTERBURNER" SOLD
2007 ST1300ABS "Quicksilver"

post #15 of 119 Old Oct 5th, 2005, 7:22 am

Doubts...........

I guess you could say I am a convert, I have ridden motorcycles now for just about 47 years most of the time my bike has been my primary transportation. I have ridden many, though not all brands and for the last several years have ridden Goldwings and Yamaha Ventures. I became dissatisfied with the Goldwings after owning three 1800's and being unable to get comfortable on them which caused me to look elsewhere. So perhaps I can give you a little insight that might ease some of your doubts.. I too read all of the posts on this sight and everywhere else that I could find information about the LT. In spite of the apprhensions I decided to take the plunge and buy the LT but decided instead of buying new one, buy an older one and see how we liked it before shelling out the big money. I shopped around and located a beautiful 99 in Logan, WV which had belonged to a gentleman and his wife who had not ridden it much, it had only 10800 miles on the clock and although the price was a little above what I might have purchased another 99 for it was reasonable.

Since purchasing I have ridden several thousand miles and am very glad I took the plunge. Sure there are positives and negatives when compared to other brands but for me the positives outweigh the negatives by a fair margin. Yes there is a chance you could have a problem but the incidence of problems that we fear being involved with are so very low that it is unlikely that you will have. One thing to remember about the posts we read is that those with problems are much more vocal than those who are not having them and are out riding instead of here on the computer.

I noticed in your profile that you are in Jersey and in your post that the bike is in Florida I am located in west central Florida and have several of the Florida dealers within easy drive of my location. Should it be within a reasonable distance I would be happy to go to the dealer and look it over and or take pictures of it to send to you if you desire.

Whatever you decide I am sure will turn out for the best, good luck and ride safe!!

Jim Davis
[email protected]
post #16 of 119 Old Oct 5th, 2005, 7:41 am

Hey Ed, I'd do it again in a heartbeat. This has been the most perfect bike for riding across the country and as a daily rider for our bidness.

Sure, she's had some problems, but I don't think any bike with nearly 99,000 miles wouldn't have a few problems eventually. All machinery will break, when it does, fix it and go on.

As far as the low mileage bike your fixing to buy: this bike isn't the perfect bike for everyone as far as weight, height or ergo's. I reckon someone bought it and found out the hard way.

The main thang is the fat lady will sing and you'll smile when she does. I still do five years later.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-

Grok
post #17 of 119 Old Oct 5th, 2005, 7:56 am
BEJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by edonthenet
My question is, based on what you know now, would you have or would you still have purchased this particular brand/model of motorcycle and if you had the opportunity, would the 2005 K1200LT be your choice of ride?
Ed
Not a chance. I traded an '02 RT for my '02 LTE in November '03. I traded for more passenger comfort. I got to the point that I would pass up riding before I'd ride the LT, and my solo mileage really went down. In June of this year I bought an '04 RT with 5700 miles on it as a second bike for solo riding. The only time the LT comes out of the garage is when my wife goes with me.

The LT is a lot (200 lbs.) heavier, slower accelerating out of corners, has less ground clearance, and just isn't as much fun to ride for me as the RT. The RT is actually more comfortable for me than the LT. The LT makes me sit too upright. The RT has just enough forward lean to take the pressure off my back. I've tried an '05 LT, but the only real difference I see is the low speed handling is better, and the seat on the '05 is less comfortable. Otherwise they are pretty similar.

Burt Jones
post #18 of 119 Old Oct 5th, 2005, 7:57 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryst1100

A new LT in South Africa is R 174 000 = to approx $ 27 000
I think its because of import duties, which is crazy really as we do not have a local motorcycle manufacturing industry.

I would buy another. My 02 LT is my first BMW and is by far the best tourer on the market ( performance, handling, luggage and pillion capacity )
post #19 of 119 Old Oct 5th, 2005, 8:13 am

It's a great bike with some not so good engineering in certain areas. My take is to negotiate a 5 yr 100K mile warranty at "cost". Dealers don't give it as a "freebie", but you can negotiate getting it at their cost. That would at least give you peace of mind. If not, buy a Kaw Concours and pocket the rest of the money.
post #20 of 119 Old Oct 5th, 2005, 8:25 am

I just checked on our local IRS website.
Customs and excise duty on motorcycles...
up to 800cc = 22%
above 800cc = 24.7%

Applies to new and used
Parts are free of duty

We also have VAT of 14%

OUCH!
post #21 of 119 Old Oct 5th, 2005, 9:06 am

Wink Buying An LT?

Hi Ed,

I have bought mine last month and I am now an happy guy because my lady is crazy about it. I have sold my Electra after a 250 miles trip who broke in pieces the nerves of my sweet heart!
Now we are planning long trips for a weekend or for vaccation. Great deal!

The basic question about choosing a motorbike is "what will be my use of it?". The LT is a modern and good Tourer and an ideal bike for duo. These are the reasons of my choice.
Hope this will help you.
post #22 of 119 Old Oct 5th, 2005, 9:21 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDragon
Yes, I'm glad I purchased the 2002 KLT.
Not sure I would do it again...
Who are you? . . . and what have you done with Dave?!
post #23 of 119 Old Oct 5th, 2005, 9:24 am

Quote:
Ed
When 'the next' LT is introduced (probably '07 or '08), I will sell my '02 and buy the new one. But if my LT was to get ran over by a truck today, I'd replace it with an '05 immediately.
post #24 of 119 Old Oct 5th, 2005, 9:26 am

Without a doubt! This is my first bike and there is nothing currently out there I would ride if this bike did not exist.
post #25 of 119 Old Oct 5th, 2005, 9:48 am

Smile

Absolutely. I've had my 2002 LTE for 3 years and it is by far the best long distance touring bike in the world. I don't particularly like BMW as a company (I would not have another of one their cars) and think they could do a much better job with PR and dealer satisfaction in their motorcycle division. There are a few problems with the bike that I think BMW should step up to the plate and take care of (in design of and warranty coverage of certain defects, mainly the rear drive). But no doubt, I would buy another in a heart beat. Though, I am a Japanese convert in the auto industry. Like Grif says, "the fat lady with definitely sing"

Dick Wood
2014 R1200RTW Quartz Blue Metallic
Previous2008 Aventurin Silver Metallic K1200GT
Previous 2002 Toscana Green LTE
Previous 1995 HD FXDL
IBA #7393

post #26 of 119 Old Oct 5th, 2005, 10:21 am

no, not a new one. i was shocked by the drop in value of a new one. i figured they would hold their value more than most. boy was i wrong.

i think i'd buy a lightly used one, 2003 model year or later.
post #27 of 119 Old Oct 5th, 2005, 10:35 am

I would do it again, BUT now I have more knowledge of maintenance and a little more time do it!
post #28 of 119 Old Oct 5th, 2005, 10:57 am

No question about it. I had a Harley for years and this bike (99' LTC) made me learn to ride. I have ridden it coast to coast to coast and back and it has never let me down. My wife loves riding on the comfortable seat on the back. Wish I had as much on the front seat and it is top heavy but nothing is without little quirks. Best motorcycle investment I ever made.

Ray West
Brentwood, TN
1993 & 2011 Harleys
IBA
Sold my BMW
post #29 of 119 Old Oct 5th, 2005, 11:00 am

Same for me. After the incredible deal I got on my '02, there's no way I would replace it with a new one. The owners really tend to take care of these bikes. Lots of times, all the maintenance is performed at the dealership where it was originally purchased and eventually traded in. In my case, the dealer was able to print me an entire history of the bike. That was great for my piece of mind.

Round Mountain, Nevada

Current Bikes

2002 BMW K1200LTE (Silver)
2005 Triumph Speed Triple
2000 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
2008 KTM 530 Exc-r
1995 Suzuki DR350S
post #30 of 119 Old Oct 5th, 2005, 12:48 pm

YES!

Like others, If mine were to get stolen, wrecked, blown away by a hurricane, etc. I would replace it with another LT. I've own several bikes over the years, and this one is hands down my favorite.

At this point I'd probably replace mine with a used one as resale on these stink, but I am looking forward to the 08's coming out. By then my 2000 LT may be ready for replacement.

BB

2000 K1200LTC - Mighty Matilda
2003 KLR650

There are 3 kinds of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't.

post #31 of 119 Old Oct 5th, 2005, 1:01 pm

I would really consider getting another LT. I have an 05' and I have almost 4k miles on it. I've had it just over a month now. I really love the way it rides. I am having a few issues with it though. I have to take it back to get some kind of electronic filter installed so the gas gauge reads right, the vanity mirror broke off in the trunk, I do not like the seat (getting a new one next week), the rear brakes are very noisy, the dealership never has any parts in stock, the mirrors fall off easily and the dealerships are not close by. I guess its a love hate thing. When I am on the bike I love it. Good luck with your decision. Next time I will test ride a Goldwing though.
post #32 of 119 Old Oct 5th, 2005, 1:10 pm

You asked, "...would you have or would you still have purchased this particular brand/model of motorcycle and if you had the opportunity, would the 2005 K1200LT be your choice of ride?"

No doubt that the KLT is a great bike - I really enjoyed mine but did sell it and opted for an R1150R. The big beemer was just that - big! It was not right for me but could be perfect for you. If you ride it and are comfortable with it, by all means buy one. There are lots of good used ones around - I think that would be your best option.

Anyway, good luck whichever way you go.

Jim Keough
Cape Canaveral FL
post #33 of 119 Old Oct 5th, 2005, 1:19 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billmer
Next time I will test ride a Goldwing though.
Really??? I think a Goldwing should be rowed, not ridden
I don't see any sporty characteristics at all in the Wing, kind of like the Buick of motorcycles. If people think I'm buying this to deal with my middle age crisis, at least I'll have some fun doing it.
post #34 of 119 Old Oct 5th, 2005, 1:22 pm

Wink

" kind of like the Buick of motorcycles."

A Park Avenue...

"Like Butt-ahh!"
post #35 of 119 Old Oct 5th, 2005, 2:22 pm

Yes, Yes! As far as low miles, I saw an 02 with 5400 miles on it that the guy had just bought off someone in GA, nice clean bike. I bought a 6 year old R1200C that had 4500 miles on it. Some like to ride em, some don't I guess.
post #36 of 119 Old Oct 5th, 2005, 3:47 pm

Quote:
Really??? I think a Goldwing should be rowed, not ridden
I don't see any sporty characteristics at all in the Wing, kind of like the Buick of motorcycles. If people think I'm buying this to deal with my middle age crisis, at least I'll have some fun doing it.
The last time I rode a Goldwing I almost got shot. I was down at the local Honda shop and the mgr. asked me if I'd like to try one, so I did. I showed up at the house with it and Sandar the mag told me to hold on for a sec whilst she went to get her pistol. She thought I'd traded barbara in.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-

Grok
post #37 of 119 Old Oct 5th, 2005, 4:21 pm

Hell Yes! and that one week to the day the fuel cannister took a dump. (MY FAULT! DON"T OVERFILL THE TANK!) I recognized the problem immediately due to the info on this site so I opened the cap and drove home to do the canisterectomy. I checked with the previous owner and he had no idea this could even happen. I bought mine , a 2005 with 37,000 miles with extras and a trailer too. The only complaint he had were the brakes squealed too much. I would never hesitate to buy one of these bike from a dealer as you are doing. I ended up knowing the guy from whom I was buying and that worked out nicely. I've had the bike since July 26 and have about 3500 more miles on it. The previous owner gave me some good advice, but you can take or leave it. Ride it hard he said like I do my Ducati or Buell. It likes to rev. Don't pamper it but maintain it. Oil every 3000 instead of 6000. tranny and rear drive every 12000. I absolutely LOVE this bike and so will you.

Brian A. Brodhead
God created all men, Samuel Colt made them equal

2005 BMW K1200LT Goldie goodtime plastic fm rock'n roamer
1975 Triumph T160 750 restored "Heather" For Sale
post #38 of 119 Old Oct 5th, 2005, 4:32 pm

I loved the '05 R1200RT I tested at Bob's last week but I would still take my LT in a heart beat. Ride it like ya stole it, give her an Eye-talian tune up on a regular basis and enjoy the best touring bike made.

Dave
Monkton, MD
and Pawleys Island, SC
2002 K1200LTC
post #39 of 119 Old Oct 5th, 2005, 4:35 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifscoots
The last time I rode a Goldwing I almost got shot. I was down at the local Honda shop and the mgr. asked me if I'd like to try one, so I did. I showed up at the house with it and Sandar the mag told me to hold on for a sec whilst she went to get her pistol. She thought I'd traded barbara in.
And that's why we all love Sandy!!! Good girl!
post #40 of 119 Old Oct 5th, 2005, 5:15 pm

Quote:
based on what you know now, would you have or would you still have purchased this particular brand/model of motorcycle and if you had the opportunity, would the 2005 K1200LT be your choice of ride?
Based on what I know -- which comes from owning an '00LT and an '02 LT (the latter having suffered two(!) final drive fragging adventures) -- yes, the '05 is still my choice. As proof, you'll find my year-old '05 LT down in my office parking garage waiting on me as I type this

Mark Neblett
Fairfax, VA
post #41 of 119 Old Oct 5th, 2005, 6:00 pm

....Im thinking that $19000 is too much for a used '05 LT....thats what I paid for mine brand new last October.....factory options? most are standard on the '05 and the only option that should increase the price dramatically would be a BMW GPS system, the CD changer isnt worth the money, especially if you travel much...I know there are a few more "factory" options, but not many....unless you're talking dealer installed....with the warranty, there's nothing to be scared about, it covers it all......good luck, but get the price down!
post #42 of 119 Old Oct 5th, 2005, 6:16 pm

I'm in Florida too. Where's the bike located? I'm in Ft. Myers and they have a dealer sample one for sale also. I love mine as I stated in the other post. Where in NJ do you live? I'm familiar with Bergen county.
Brian

Brian A. Brodhead
God created all men, Samuel Colt made them equal

2005 BMW K1200LT Goldie goodtime plastic fm rock'n roamer
1975 Triumph T160 750 restored "Heather" For Sale
post #43 of 119 Old Oct 5th, 2005, 6:39 pm

Why not go look at it first. It does sound like an excellent deal.

Airborne "Never Forget"
Vonore, TN

2003 LT-E "HLZ BNZ"
2004 Rune "PNS EXTN"
1970 ZA-50 "JR"

post #44 of 119 Old Oct 5th, 2005, 7:10 pm

I sold my 93 K1100LT and bought the 05 K1200LT over a year ago. I loved the K1100 but there is no comparison to the K1200. The old LT was lighter and maybe a bit faster, but the 05 is a much nicer ride!
post #45 of 119 Old Oct 5th, 2005, 8:04 pm

I have an '03. I ride as often as I can and finished a B2B 1651 miles in 23h 20min. If I lost it I would buy another (like Meese) ASAP.
post #46 of 119 Old Oct 5th, 2005, 8:12 pm

Yes, for the purpose I intended it for I would do it all over again....
post #47 of 119 Old Oct 5th, 2005, 8:18 pm

Talking

[QUOTE=grifscoots]All machinery will break, when it does, fix it and go on.[QUOTE]

Grif, I like your attitude

It's like, WTF! Fix it and get over it. You bought a B....M...Doubleyou... Helooooooo...

post #48 of 119 Old Oct 5th, 2005, 8:24 pm

I agree with Eyeloveit....

I have an 05 and the price they want for the bike you are looking at IS too high IMHO, unless it has all the options available on it.

A nice used 05 LT with basic options like heated soft touch seats, passenger adjustable foot pegs and the basic stuff like that should be around $18,000 or even LESS and it should have VERY low miles.

Otherwise, I wouls advise you to wait a bit and see what comes up on cycle trader....

Hey Eyeloveit...Post your name at least so's I can address you .... OK?
post #49 of 119 Old Oct 5th, 2005, 8:38 pm

Along with the LT, what other bikes did you test ride?

Bob
post #50 of 119 Old Oct 5th, 2005, 8:50 pm

Smile

Howdy Ed. I haven't read what others have responded with, but here's my answer to your question. In May 2000 I purchased a new LTC and warmed up to her slowly. In September 2000 I discoverd our old internet group on Yahoo and a new world of motorcycling was opened up for me. It has taken me almost five years to equip my 2000 LT with all the accessories that I desired and had no intention of trading/selling her-I was madly in love with MS WHOYAH! she was by far the best and most loyal motorcycle friend I've ever had-until September 23, 2005 when I purchased my neighbor's '05 LT. With Ohlins shocks, more horsepower and torque, far,far superior brakes, and much improved slow speed handling I now find myself in a near state of blissful intoxication each time I ride with MS WHOYAH! v.2.0. Only when I hitch her up for the first time this coming Saturday to her new Bushtec trailer will either one of us attempt to regain some sobriety!
Oh yeah, one more thing Ed. Go out for a long and private test ride. Stop somewhere its quiet and peaceful and have a conversation with your new friend and make your purchase decision based on the results of your 'conversation'.

Bruce Harris, Jr.
Burlington, NC USA
1995 Harley-Davidson FLHTCUI Anniversary Edition
2005 Bushtec Turbo +2

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in