BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Calibrate MPG Board Computer?

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  rcoolbaugh 
#1 · (Edited)
Howdy,

Yep, did a search but couldn't find the tip on how to calibrate (correction factor) the board computer's mpg read out (2002 model, that is).

Does anyone remember how to do this.

Kicking myself for not writing down the instructions from a post many years ago.

Thanks, and forgive me if this info is readily available. I'm to dumb to find it.

#2 ·
Hey Warden,

Is This Thread what you were looking for?

I thought you disconnected the battery (and let all the bad mojo out of the computer) and then reset the throttle position senson.

Good Hunting

#3 ·
wardenross said:
Howdy,

Yep, did a search but couldn't find the tip on how to calibrate (correction factor) the board computer's mpg read out (2002 model, that is).

Does anyone remember how to do this.

Kicking myself for not writing down the instructions from a post many years ago.

Thanks, and forgive me if this info is readily available. I'm to dumb to find it.
I found the following two items by searching for "gas mileage" in the Hall of Wisdon. It is amazing how many old timers forget about searching there too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.