BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Oil Filter P/N

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Ron_Kendall 
#1 ·
I have tried to search first but cannot get good definitive information on part numbers for oil filters that will work on a 1999 K1200LT

1. Will the BMW oil filter for the R1100RT work on the 99LT? I have one left over.

2. I have P/N PL10241 for a Puralator filter. Is this correct for the 99LT?

3. I have WIX P/N 33032. Is this correct?

4. If any of Y-all have any other P/Ns for other acceptable filters would be appreciated.

Sorry to be a pain, but I want to be sure I get it right.

TIA :)

#2 ·
Boatzo said:
I have tried to search first but cannot get good definitive information on part numbers for oil filters that will work on a 1999 K1200LT

1. Will the BMW oil filter for the R1100RT work on the 99LT? I have one left over.

2. I have P/N PL10241 for a Puralator filter. Is this correct for the 99LT?

3. I have WIX P/N 33032. Is this correct?

4. If any of Y-all have any other P/Ns for other acceptable filters would be appreciated.

Sorry to be a pain, but I want to be sure I get it right.

TIA :)
I like to use the Bosch 72161 filters from www.rockauto.com ...these are like the ones from Beemer Boneyard and use the BMW filter wrench. Just be sure to remove the label before installing them.

Ron

#4 ·
joegottberg said:
I usually check this site:

Oil Filter Cross Reference

It will cross reference many of the bikes/rides.

Joe
Thanks Joe,

According to that list, the RT and LT use the same filter. It is very confusing.

And, thanks Ron for the Rockauto link. The Bosch filters certainly are affordable.

#5 ·
I can never remember the stock # (PF 53) but I have used AC Delco filters that fit all models and years of the infamous Yugo automobiles for many years. Just be sure to remove the sticky labels before installing. These labels can come off and get inside your crankcase.
Ride Safely,
Steve

#6 ·
I appreciate all the input. I have found a few things on the subject since I first posted.

The Wix P/N I listed was a fuel filter (my bad). :eek:

The oil filter for the RT and LT are the same. :D

I found that NAPA has a cross ref. for the BMW P/N, the filter is made by Wix for NAPA (made in USA ) P/N PS7936. However, the cost is around $17.00, no savings there. :(

The Bosch filters look like the best price. :)

Beemer Boneyard also looks like a reasonably priced source. :)

#7 ·
You can also use the Bosch 3330. This is the same filter that is used by the Lexus ES300. I discovered this when I put the 72161 in the Lexus and the 3330 in my bike. The good thing about that is it's readily available at any auto parts store. It's identical in size so your oil filter wrench should work fine. You can also purchase Bosch Distance Plus filters in the 3330, which holds 3 times as much dirt.

http://www.boschautoparts.com/FILTERS/Pages/DistancePlusOilFilters.aspx

However I'm currently using the ****** EA oil Filter with the ****** Synthetic 20-50.

#9 ·
wamay01 said:
Interesting...you can say Bosch but you can't say the company with soil in their name. I'm sure there is a story behind this.
There is a thread that explained that . Guess we don't have any Bosch reps trying to flog their wares.

#10 ·
joegottberg said:
I usually check this site:

Oil Filter Cross Reference

It will cross reference many of the bikes/rides.

Joe
This is interesting.....I just found out that my K1200LT and my PT Cruiser share the same oil filters.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.