BMW Radio thru Nav II via Bluetooth? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old Jul 19th, 2010, 8:05 pm Thread Starter

Smile BMW Radio thru Nav II via Bluetooth?

I am a converted HD Ultra Classic rider. I am trying to get everything set up on my new 1200 LT. The dealer has now installed the Com II intercom system and the BMW Nav III GPS. I purchased a Scala Rider G4 headset so I could listen via bluetooth to my Iphone, and GPS.
1) Is it possible to have the Bike radio and CD player send music via bluetooth into my Scala headset?
2) Can I hook up the radio to the NAV III and have the Nav III send it via bluetooth?
3) If it's not possible to send the radio via bluetooth to the helmet, where can I buy a cable that will plug into the BMW Com II and into the MP3 port on the bottom of the Scala unit?
I would prefer to be wireless completely, but if I have to hard wire the Scala to get the radio and CD into the helmet I will. Just don't know where to get the right cable for this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Jul 20th, 2010, 1:30 pm

Re: BMW Radio thru Nav II via Bluetooth?

Don't know if this will help or not but J & M makes a bluetoooth dongle that plugs into the regular cable connector of the BMW radio. this doongle then pairs with blluetooth headsets. Check here http://www.jmcorp.com/

Rich

Rich Burnett

(2) 2009 Yamaha Vstar 950's Touring
2003 K1200LT/Hannigan Trike
post #3 of 7 Old Jul 20th, 2010, 2:01 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnejr
Don't know if this will help or not but J & M makes a bluetoooth dongle that plugs into the regular cable connector of the BMW radio. this doongle then pairs with blluetooth headsets. Check here http://www.jmcorp.com/

Rich
I must not be smart enough to navigate the J & M site.

I cannot find any bluetooth dongles on their site.

Paul

2009 K1200LT The Черный заяц 2 March '12 -
2008 R1200GSA Dec'11 - March '12 (sold)
2009 K1200LT The Черный заяц Nov '10 - Nov '11 (sold )
2000 K1200LT Flying Purple Mile Eater May '10 - Nov '10 (sold)
2005 VTX1300s Nov '09 - Nov '10 (sold)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 7 Old Jul 20th, 2010, 2:49 pm

I believe he's refering to this.

http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail....LU-DNG03&PF=30 but it only works with J&M bluetooth headsets not the Scala you listed.

----------
Dave

2008 K1200LT Hannigan Trike
1991 K75RT (RIP)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 Old Jul 20th, 2010, 2:54 pm

Try this Link, Also just a thought but you do know that you get only mono from BT

www.jmcorp.com/

The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.

09 K1200 LT
Project LT:

Future plans

University Place, WA
Riding since 1969
post #6 of 7 Old Jul 20th, 2010, 8:57 pm Thread Starter

Re: BMW Radio thru Nav III via Bluetooth?

Thank you all for your comments. I didn't know that bluetooth was mono.
I called J&M today, and the BMW service department that installed the com and GPS units. Both say it can't be done wireless. The service guy says the com unit is old technology.
The J&M guy told me to go to Sierra Electronics. I haven't tried them yet.
The ulitmate would be to get a plug in to the com 6 pin port that would transmit bluetooth to the Scala unit.
At the least, I would like to find a 6 pin plug that has female MP3 plug. Then I could use an MP3 cable to hook up the Scala.
I was tying to stay wireless, so I wouldn't be plugging and unplugging all the time.

I probably should have bought the BMW headset and this would all be solved.

Anyone know places that have a wide assortment of BMW 6 pin cables?

MP3 cable to hook up the Scala unit.
post #7 of 7 Old Jul 21st, 2010, 6:50 am

Re: BMW Radio thru Nav III via Bluetooth?

I looked at Blue tooth but among the problem with poor sound its bloody damn expensive instead I went with a Starcom1 Digital from Spoiled biker I have I-pod GPS +XM radio and cheap Radar detector plumbed in as well as giving my GF the ability to listen to the music she want's through the star comm. Just a thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardwire
Thank you all for your comments. I didn't know that bluetooth was mono.
I called J&M today, and the BMW service department that installed the com and GPS units. Both say it can't be done wireless. The service guy says the com unit is old technology.
The J&M guy told me to go to Sierra Electronics. I haven't tried them yet.
The ulitmate would be to get a plug in to the com 6 pin port that would transmit bluetooth to the Scala unit.
At the least, I would like to find a 6 pin plug that has female MP3 plug. Then I could use an MP3 cable to hook up the Scala.
I was tying to stay wireless, so I wouldn't be plugging and unplugging all the time.

I probably should have bought the BMW headset and this would all be solved.

Anyone know places that have a wide assortment of BMW 6 pin cables?

MP3 cable to hook up the Scala unit.

The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.

09 K1200 LT
Project LT:

Future plans

University Place, WA
Riding since 1969

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in