BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

BMW Radio thru Nav II via Bluetooth?

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Kra961 
#1 ·
I am a converted HD Ultra Classic rider. I am trying to get everything set up on my new 1200 LT. The dealer has now installed the Com II intercom system and the BMW Nav III GPS. I purchased a Scala Rider G4 headset so I could listen via bluetooth to my Iphone, and GPS.
1) Is it possible to have the Bike radio and CD player send music via bluetooth into my Scala headset?
2) Can I hook up the radio to the NAV III and have the Nav III send it via bluetooth?
3) If it's not possible to send the radio via bluetooth to the helmet, where can I buy a cable that will plug into the BMW Com II and into the MP3 port on the bottom of the Scala unit?
I would prefer to be wireless completely, but if I have to hard wire the Scala to get the radio and CD into the helmet I will. Just don't know where to get the right cable for this? :bmw:

#3 ·
burnejr said:
Don't know if this will help or not but J & M makes a bluetoooth dongle that plugs into the regular cable connector of the BMW radio. this doongle then pairs with blluetooth headsets. Check here http://www.jmcorp.com/

Rich
I must not be smart enough to navigate the J & M site.

I cannot find any bluetooth dongles on their site.

Paul

#5 ·
Try this Link, Also just a thought but you do know that you get only mono from BT

www.jmcorp.com/

#6 ·
Re: BMW Radio thru Nav III via Bluetooth?

Thank you all for your comments. I didn't know that bluetooth was mono.
I called J&M today, and the BMW service department that installed the com and GPS units. Both say it can't be done wireless. The service guy says the com unit is old technology.
The J&M guy told me to go to Sierra Electronics. I haven't tried them yet.
The ulitmate would be to get a plug in to the com 6 pin port that would transmit bluetooth to the Scala unit.
At the least, I would like to find a 6 pin plug that has female MP3 plug. Then I could use an MP3 cable to hook up the Scala.
I was tying to stay wireless, so I wouldn't be plugging and unplugging all the time.

I probably should have bought the BMW headset and this would all be solved.

Anyone know places that have a wide assortment of BMW 6 pin cables? :dance:

MP3 cable to hook up the Scala unit.

#7 ·
Re: BMW Radio thru Nav III via Bluetooth?

I looked at Blue tooth but among the problem with poor sound its bloody damn expensive instead I went with a Starcom1 Digital from Spoiled biker I have I-pod GPS +XM radio and cheap Radar detector plumbed in as well as giving my GF the ability to listen to the music she want's through the star comm. Just a thought

Hardwire said:
Thank you all for your comments. I didn't know that bluetooth was mono.
I called J&M today, and the BMW service department that installed the com and GPS units. Both say it can't be done wireless. The service guy says the com unit is old technology.
The J&M guy told me to go to Sierra Electronics. I haven't tried them yet.
The ulitmate would be to get a plug in to the com 6 pin port that would transmit bluetooth to the Scala unit.
At the least, I would like to find a 6 pin plug that has female MP3 plug. Then I could use an MP3 cable to hook up the Scala.
I was tying to stay wireless, so I wouldn't be plugging and unplugging all the time.

I probably should have bought the BMW headset and this would all be solved.

Anyone know places that have a wide assortment of BMW 6 pin cables? :dance:

MP3 cable to hook up the Scala unit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.