It's been a great ride - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old Jul 19th, 2010, 6:45 pm Thread Starter

It's been a great ride

Wanted to let you all know how much I have enjoyed my LT. It has been a great 4 years. The clutch started to slip to add to the last 3 $1000 problems and I decided it was time to move on. I purchased a Vulcan 1600 today. Thanks to all of you for the years of help keeping the LT on the road.

Lou
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Jul 19th, 2010, 6:57 pm

Talking Re: It's been a great ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstbeemer
Wanted to let you all know how much I have enjoyed my LT. It has been a great 4 years. The clutch started to slip to add to the last 3 $1000 problems and I decided it was time to move on. I purchased a Vulcan 1600 today. Thanks to all of you for the years of help keeping the LT on the road.

Lou

Lou,
Sorry to see you go........check back in from time to time.

I've been on my LT 4 years but haven't spent the money you have so I'm sticking around. However, my FD just went AGAIN, 3rd time in 92,758 miles,so I'm putting on a used one. Either I ride to fast or something was really wrong with the original '03 FD. I'm a true 4%er, I guess.

Let us know how the Vulcan 1600 rides.

Vern

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
====
Bought used K1200LT number 3. This one is green/teal with 31,369(now 7/29/2018 54,143) miles and is an '02. The first 2 bikes made it to near 150,000 miles.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Due to heart health, the Dr says not to ride under 40 degree air temp. Ugh! Now it is harder to get my 18000 miles a year in just in the summer. Guess that stopped my 20 degree rides now.

78 years young!
04 Honda Reflex.....Hers (it mostly sits)
Converted HD rider.
Love this LT bike and still waiting for my first speeding ticket. LOL
Vern

=====
post #3 of 7 Old Jul 19th, 2010, 6:58 pm

Re: It's been a great ride

Quote:

Lou
Glad you were part of the family here, Lou. Don't be a total stranger in the future - pop in here now and then and see how we're doing and say hi. Best of the on-the-road regards to you and the Vulcan. I betcha you enjoy it to finish out this year's riding season. Be safe.

post #4 of 7 Old Jul 19th, 2010, 7:07 pm

Lou,

Safe travels wherever you go, whatever you're piloting.
Best wishes for many, many miles of trouble-free rides.
Pop in when you get a chance and let us know how you're doing.

Gary
post #5 of 7 Old Jul 19th, 2010, 9:34 pm

It doesn't matter what you ride it matters that you do ride. Good luck with the Vulcan, keep the rubber to the road stay safe and enjoy.

1982 Suzuki SP500 (traded)
1980 Yamaha Seca 750 (sold)
1998 Honda Shadow 750 (traded)
2000 Yamaha Roadstar Silverado (sold)
2007 BMW K1200LT (son will inherit)
post #6 of 7 Old Jul 20th, 2010, 8:51 am

Best of luck to ya Lou enjoy your new ride and we'll see ya on the road.

Quote:

Lou

The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.

09 K1200 LT
Project LT:

Future plans

University Place, WA
Riding since 1969
post #7 of 7 Old Jul 20th, 2010, 9:10 am

Best wishes Lou on you new ride. I like those Vulcan's too. I am new to the LT having been on my RT for many trouble free years. Sorry you had the problems.

Bill
Eastern Virginia (Middle Peninsula)
K3ZXV
05 Honda Sabre 1100
04 Triumph Speedmaster , Black with
California Sidecar Friendship II
99 K1200LT, Basalt Gray "DELILAH" (SOLD)
99 R1100RT ,Glacier Green (SOLD
)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in