After reading through all of the HOW using the very handy search engine I found tons of great information. I really did not want to post this because SEARCH and HOW are such wonderful tools.
I upgraded my broken throttle cables this weekend. While removing the fuel tank, my neighbor helped me snap an OEM plastic fuel tank quick disconnect. While waiting for my overnight shipment of my Racer Parts Wholesale Jiffy tite aluminum quick disconnects I researched the Cruise Control issues common to the LT...just in case it doesn't work after re-assembling the tupperware. The cruise was perfect before the throttle cable upgrade.
I found the diagnostic test for the Cruise Control. I know this procedure uses the dash SET light as the reference (Light ON/OFF) In step #2, what is the RESET position? I assume that it is the SET position.
Thanks for your help. BTW, my Jiffy Tites arrived while I was typing this.
From Bill Biel and David Shealey
The following method was first posted by Bill Biel. It should help as a diagnostic as to the nature of the malfunction of the cruise control system. Pay close attention to how quickly the throttle switch is triggered to determine if throttle free play is adequate.
This procedure must be done exactly as follows while you monitor the "SET" light on the instrument cluster:
1) With the ignition switch OFF, switch on the cruise control. Press and hold the cruise control switch to the SET position and switch on the ignition switch (LIGHT).
2) Release the SET button (LIGHT GOES OFF), move the switch to the RESET position (LIGHT).
3) Release the button (LIGHT OFF), switch OFF the cruise control switch (LIGHT).
4) Switch the cruise control switch back on (LIGHT OFF).
5) Rotate the throttle against the throttle stop (LIGHT), release the throttle (LIGHT OFF).
6) Pull the clutch lever (LIGHT), release the clutch lever (LIGHT OFF).
7) Pull the front brake lever (LIGHT), release the lever (LIGHT OFF).
8) Push the foot brake pedal (LIGHT ON), hold for 5 seconds (LIGHT OFF), release foot brake pedal (LIGHT ON).
9) Rotate the rear wheel (LIGHT SHOULD GO OFF/ON).
10) Switch off the ignition.