Baby needed new shoes.. - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old Jun 24th, 2010, 1:16 pm Thread Starter

Baby needed new shoes..

prepping for my annual trip to VA on July 1st, and both bikes needed tires. My wifes VStar 1100 needed a front one, and the K12 needed a rear to replace the one that I had a flat on a week and a half ago, and also the 12k service.

here are some trailer pics
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0007 (Medium).jpg
Views:	118
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	27940   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0008 (Medium).jpg
Views:	121
Size:	222.7 KB
ID:	27941   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0009 (Medium).jpg
Views:	127
Size:	226.8 KB
ID:	27942   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0011 (Medium).jpg
Views:	99
Size:	191.0 KB
ID:	27943   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0012 (Medium).jpg
Views:	106
Size:	209.7 KB
ID:	27944  

Name:	IMAG0014 (Medium).jpg
Views:	115
Size:	230.1 KB
ID:	27945  

Mark Conlogue
MCSE, MCT
CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker)
CBCP

I take Life with a grain of salt......and a slice of lime and a shot of Tequila
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

20 grand & 2K miles don't make you a biker
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I COULD TELL THEY WERE BIKERS,
IT SAID "LIVE TO RIDE" ON THEIR TRAILER
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old Jun 24th, 2010, 1:26 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Thumbs up Re: Baby needed new shoes..

Heck, you don't need tires... you are trailering the bikes!
Enjoy your trip Mark!

Gilles & Kathy
BMWMOA# 154719
IBA# 71594
2011 Ostra Gray RT
06 Mercedes-Benz E350 Estate (parts and people hauler)
2012 BMW X3 (parts and people hauler)
86 Porsche 911 Cabriolet (my "new" baby)

For her I climbed the highest mountain!
For her I swam across the deepest ocean!
For her I walked through the largest desert!
And then she left me... She said I was never home!!!

post #3 of 14 Old Jun 24th, 2010, 1:36 pm Thread Starter

Re: Baby needed new shoes..

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy_gg
Heck, you don't need tires... you are trailering the bikes!
Enjoy your trip Mark!

only trailering the bikes to the BMW dealer (an hour away) cuz it is hard to drive both at the same time.

When we head to VA, My wife will be driving the Avalanche, with her 1100 and my oldest daughters brand new Vstar 650 Silverado on the trailer. (she is taking the MSF course this weekend, and expects to get her license). She will have our daughter in law riding shotgun, plus the puppy. at 8 months, all 90 pounds of him!

My son and I will ride our bikes down to VA. he will be on his VFR.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	51910Fionn (2).jpg
Views:	80
Size:	169.4 KB
ID:	27946   Click image for larger version

Name:	09_VStar1100_Silverado_blac.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	27947  

Mark Conlogue
MCSE, MCT
CBCP

post #4 of 14 Old Jun 24th, 2010, 8:09 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mconlogue
prepping for my annual trip to VA on July 1st, and both bikes needed tires. My wifes VStar 1100 needed a front one, and the K12 needed a rear to replace the one that I had a flat on a week and a half ago, and also the 12k service.

here are some trailer pics

Mark, Is that a 5' x 10' trailer?

Glenn
Virginia Beach VA and Washington DC

2006 K1200LT "Phoenix Helena": Dark Graphite (#946)
2005 K1200LT "Dolly": Dark Graphite (#946) - Totaled July 2011
2002 K1200LT "Helga"-totaled Apr 2009
Iron Butt Membership # 45813

<By Motorcycle>

<By Car or Ship>
post #5 of 14 Old Jun 25th, 2010, 7:56 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennM86
Mark, Is that a 5' x 10' trailer?
that is a 6' x 12' landscape trailer made by Downeast manufacturing here in Maine, but available all across the country.
http://www.downeastermfg.com/landscapesingle.html

mine is the TL612, and works super! I did go for the radial tires, and actually had them balanced. rides very smooth behind my '03 Avalanche.

Mark Conlogue
MCSE, MCT
CBCP

post #6 of 14 Old Jun 25th, 2010, 9:07 am
LAF
Lifetime Supporter

What kind of hound dog is that? He is very cool looking! I like him for sure!!!!!!!!!!

Lee
17.5 R1200 GSW Black Low
15 R1200 RTLC San Marino Blue Metallic (Sold)
10 Liquid Silver FJR1300 (Sold)
O7 Biarritz Blue Metallic LT (Totaled 2010)
ATGATT I am breathing proof.
BMW MOA #135959
post #7 of 14 Old Jun 25th, 2010, 11:28 am

Saw your pic of the bikes on the trailer and I remarked that ....Wow that looks almost like my garage! ive a K1200lte, a vstar 1100 Silverado and an FZR600
post #8 of 14 Old Jun 25th, 2010, 1:40 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAF
What kind of hound dog is that? He is very cool looking! I like him for sure!!!!!!!!!!

That guy is Fionn MacCool, and he is mostly Great Pyrenees, with some Anatolian shepard thrown in for good measure.

The name comes from an old Irish legend of a gentle giant, and this dog is all heart. The breed is a guardian breed, and they use them out in the fields to protect the flock of sheep, goats and cattle. very intelligent, and a decision maker.
The first pic is him at 14 weeks, in January when we rescued him from a kill shelter in Alabama.
the last pic is him staring down a live lobster....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Anatolian Shepherd, Great Pyrenees.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	27959   Click image for larger version

Name:	51910Fionn (3).jpg
Views:	71
Size:	175.4 KB
ID:	27960   Click image for larger version

Name:	PC200011 [800x600].jpg
Views:	218
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	27961  

Mark Conlogue
MCSE, MCT
CBCP

post #9 of 14 Old Jun 25th, 2010, 3:05 pm

Talking Re: Baby needed new shoes..

Quote:
That guy is Fionn MacCool, and he is mostly Great Pyrenees, with some Anatolian shepard thrown in for good measure.

The name comes from an old Irish legend of a gentle giant, and this dog is all heart. The breed is a guardian breed, and they use them out in the fields to protect the flock of sheep, goats and cattle. very intelligent, and a decision maker.
The first pic is him at 14 weeks, in January when we rescued him from a kill shelter in Alabama.

He doesn't seem impressed by the lobster. Maybe the pup knows that the yellow bands are protecting him...

Glenn
Virginia Beach VA and Washington DC

2006 K1200LT "Phoenix Helena": Dark Graphite (#946)
2005 K1200LT "Dolly": Dark Graphite (#946) - Totaled July 2011
2002 K1200LT "Helga"-totaled Apr 2009
Iron Butt Membership # 45813

<By Motorcycle>

<By Car or Ship>
post #10 of 14 Old Jun 25th, 2010, 4:14 pm
LAF
Lifetime Supporter

Thank you for splaining the breed to me. All I know is he is very cool looking and I love his face. Nice of you to rescue also!!!!!!!

Sorry for the thread jack.............. well not really, I really wanted to know what kind of hound he was

Ohhh and you know that other part thrown in you mentioned, well they can go 150 lbs, and do not mature fully until 4 years old? That hound could get way big

Lee
17.5 R1200 GSW Black Low
15 R1200 RTLC San Marino Blue Metallic (Sold)
10 Liquid Silver FJR1300 (Sold)
O7 Biarritz Blue Metallic LT (Totaled 2010)
ATGATT I am breathing proof.
BMW MOA #135959

Last edited by LAF; Jun 25th, 2010 at 7:31 pm.
post #11 of 14 Old Jun 25th, 2010, 6:29 pm

Poor lobster is at a distinct disadvantage .... He retains his boxing gloves but cant use em .... Sure mr crayfish is saying to self I will take his eyes out with my antenna, Crap they disabled those too !! and this is not going to end well

"00" Canyon Red LTI ~ Well Farklized ~ Bug Splattered
Our "semi" quiet riot
*** Trailer Too ***

T
wisties Required

post #12 of 14 Old Jun 25th, 2010, 7:13 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumbum
Saw your pic of the bikes on the trailer and I remarked that ....Wow that looks almost like my garage! ive a K1200lte, a vstar 1100 Silverado and an FZR600
huh, well my Meghan who lives in NY drives a 2007 Yamaha YZF600R, with 11k on it. she bought it brand new the same day that my wife bought her 1100 custom Raven.

twin sons!

Mark Conlogue
MCSE, MCT
CBCP

post #13 of 14 Old Jun 25th, 2010, 7:44 pm Thread Starter

Quote:

THE LEGEND OF FIONN MAC COOL
Artwork and story research by Alan Bergin,
Coolderry National School, County Offaly, Ireland.

Fionn MacCool, was no ordinary giant. He was the biggest and the strongest giant in all Ireland. His voice could be heard for miles around. He was so strong that he could lift a hundred men in one of his enormous hands. Fionn lived with his wife in the hills of County Antrim. Fionn's wife was called Oonagh.
One day a messenger came to Fionn's castle. He had come all the way from Scotland with news for Fionn. The messenger told Fionn that a Scottish giant called Angus wanted to fight him. Angus wanted to show that he was stronger than any giant in Ireland. Fionn had never seen Angus before, but he knew that he was the biggest giant in Scotland. Fionn was not afraid.
The next day, Fionn began to build a path across the sea to Scotland. This path was called the causeway. It was made of thousands of rocks. Fionn built many miles of the causeway with his great hands. When Angus heard about Fionn's causeway, he decided to build the Scottish end of the causeway himself. For weeks the two giants worked hard at building the causeway.
One morning Fionn was in the forest near his castle. He saw his wife coming towards him. He ran over to her.
She said to him, "I have heard that Angus is the biggest and the strongest giant in all the world. He is twice as big as you and twice as strong!" Fionn was very worried. "I cannot fight a giant that is twice my size!"
As the sun was setting, he heard a knock on the door. It was the messenger. "Angus wants to fight you tomorrow at sunrise," he told Fionn.
"Yes, of course," replied Fionn.
He went into his bedroom when the messenger left. He took the blankets off the bed. Fionn and Oonagh worked through the night. They cut the blankets and made giant baby clothes. Fionn put on the baby clothes and got into the giant cradle.
At sunrise the next morning, Oonagh heard a knock on the door. It was Angus. Angus asked Oonagh was Fionn there. Oonagh told him that he was gone for a walk and that he would be back soon. She invited him in. It was not long before Angus heard a cry. He asked whom it was, pointing to the cradle. Oonagh said, "That's young Fionn, our baby.
Angus thought that if this is the size of their baby, how big could Fionn be. Then he ran out of the castle as fast as he could. He ran across the causeway and did not stop until he reached his country. He was afraid that Fionn might follow him.
Today, if you go to County Antrim, you can still see a small piece of the causeway. It is called the Giant's Causeway, because it was built by Fionn Mac Cool, the most famous giant in the history of Ireland.

Mark Conlogue
MCSE, MCT
CBCP

post #14 of 14 Old Jun 25th, 2010, 7:46 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAF
Thank you for splaining the breed to me. All I know is he is very cool looking and I love his face. Nice of you to rescue also!!!!!!!

Sorry for the thread jack.............. well not really, I really wanted to know what kind of hound he was

Ohhh and you know that other part thrown in you mentioned, well they can go 150 lbs, and do not mature fully until 4 years old? That hound could get way big

oh, I know!!

my wife calls him her "designer dog..."

here is the rescue site:
http://pyrsandpaws.org

Lonestar Pyrs and Paws - North

Mark Conlogue
MCSE, MCT
CBCP

Last edited by mconlogue; Jun 25th, 2010 at 8:01 pm.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in