Originally Posted by AlaskaFish
Make him an offer Hoss! You won't regret having the parts around as long as you have somewhere to store them. Plus there will be plenty of customers looking for these parts in the future.
From one who took the plunge years ago and does not regret it one bit,
I'm setting him up to "gift" it to me....
That said, I am not looking to take from the kid but I think I may come out ahead in this deal anyhow. Add that I should be able to help some of us out and get him some pocket money. He stated that he at one point could turn the key on and everything worked, radio lights, etc. but due to no alarm fob, could not start it, add that the dealer wanted $5 bills just to look at it he gave up “the dream” did I mention this was a 20 something year old kid on an LT? Anyone else think that is odd?
I've gotten 5 PM's already so from memory...
· '01 teal green LT, w/ 30K on the odometer.
· Front-end damage (broken front tree) only sign of damage besides a few scratched on the Tupperware. I did not inspect everything because as I said it was in 10,000,000 pcs, all over the garage.
· Lower Tupperware and upper are new(er) purchased after the bike was smashed up, Looks fine.
· Stingray is intact, a little overspray from something that evidently comes off because the kid buffed out the oddment cover.
· No comsystem, but still has the tape player and CD.
· RDU looked in good shape
· Bar covers looked complete and damage free
· Speedo/tach cluster good
· Front speaker surround (black plastic) broken
· Front speakers still in pods, I assume they are good
· Bars are off the bike; I think he said he sold the start button, not sure about the grips.
· Did not see the dash, but saw the wind wings and front turn signals
· Did not see a front fender
· Rims and tires sold to ME!!!!
· Steering dampener still on bike
· OEM manual center/side stand.
· Gear box
· Final Drive
· Brake calipers front & back
· Stock windscreen w/ chrome covers
· Windscreen adjuster
· Bags are pretty torn up paint wise (one of them I’d think)
· Top case has a rip in one of the speaker covers
· OEM top case brake light
· Stock seats
I think I covered everything!
As for the set up when I was at the house today, Mom came out hovering around listening to us talk, After warming up she and I were talking and it seems that Josh "the kid" told his parents that he was going to use the garage for a weekend to fix the bike. Well its been 2 months now and mom is pissed (laundry room is in the garage) 9 kids in the house. I just purchased the rims and tires. Now they can't move the darn thing. Put a bug in his ear already....Waiting patiently I am....