BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Just hanging out here

697 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  fpmlt 
#1 ·
Goldwing rider here who sold his wing. I'm very intrigued by the upcoming 1600LT? BMW. Seems like a dumb thing to buy new, either wing or bmw as they both drop book values quite a bit right away, but I need a new touring machine one of these days.
Some things I like about the BMW and some things I like about the Honda. One problem I have with the BMW is that there are no dealers in this area. I'd be spending a lot of time learning to do my own maintenance. I'm already familiar with the wing's 6 and get around that one pretty well.
You might see me lurking to see about any news on the 1600LT or whatever they are going to call it. Don't shoot me.

Bob
Bismarck, ND

#2 ·
Hey Bob. I have to think that if you learned your way around a wing, learning the LT shouldn't be too difficult. And besides, NO ONE knows their way around a K 1600, assuming that there will be one.
I live 130 miles from the closest BMW dealer, so that really isn't too big a deal. And I too would have considered a new 1600 (again, assuming there will be one) had I not just put new shocks, seats, clutch, seals and final drive on mine. If I were to go the 1600 route, I'd likely buy an extended warranty, just in case.

Oh yea - INCOMING _ _ _ _ DUCK!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.