So far, so good and I am falling in love with my new (used) bike...
I gave her a name, "Serenity", replacing my long time ride, Priscilla.
OK, first, the likes and dislikes before I can ask questions...
- It's a BMW K1200LTe, nuff said. Actually, love the comments on it.
- The MPG and seeing it in real time, very cool, as well as the range it can go per tank.
- The gadgets, buttons and electric windshield (it's practical too).
- The smooth shifting and not the "CLUNK" I use to have on my old ride.
- Heated Seats and Handgrips - Learned a lesson last October riding through the desert on a Goldwing, thank God I had them then too!
- The stereo has 8 speakers but a little underpowered
- The stock sidestand seems short and it's not as forgiving to park in less than ideal areas.
- The center stand is too easy to put the bike up on and just as easy to roll forward and fall over as a result. I read threads in here of people who have had that happen to and I just experienced it while parking in a field, on grass, where it sunk in and didn't clear enough to be in proper position.
- The stock seat. I know what they were going for here, but the lumbar seems low and the inner leg padding could have been a bit thicker, holding one in like a saddle.
- The highbeam - It doesn't seem that bright at all.
- Buzziness around 100mph. My old bike pulled to 130 before there was nary a shake.
- The windshield - good at 2/3 to max. raised position, not as much cover as my old.
- SQUEAKY rear brake... like nails on a chalkboard...
So, I'm not bitchin' and moanin' here, just comparing to what I am use to.
My questions are this...
- Can the stereo be upgraded, speakers changed or amplified?
- What recommendations on windshield? I am thinking Cee Bailey +2" (I'm 6', 31-32" inseam)
- Seat enhancements - Change it out (Corbin, Russell) or get a pad (Airhawk, beads)?
- Side stand - I don't plan on changing out the rear shock, but I was thinking of getting another side stand that I can cut (1/2 - 1") and keep the original, in case I ever do.
- Center stand - Would it pay to upgrade to a newer, motorized one from the next generation of bikes or just live with it?
- Buzziness - Normal, in need of tune up or pre-cursor to a drive shaft or some other component which might fail in the near future? I did put Grip Puppies on for comfort and covering splits in the original rubber grips.
- Replace brake pad, rotor or both? I was thinking EBC sintered pads first remedy.
I truly thank you in advance!!!