Any suggestions for where to pick up..... - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old May 3rd, 2010, 3:21 am Thread Starter

Any suggestions for where to pick up.....

a connection to the high beam circuit? The left side lighting upgrade is complete and looking gorgeous. All tupperware in place, both ancillary lights mounted and adjusted roughly for aim. Started in on the right side, lower fairing screwed in place and went to put on the upper fairing and realized I hadn't installed the solenoid trigger wire to the high beam circuit for the Hella drivers. I don't want to take the left side back apart if I don't have to. It is a pretty good puzzle putting it together with the new lights in place. Waaaaah!!!

The Clymers says the high beam wire is white but when looking in from the right side the wire isn't obvious. Could I remove the headlight bucket thing (the one with the wire bail holding it in place) in the back to make the reach to the high beam easier?

I would probably rather take the dash apart and use the white wire going to the high beam indicator light if I have to take something apart. At least then I could replace the white dash lights with red ones.

BTW, the Hella light install and location is superb! I took pictures and will post when project finally complete. Very close tolerances and looks nearly factory instead of an add on. It was just plain dumb luck! I'm not nearly smart enough to plan it that well!

Thanks,

Loren

WAK1200LT
Loren

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old May 3rd, 2010, 4:48 pm

Re: Any suggestions for where to pick up.....

remove the headlight bucket thing (the one with the wire bail holding it in place) in the back to make the reach to the high beam easier

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa1200lt
a connection to the high beam circuit? The left side lighting upgrade is complete and looking gorgeous. All tupperware in place, both ancillary lights mounted and adjusted roughly for aim. Started in on the right side, lower fairing screwed in place and went to put on the upper fairing and realized I hadn't installed the solenoid trigger wire to the high beam circuit for the Hella drivers. I don't want to take the left side back apart if I don't have to. It is a pretty good puzzle putting it together with the new lights in place. Waaaaah!!!

The Clymers says the high beam wire is white but when looking in from the right side the wire isn't obvious. Could I remove the headlight bucket thing (the one with the wire bail holding it in place) in the back to make the reach to the high beam easier?

I would probably rather take the dash apart and use the white wire going to the high beam indicator light if I have to take something apart. At least then I could replace the white dash lights with red ones.

BTW, the Hella light install and location is superb! I took pictures and will post when project finally complete. Very close tolerances and looks nearly factory instead of an add on. It was just plain dumb luck! I'm not nearly smart enough to plan it that well!

Thanks,

Loren

Matt Kas

13 Triumph Trophy SE Lunar Silver
12 Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive Pearl White

Laguna Niguel, Southern California (South Orange County)
"Riding Year around"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old May 3rd, 2010, 7:07 pm Thread Starter

Re: Any suggestions for where to pick up.....

Thanks Matt! I got up at 7:30 this morning, went downstairs and did just that. I think I'd spent too many hours on the project and the stupid trees kept getting in the way of my view of the forest.

To give you an idea how tired I was I remember getting this sinking feeling that because the light was mounted under the wing it was in danger of being dragged in the corners . I'm still not sure how I could pull that one off! Foot pegs (they are lowered) yeah! But she'd have to be on her side to drag that light.

Like I said, too many hours of fun in one session.

Thanks again Matt.

BTW All lights work as planned. Looks really nice. And bright!

Loren

WAK1200LT
Loren

Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in