Rough Start (video)!! I need HELP...please!! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 47 Old Apr 18th, 2010, 3:35 pm Thread Starter

Rough Start (video)!! I need HELP...please!!

I'm getting ready to take a four day ride through the hills of Arkansas this next weekend and have found myself wanting of expertise in helping me get Belle purring again!

Background: I completed a 12/24K service (to include new Bosch spark plugs, fluids, fuel & oil filters, new o-rings, etc), replaced the main seal, slave cylinder, seals, and all the fluids on 13-15 March. After I completed this effort, my bike wouldn't start on the first kick like it used to ....I'm linking to a video of how it sounds for a cold start and am asking for some forum analysis!

Rough Cold Start Video

I use the Clymer's manual and the BMW Repair Manual CD and have checked all electrical connections, reset the Motronic unit, pulled out the fuel filter to check to make sure the hose is properly connected and not split (this was the recommendation by the Lone Star BMW Tech), sprayed carb cleaner around the air intakes with no evidence of a change in RPM.......I am at a loss of what to look for! I do notice the idle is =/< 1,000 RPM and when I roll the throttle on when it's still cold, it sputters a little....perhaps because I'm using a little throttle to get it started.

After the bike warms up, it runs fine.....its this cold start (everytime) that is bothersome and I don't want to cause any harm to the system or bike.

Is there anyone out there that might have had this problem and resolved it? Would the MoDiTec diagnostics help the idle, start, or zero in on the problem? The Clymer's manual says to take it in to the stealer as part of the annual service.....I guess I may have to take it in to LS BMW to do the MoDiTec (at $42.50 just for the check).....but if its something simple that someone knows about, I'd rather do it myself.

Thanks to anyone who will help me get Belle purring again!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

There are two kinds of motorcyclists.....those that ride BMWs....and those that wish they did!

Later,
BlauBeeMr
1999 Basalt Grau K1200LT

2004 Desert Tan M2A3 (Jul 2005 - Apr 2008)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 Old Apr 18th, 2010, 3:42 pm
Wrencher Extraordinaire

Re: Rough Start (video)!! I need HELP...please!!

If you disconnected the fuel rail and throttle bodies for the tranny removal double check that all the fuel injector connectors are all fully seated and locked ( I had one loose but it worked until I hit 3,500 RPM). And they they are the correct connectors. Some times the vent connector is put on inplace of a fuel injector connector since it looks the same. In view of what you just did my guess is something didn't go back together right, you just need to find it.

John
2009 K1300GT Red Rocket
2009 R1200GS (Gone)
2005 K1200LT Ocean Blue Blue Wizard 110 K and counting...
2006 Bushtec Turbo+2 Spell
2004 330 Ci Convertable
K4AN

Have ridden a Motorcycle in all 48
But lack DE, MA, RI and CT with the 2005 LT

post #3 of 47 Old Apr 18th, 2010, 5:47 pm Thread Starter

jzeiler, I don't think we touched those, but one may have come loose when we tilted the engine down to pull the transmission. I'll do another check and see if I can find this perverbial "needle in a haystack!" Thanks!

There are two kinds of motorcyclists.....those that ride BMWs....and those that wish they did!

Later,
BlauBeeMr
1999 Basalt Grau K1200LT

post #4 of 47 Old Apr 18th, 2010, 7:11 pm

Are the plug wires on the right plug? I had similar rough start last year & I had mixed 3 & 4!

BIGHOPPER (Phil)
BGB 602
2016 R1200RT LC Purchase March
2003 R1150GSA Black Beast (purchased Nov 2011- 32,372klms)
2006 K1200LT Grey
(Purchased 2008, 7,350 mls) Trade in on 2016 RT at 80,600miles
1975 Norton John Player Replica (Sold When I got Married)
1973 Norton Interstate
1965 Atlas 750
1971 Triumph Trail Blazer(Rode from London to Sydney Aust, no maps for that)

post #5 of 47 Old Apr 18th, 2010, 8:50 pm Thread Starter

Good call....I'll check those too! We did those as part of the Tech Session....and they were the only things I did not personally touch.....I was busy mating the final drive to the drive shaft at the time! Thank you!

Later,
BlauBeeMr
1999 Basalt Grau K1200LT

post #6 of 47 Old Apr 18th, 2010, 8:54 pm

Cool Re: Rough Start (video)!! I need HELP...please!!

I know I may sound like a broken record on this, but if you have a "hunting idle" situation (and it looked like it was after you finally got it running) it is often a vacuum leak. And there are at least 4 of those hoses down on the Throttle bodies, any one of which could have slipped off when the engine was lowered for your Tranny removal. You can see them all with a good flashlight, but the left fairing will need to come back off first.

Good Luck!

John

John & Marilyn Fisher
'00 K1200LTC "Katie"
'95 Triumph "Tigger"
'12 Triumph 800XC "Tigger II" (RIP)
'12 Triumph 1200 Explorer "Shadow Tigger"
Hillsboro, Oregon

Last edited by AlaskaFish; Apr 19th, 2010 at 1:50 am.
post #7 of 47 Old Apr 18th, 2010, 9:03 pm Thread Starter

I sprayed a good amount of carb cleaner around each of the air intakes with no change in the RPM.....would any change in RPMs indicated a vacuum leak?

Later,
BlauBeeMr
1999 Basalt Grau K1200LT

post #8 of 47 Old Apr 18th, 2010, 9:51 pm

I'd check the coolant temp sensor connections. On a cold start the temperature is used to set air/fuel mixture until the O2 sensor warms up and the closed loop control takes over.

2000 K1200LT - 94,000 mi. (49,000 mine since July 4th weekend, 2009)
BMW MOA 151654
post #9 of 47 Old Apr 18th, 2010, 10:00 pm

Check each plug for spark, it sounds like its missing???

Just Go

Mike
Cleveland Ohio
2019 K1600b Grand America, Blue Max.
post #10 of 47 Old Apr 18th, 2010, 10:38 pm Thread Starter

Just back in from the garage..... sensors are connected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcoolbaugh
I'd check the coolant temp sensor connections. On a cold start the temperature is used to set air/fuel mixture until the O2 sensor warms up and the closed loop control takes over.
I wish Autozone had a MoDiTec unit! I may have to wait until Tuesday morning when LS BMW opens up so I can get Belle in for a diagnosis and spend $42.50.

I just pulled each spark plug (all appear to be firing....color looks good (IAW pages 69-71 of the Clymer's manual)), checked the caps (no water or moisture), routing is correct, checked the exhaust ports to pipes and made sure each are torqued correctly......ARRRRRGH!

Later,
BlauBeeMr
1999 Basalt Grau K1200LT

post #11 of 47 Old Apr 19th, 2010, 11:46 am

Check the connector that goes into the coil. It's the one that has a spring on it you have to push in while pulling on the connector.

I had a similar problem. Took it to BMW in San Antonio. They put it on the computer and said I had a bad coil. Lucky for me, they did not have one in stock or I would have bought it.

I had another engine at home so I swapped coils and same problem. hmmmm...

Then I pulled the connector back off and looked INSIDE the connector. One of the female sockets had slipped back inside the connector and was not making good contact. I pushed it back in, reconnected, problem solved.

2000 K1200LT (hybrid)
post #12 of 47 Old Apr 19th, 2010, 12:23 pm Thread Starter

I'll check that tonight! This will either solve the problem or narrow down what LS BMW has to troubleshoot given all the items I've checked! Thanks!

Anyone else had (and resolved) this problem?

Later,
BlauBeeMr
1999 Basalt Grau K1200LT

post #13 of 47 Old Apr 19th, 2010, 1:07 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlauBeeMr
I'll check that tonight! This will either solve the problem or narrow down what LS BMW has to troubleshoot given all the items I've checked! Thanks!

Anyone else had (and resolved) this problem?
I am sure this isn't it, but with all the work you did I assume the battery was disconnected... did you remember to reset the TPS after reconnecting the battery?

Live Slow... Fly Fast

Check out our
blog that chronicled our trip to Alaska and back.

<- The Boy
The Toys

2001 K1200LT-C that's been to the Alaskan Arctic Circle and back
2008 VRSCAWA H-D V-Rod with a few goodies
2005 VRSCA H-D V-Rod
1981 Mooney M20J

post #14 of 47 Old Apr 19th, 2010, 1:17 pm
Wrencher Extraordinaire

Quote:
I sprayed a good amount of carb cleaner around each of the air intakes with no change in the RPM.....would any change in RPMs indicated a vacuum leak?
Only if you got lucky and actually hit the leak witrh the spray. Lots of good suggestions. Any one close to you with a GS-911 unit? Save you a trip to the dealer.

John
2009 K1300GT Red Rocket
2009 R1200GS (Gone)
2004 330 Ci Convertable
K4AN

post #15 of 47 Old Apr 19th, 2010, 1:23 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzeiler
Only if you got lucky and actually hit the leak witrh the spray. Lots of good suggestions. Any one close to you with a GS-911 unit? Save you a trip to the dealer.
That'd be great if someone had one of these in the Central Texas area!!!! Anyone out there have one???

Later,
BlauBeeMr
1999 Basalt Grau K1200LT

post #16 of 47 Old Apr 19th, 2010, 1:32 pm
Wrencher Extraordinaire

From the sticky in "bike talk" section on registry of GS-911 owners;

...DEKESBMWTOY, Saline MI
deputy5211, Dallas, TX
dfinazzo, Cincinnati, OH
Dpancerz, Garland, TX
grifscoots, New Braunfels, TX
Ihilsa, Reno, NV
Jaskjb, Rochester, MN...

John
2009 K1300GT Red Rocket
2009 R1200GS (Gone)
2004 330 Ci Convertable
K4AN

post #17 of 47 Old Apr 19th, 2010, 3:03 pm Thread Starter

Thanks! I'll see if Grif can help!

Later,
BlauBeeMr
1999 Basalt Grau K1200LT

post #18 of 47 Old Apr 19th, 2010, 3:38 pm

You didn't by chance disconnect the 02 sensor did you? From the looks and sounds of it the bike is having a mixture problem

The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.

09 K1200 LT
Project LT:

Future plans

University Place, WA
Riding since 1969
post #19 of 47 Old Apr 19th, 2010, 5:48 pm

I replaced the throttle cables a few months back and when I had everything back together, it ran like crap.....sounded like yours........pulled the left side and found that I had ACCIDENTLY swapped one of the fuel injector connectors with an identical connector that goes to something like a vacuum connector just above everything...........changed them out and all was well. Best of luck to you.

Patterson/USAF1....'05 LT
and the little guy behind me is the world famous "Marty Hill"
Never look into a lazer with the remaining eye
363K on BMW's
post #20 of 47 Old Apr 19th, 2010, 8:13 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kra961
You didn't by chance disconnect the 02 sensor did you? From the looks and sounds of it the bike is having a mixture problem
I do believe we disconnected the O2 sensor when we took off the exhaust and the color indicated everything was in normal operating conditions. Is there a way to check it while installed or will I have to strip the plastic & footrest to pull it once again? (pgs 255-256 in the Clymer's Manual (CM) gives indicators for too rich in fuel/oil mix (black & sooty), too much oil consumption (dark brown), and head gasket leak allowing antifreeze into the combustion chamber (white deposits)

Is this something the MoDiTec would pick up and diagnose for trouble? (pgs 600-601 in the CM indicate the O2 sensor is part of the motronic inputs/outputs.) Unless grifscoots sees my PM and calls, I may resort to taking it to the experts at Lone Star BMW tomorrow....HOPEFULLY its something simple to fix....but it probably won't be!! I gotta get this functioning before Thursday evening.....I'm taking a four day trip through Arkansas starting this Friday!

I rode it 132 miles today with no problem after she warmed up a little (1 minute or so)....once the bike is warm, it starts up and runs fine.....its just when she's cold........she is a LOT grumpy!

THIS IS KILLING ME!!

Later,
BlauBeeMr
1999 Basalt Grau K1200LT

post #21 of 47 Old Apr 19th, 2010, 8:47 pm

Too bad you're not in MA, I have a GS-911 here. I'd guess it's not the O2 sensor. It doesn't get used until the bike is warmed up and yours is running fine once it is warm. Most systems read the temperature and use a lookup table to set the air/fuel until the engine is warm and the O2 sensor starts pulsing. If you can get a GS-911 it would quickly tell you if the temp sensor and O2 sensor were working properly.

BMW MOA 151654
post #22 of 47 Old Apr 20th, 2010, 12:03 am

Well, Kenny, Seems to me there could be a problem with the "IAC"... I would try to remove and/or reseat the connection"

Also, does the Outdoor Air (ambient) temp gauge give you any indication of the actual temp ?

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

post #23 of 47 Old Apr 20th, 2010, 12:12 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfell
Well, Kenny, Seems to me there could be a problem with the "IAC"... I would try to remove and/or reseat the connection" Are you saying I'm the "weak link?" What's an IAC?

Also, does the Outdoor Air (ambient) temp gauge give you any indication of the actual temp ? I checked this today.....temp is matching (+/- 1 degree) the bank bilboards and radio quoted temps.
No joy on anyone here in the CenTex area that has a GS-911 DT.....I really wanted to figure this out myself with the help of folks on the forum, but......time is getting the best of me here!

Looks like I may have to drop the bike off at LS early in the AM (~0730) and see if I can get it in as a standby in the bike ER!! This'll make for a 0615 departure from home!

Later,
BlauBeeMr
1999 Basalt Grau K1200LT

post #24 of 47 Old Apr 20th, 2010, 2:41 pm Thread Starter

Just got off the phone with Eric at Lonestar BMW....the MoDiTec indicated the water ($22.74) and engine temp ($82) sensors "went bad."

Do these things really just "go bad" like that? My engine temp is working on the instrument panel and don't go high enough to kick on the radiator (until it warms up a little more here in Tx!).

Anyone else had the same with these two sensors? Is there a way to test these things with a multimeter before I buy one and it winds up not being the problem....or do I throw myself at the mercy of the MoDiTec court and pay my dues in parts?

Later,
BlauBeeMr
1999 Basalt Grau K1200LT

post #25 of 47 Old Apr 20th, 2010, 2:54 pm
Lifetime Supporter

I have no experience in this area, Kenny, but is it possible that it is related to the Fan that ran all the time? Seems unlikely that both sensors would go bad at the same time. MoDiTec could be being fooled by a high resistance connection due to pin backing out not all the way snapped together, etc. I'm just thinking out loud... good luck.

Benny C. (Central Texas)
2001 LTC Pacific Blue (Babe...the blue ox)
1986 Kawasaki Concours (Connie) sold
post #26 of 47 Old Apr 20th, 2010, 3:01 pm

Seeing that you had the bike all apart I would assume that you had something wrong with the wiring before I bought two sensors. Because the computer says the two sensors are bad it must not be getting what it thinks is a abnormal response.

I would find the sensors and make sure that I did not pinch a wire or harness on any wire leading from the sensors in question. If the sensors were close I would make sure they were connected to the correct wire..

Jack D. (Southern Connecticut)
2001 Black LTC
2015 Blue R1200GSA
post #27 of 47 Old Apr 20th, 2010, 5:40 pm

Kenny.. I can't imagine we "did" something to cause this. I'll wager that these were "borderline" and perhaps one already failed prior to the work... but this comes down to stripping and tracing the leads...."to be sure".

If the Moronic is pointing to the sensors, then LS will stand behind that fix...

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

post #28 of 47 Old Apr 20th, 2010, 8:28 pm

When I had the 600 mile service done at Bob's BMW a well respected shop, many years ago. I got the bike back and the reverse would not work. I figured that they just forgot to reconnect a wire. I returned the bike to Bob's. They had the bike for two days, then told me it was the main computer module and they would have to special order it for overnight delivery. I said, hold on, it seems to me that it must be just a disconnected wire. They went back to the bike, 5 minutes later I was riding home with a fixed bike, no new computer module needed. Two days and input from the owner and all that was needed was to have a wire reconnected. Just a thought.

Howard Dusenbery 2000 K1200LTC
post #29 of 47 Old Apr 20th, 2010, 8:39 pm

Just listening to it at first my thought is ignition or fuel, leaning towards fuel. Watching it idle I am more convinced it is fuel related. If it runs smooth at higher throttle, I would be further convinced it was fuel related. If it was anything else, I would think a higher throttle would further magnify the problem, not make it go away. .02

Ghaison (Jason)
99 K1200RS Silver and Blue (Sold!)
2004 K1200LT FOR SALE!!!
Bluefield, VA
Sometimes you can get so fixated on the fact that you are right that you lose sight of the reality that it doesn't matter.
-some guy named Ghaison circa 2002

post #30 of 47 Old Apr 20th, 2010, 10:24 pm

I can't imagine it being a bad temp sensor.

I don't always trust the moditec. Remember the San Antonio BMW stealership told me I needed a new coil. Turns out the connector to the coil was not connecting...

I'm still leaning towards a vacuum leak.

2000 K1200LT (hybrid)
post #31 of 47 Old Apr 21st, 2010, 12:17 pm
Wrencher Extraordinaire

Quote:
Just got off the phone with Eric at Lonestar BMW....the MoDiTec indicated the water ($22.74) and engine temp ($82) sensors "went bad."

Do these things really just "go bad" like that? My engine temp is working on the instrument panel and don't go high enough to kick on the radiator (until it warms up a little more here in Tx!).

Anyone else had the same with these two sensors? Is there a way to test these things with a multimeter before I buy one and it winds up not being the problem....or do I throw myself at the mercy of the MoDiTec court and pay my dues in parts?
Only one of them "talks" to the ECU and that is the one at the rear of the cylinder head. I would check to make sure that connector is fully seated and locked.

John
2009 K1300GT Red Rocket
2009 R1200GS (Gone)
2004 330 Ci Convertable
K4AN

post #32 of 47 Old Apr 21st, 2010, 3:30 pm Thread Starter

Update:
Got back from LS BMW yesterday after they connected the MoDiTec and told me it was the sensors....here's the rest of the story.....According to the MoDiTec print out, it wasn't indicating the sensors were bad....it says...."open circuit or short circuit to battery positive" for both sensors. I sure wish I had a GS-911 diagnostics tool!

On the way home, as I turned the corner to my house, my brakes felt very "sqooshy." As I got off the bike (turned it off), to put it in the garage, i looked under the front fairing and saw the leak coming from the brake line leading from the handlebar.
I turned the ignition on.....and then noticed my newly installed low beam didn't work!
Needless to say, I called the guy I was going to Arkansas with and told him I had to bail for multiple mechanical failures.

I ordered Spiegler brake lines, all new pads, and speed bleeders today.....glad the front brake line didn't fail on a twisty up in the Arkansas hills (that I won't be riding through this weekend now)! I called DDM and tell them I had my H7 light go out and left a message asking for a call back (their customer service voicemail box is "full"). I'm looking to see if they'll send me a replacement light and I'll ship this one back once received. Although, the light now works for some reason!

I stripped Belle last night, checked to ensure the two temp sensors were connected properly and ........ no change to the problem with the cold start. So, basically, for $42.50 I didn't get a fix. According to the print out, the test only took seven minutes....that's $6 a minute!! Wow!!

My plan is to not redress Belle until I've resolved this starting problem.

Next Step(s):
I will use the Clymer manual as my main source for troubleshooting. My next check is to put an in-line spark plug tester (purchased on Monday at Harbor Freight) and check to see if its an ignition or fuel thing. The next move is to remove the fuel tank and air box and check (and clean while I'm in there) the fuel rail, intakes, injectors, and connections. Then I'll make sure all my Motronic connections are good to go (connected properly). I may take my rotors (and maybe calipers) off and clean them off real well. Once the Spiegler lines come in, I'll install those and the new brake pads (I think some fluid got on the front pads, hence the new ones.

If all this fails, I may wind up setting up another service appt at LS and taking the bike (stripped to save labor costs) back for troubleshooting and repair.

Sorry for being so long winded.....I'm at my wits end on this thing! On the bright side though, once complete, I'll know tons more about this bike and practically have a bike with all problems resolved and mechanically sound!

Later,
BlauBeeMr
1999 Basalt Grau K1200LT

post #33 of 47 Old Apr 21st, 2010, 3:46 pm

Did you have to disconnect a ground to the engine during your work?

BMW MOA 151654
post #34 of 47 Old Apr 21st, 2010, 8:30 pm
Wrencher Extraordinaire

There is a common wire to both the air box and temp sensor and also the TPS. It is a Brown/Yellow wire and the signal name is G- (not sure what that means) fed to that wire from the motronic. Thereis a tie point where they all come together. I would check that wire on each sensor for 12 V or maybe 5V as a starting point.

I would go tear into mine and measure but I am under way to Killington, VT tomorrow at O dark thirty and won't be back on line until Friday evening.

John
2009 K1300GT Red Rocket
2009 R1200GS (Gone)
2004 330 Ci Convertable
K4AN

post #35 of 47 Old May 7th, 2010, 11:42 am Thread Starter

Update.....

I gave up on all the troubleshooting....I did everything recommended below, referenced multiple things in the Clymer's manual, and even sprinkled some magic dust over the bike....all to no avail.

So now, here I sit at the mercy of the dealer....typing away as the clock ticks away....every minute that passes is costing me $1.42....they've been working on Belle since 8 AM.....thats $233 (estimated labor only) so far.....CRAP!

More to follow when she's back to life.......

Later,
BlauBeeMr
1999 Basalt Grau K1200LT

post #36 of 47 Old May 7th, 2010, 2:25 pm
Wrencher Extraordinaire

We are all waiting to hear the final verdict on this problem. Hope it doesn't cost you and arm and a leg.

John
2009 K1300GT Red Rocket
2009 R1200GS (Gone)
2004 330 Ci Convertable
K4AN

post #37 of 47 Old May 8th, 2010, 12:13 am

Your bike sounds exactly like it is running on about 3 cylinders when cold. I would pull the belly plan and use the old "spit on the fingers" test to see if all the exhaust headers are hot when you first get the bike to crank.

Here's how: Take off the belly pan so you can see the where the headers exit the cylinder head. With the bike COLD, crank it and let it run just a few seconds. Put a LOT of spit on the tips of your fingers and very quickly "swipe" the headers with that spit. The cylinders that are running properly will immediatly "sizle" and the spit will evaporate -- the cold one (the one that's running bad or not at all) will not really sizzle cause it will be a quite a bit colder. Oldest trick in the book to determine if a particular cylinder is causing problems.

If you find that one is running cold (and I'm betting it's #4), then you probably have a vacuum leak where the Throttle Housing Assembly fits onto the cylinder head intakes, caused by lifting the rear of the bike to separate the frame from the engine. It is not always readily visible that one of the rubber boots is off, but it DOES happen...trust me.

And yes...I did have one running just like that (Dan Brown's bike) and it just about drove me CRAZY until I REALLY checked those and corrected the problem. Hoep this helps...please let us know.

Jack Homesley
Cornelius, NC USA
'06 Goldwing - "The Black Pearl"
Too many others to list...

GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #38 of 47 Old May 8th, 2010, 12:15 am

Just watched your video again... That's a 3 cylinder BMW if I've ever heard one.

Jack Homesley
Cornelius, NC USA

post #39 of 47 Old May 8th, 2010, 1:10 am Thread Starter

Pastor,
Thanks for the note! I dropped the bike off with the dealer this morning and the lead tech worked on it all day.....I had to do a speaking engagement all afternoon and wasn't able to get back. They stated they'll call me in the morning, when they do I'll mention your suggestion below.

How did you fix the bike you found the similar problem on? I sprayed starter fluid all over the throttle bodies last night....no change in RPMs....would that have been an indicator if the intake was allowing air to enter? I almost took the fuel rail and throttle bodies off....but figured that exceeded my abilities the night before I took it to the dealer.

Again, thank you very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cccpastorjack
Just watched your video again... That's a 3 cylinder BMW if I've ever heard one.

Later,
BlauBeeMr
1999 Basalt Grau K1200LT

post #40 of 47 Old May 8th, 2010, 8:55 am

When I had a similar problem, I sprayed ALL around those darn things and it NEVER made one ounce of difference in the idle speed. So, I just kept looking with a bright light and finally I saw that one of the throttle bodies was not fully into the rubber so I cut off the old clamp, pushed it back down in there fully, put on the new clamp and Vaaroooooom!

(I'm still bettin' on #4)

Jack Homesley
Cornelius, NC USA

post #41 of 47 Old May 12th, 2010, 12:33 am

So.......... have you received any word back from the dealer on why the bike won't run properly? I'm interested to see what was the cause of your problems.

Jack Homesley
Cornelius, NC USA

post #42 of 47 Old Feb 8th, 2011, 2:05 pm

I absolutely hate reading through these threads and not finding out the resolution to the issue being discussed. Does anyone know what was causing his problem and what the cure was?
post #43 of 47 Old Feb 8th, 2011, 3:36 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyw
I absolutely hate reading through these threads and not finding out the resolution to the issue being discussed. Does anyone know what was causing his problem and what the cure was?
+1
Update please

May you be in Heaven half an hour before the Devil knows your dead
post #44 of 47 Old Feb 8th, 2011, 9:34 pm
Wrencher Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defaoite
+1
Update please
Here is the rest of the STORY

John
2009 K1300GT Red Rocket
2009 R1200GS (Gone)
2004 330 Ci Convertable
K4AN

post #45 of 47 Old Feb 8th, 2011, 10:57 pm Thread Starter

Thanks John!
I guess the least I could've done was post the link to the eventual solution!
My Bad!
Hopefully no one else is experiencing these problems....if so, just follow the link below for a way!
Take care and ride safe!

Later,
BlauBeeMr
1999 Basalt Grau K1200LT

post #46 of 47 Old Feb 9th, 2011, 7:09 am

Thank You. I now know the rest of the story.
post #47 of 47 Old Feb 9th, 2011, 12:37 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyw
Thank You. I now know the rest of the story.
+1
Thanks Kenny

May you be in Heaven half an hour before the Devil knows your dead

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in