Where can I get K1200LT Service manual? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old Oct 4th, 2005, 3:33 pm Thread Starter

Where can I get K1200LT Service manual?

I went to my dealer for a K1200LT Service manual and they said theres not one. Could someone tell me what you use as a service manual?

Doug
02 K1200LT-C
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old Oct 4th, 2005, 3:50 pm

Get a new dealer! There is a full service manual available for your '02, either in hard copy or on CD. Your dealer's parts department can get it. Or you can order it from Motobins for less than the dealer. The BMW part number for the CD is:

There are illegal copies of the CD available on eBay, but most of us frown on putting money in those thief's pockets. You have to decide using your own conscience.

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
EX: '01 Black LT, BAT BYKE (Totaled at 110,000 miles)
IBA SS, BB, BBG, 10/10ths.
No bike now, but maybe in the future.
post #3 of 19 Old Jul 13th, 2007, 11:37 am

K1200 LT Service Manual

Of course there's a service manual.
Try ebay - under manuals - there's a great seller there (sells cd versions)!

post #4 of 19 Old Jul 13th, 2007, 7:18 pm

If you're looking for a printed (hard copy) manual, try Clymer. Here is one place to get it from for $43, plus s/h.

http://www.bikebandit.com/product/1090

Steve
Granada Hills CA
2005 K1200LT Dark Graphite Metallic
post #5 of 19 Old Jun 12th, 2008, 1:28 pm

Re: Where can I get K1200LT Service manual?

I've looked on ebay for a cd manual for a LT and haven't been able to find one. Can anyone help?
post #6 of 19 Old Jun 12th, 2008, 7:38 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by damenke
I went to my dealer for a K1200LT Service manual and they said theres not one. Could someone tell me what you use as a service manual?

Doug
02 K1200LT-C
I got my dealer to include the CD as part of the sale, but just recently discovered that the CD does NOT include a wiring diagram! I bought a set of PIAA and was looking to review the wiring before doing the installation. So, I'm now looking for a Clymer manual as that is the dealer's recommendation for a wiring diagram source.

The Clymer manual appears to cover only through the 2005 model year so I'm hoping not too much as changed on my 07 model.

2017 KLR650 "Mule"
2007 K1200LT "Starship Enterprise", VOICE II, Navigator V, Motorrad Communicator
1987 Kawasaki Voyager XII
1976 Kawasaki KH400
1973 Kawasaki 100 G5
1970 Rockford Chibi (the orange one)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 19 Old Jun 12th, 2008, 8:25 pm

If I had a legitimate copy of the CD, but lost it, would it be acceptable to buy a copy off of ebay?
Just wondering - really. I frown on my daughter sharing music (I was a musician years ago) and she understands. But does she listen? Don't know.
Another question; I have bought Jimi Hendrix's "Are You Experienced" on disc, 8-track, cassette, and CD. Can I now just copy it from anywhere for free? I mean the guy has been dead for almost 40 years.
got off subject.
post #8 of 19 Old Jun 12th, 2008, 9:43 pm
Wrencher Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager
I bought a set of PIAA and was looking to review the wiring before doing the installation.
The wiring diagrams for all models from about 93 on up to 06 are on a CD called SP2 from BMW. They are not as straight forward as I would like and require some interpretation and analysis.

As far as wiring in some PIAAs a direct tie to the battery through a fuse and relay is best. Then you need to figure out how you want to turn them on and off such as a plain switch or the "auto switch" that works off of your turn signal cancel button.

John
2009 K1300GT Red Rocket
2009 R1200GS (Gone)
2005 K1200LT Ocean Blue Blue Wizard 110 K and counting...
2006 Bushtec Turbo+2 Spell
2004 330 Ci Convertable
K4AN

Have ridden a Motorcycle in all 48
But lack DE, MA, RI and CT with the 2005 LT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 19 Old Jun 14th, 2008, 8:09 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by saileyboy
If I had a legitimate copy of the CD, but lost it, would it be acceptable to buy a copy off of ebay?
Just wondering - really. I frown on my daughter sharing music (I was a musician years ago) and she understands. But does she listen? Don't know.
Another question; I have bought Jimi Hendrix's "Are You Experienced" on disc, 8-track, cassette, and CD. Can I now just copy it from anywhere for free? I mean the guy has been dead for almost 40 years.
got off subject.
Legally, you can copy data for backup purposes only IF you legally own, and have, the original. If you lost the original, you can no longer legally have a copy of it, no matter the source.

That only makes sense, as anyone could buy music, software, etc., copy all of it, then sell the originals.

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
EX: '01 Black LT, BAT BYKE (Totaled at 110,000 miles)
IBA SS, BB, BBG, 10/10ths.
No bike now, but maybe in the future.
post #10 of 19 Old Jun 14th, 2008, 9:43 am

I ordered the Clymer Manual via clymer.com.

Step by step instruction to do pretty much everything.

Cheers

Jim Mac
post #11 of 19 Old Jun 14th, 2008, 4:42 pm

Just bought a Clymer from Amazon - $33.00
post #12 of 19 Old Jan 5th, 2009, 1:09 am

I wish they could get the service manual and the parts fiche together some way. You can find part numbers at http://www.realoem.com/bmw/ but beware it shows some part numbers as the same and I know they are different. The front caliper brake line is different for intergrated brakes and non integrated. There is a sharper bend in the intergrated brake line.
post #13 of 19 Old Jan 31st, 2009, 7:51 pm

Geez, is anyone really concened with pirated copies? With the number of known problems with this bike that have gone totally ignored by BMW, they should be hand delivering gold plated copies of this manual.

What a county of extremes.

Paul Harrington
AU

1999 K1200LT Champagne "Bismarck"
1983 base K100 "Bavarian Belle"

Last edited by eljeffe; Feb 1st, 2009 at 4:30 pm.
post #14 of 19 Old Jan 31st, 2009, 10:35 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrowbmw
Geez, is anyone really concened with pirated copies? With the number of known problems with this bike that have gone totally ignored by BMW, they should be hand delivering gold plated copies of this manual.

Paul Harrington
AU

Paul, my boy...I AM WITH YA ON THIS ONE!!!!!!!

Jack Homesley
Cornelius, NC USA
'06 Goldwing - "The Black Pearl"
Too many others to list...

GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by eljeffe; Feb 1st, 2009 at 4:30 pm.
post #15 of 19 Old Feb 1st, 2009, 4:29 pm
Bouncer

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynejones
I got a CD on Ebay for about $10 with postage.
Wayne
That would be a pirated copy.

Copyrighted materials: This site is available for the free flow of information among its members; each person is responsible for the content he or she submits to this site. Posting of copyrighted materials, links to pirated copyrighted materials or solicitation to buy, sell or trade pirated copyrighted materials is not condoned by the Administrators of this site. Any materials or links posted on this site which appear to be in violation of a copyright will be removed without notice. The Administrators of this site respect the intellectual property of others and will make every effort to assure those rights are not violated. The determination of any materials in question will be at the sole discretion of the site Administrators and a reminder will be sent to the poster referring to the current policy.

'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue

"I am hoping for an asteroid impact to put all this climate change nonsense to bed."
-
post #16 of 19 Old Feb 1st, 2009, 5:57 pm

Hi all.

Just an addition to my post above (number 13 if it hasn't already been censored)...when all is said and done, it's still stealing I guess.

Paul Harrington
AU

1999 K1200LT Champagne "Bismarck"
1983 base K100 "Bavarian Belle"
post #17 of 19 Old Feb 1st, 2009, 6:23 pm
Just ridin'

Quote:

Paul Harrington
AU
As far as this community is concerned, BMW has made it clear through their lawyer's C&D letters that they will pursue us legally if we allow the dissemination of their copyrighted materials on this website. While it would be a stretch for them to sue us for allowing a link to another website hosting the pirated materials, we have neither the resources or the desire to test them on it.

As stated in our guidelines, any such links will be deleted.

Randy Prade
Aurora, CO

Just ride it!
Meet Riley

post #18 of 19 Old Feb 1st, 2009, 6:31 pm
Just ridin'

Quote:
Hi all.

Just an addition to my post above (number 13 if it hasn't already been censored)...when all is said and done, it's still stealing I guess.

Paul Harrington
AU
Not to overstress this, it is not a matter of censorship, it is our desire to prevent the BMW lawyers (or any other lawyers) from owning this community.

From the digital millenium act:
Violation of copyright can result in penalties "up to a $500,000 fine or up to five years imprisonment for a first offense, and up to a $1,000,000 fine or up to 10 years imprisonment for subsequent offenses."

Randy Prade
Aurora, CO

Just ride it!
Meet Riley

post #19 of 19 Old May 23rd, 2010, 4:45 pm

Thumbs up Re: Where can I get K1200LT Service manual?

Quote:
Originally Posted by damenke

Doug
02 K1200LT-C
CLYMER BMW K1200RS,GT, & LT 1998-2008
http://www.amazon.co.uk/BMW-K1200RS-...6&sr=8-3-fkmr2

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in