Trouble shifting down - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old Mar 7th, 2010, 3:50 pm Thread Starter

Trouble shifting down

Yesterday the bike was fine. today I am having trouble shifting down. Goes up through the gears no problem and down from fifth to fourth and fourth to third OK but from third to second and from second to first I push the gear selector down and nothing happens. However if I put my foot under the gear selector and gently lift the pedal slightly without going up a gear and then press the selector down it will shift from 3 to 2 and from 2 to 1 fine.

????????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Mar 7th, 2010, 4:32 pm

Thumbs up Re: Trouble shifting down

If you're talking about an LT, then lube your shifter linkage. Sounds like the spring isn't returning your lever to the nuetral position to make the next shift.

Might be something mre sreiuos, but do the lube first.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
====
Bought used K1200LT number 3. This one is green/teal with 31,369(now 7/29/2018 54,143) miles and is an '02. The first 2 bikes made it to near 150,000 miles.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Due to heart health, the Dr says not to ride under 40 degree air temp. Ugh! Now it is harder to get my 18000 miles a year in just in the summer. Guess that stopped my 20 degree rides now.

78 years young!
04 Honda Reflex.....Hers (it mostly sits)
Converted HD rider.
Love this LT bike and still waiting for my first speeding ticket. LOL
Vern

=====

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in