Helmet Headset - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old Jan 20th, 2010, 11:53 am Thread Starter

Helmet Headset

I"m new to this forum , so be gentle. I just purchase a Nolan helmet with a headset. I have a 2006 LT with OEM system. I can not figure out how to get the speaker to stop working so it will just go thru the headset. I have found out how to turn the speaker off. But I can't get any music to come in on the headset. I can hear the GPS . Any suggestion would be great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old Jan 20th, 2010, 1:22 pm

Re: Helmet Headset

It might take rewiring the speakers on the bike. I have a similar situation. I have an AutoComm communication intercom ( 5 wire) . When my helmet speakers are plugged in, the sound still comes through the 4 outside speakers. I don't think the intercoms mutes the outside speakers when attached.

Dano
Tampa, Fl.

12 K1600 GTL
02 K1200 LT (gone but not forgotten)
post #3 of 8 Old Jan 20th, 2010, 1:27 pm

On my 09 the Speakers don't stop working. I added a Starcom1 digital to mine now the way I have it plumbed only the rear speakers are on. Keep in mind what you hear in the headset is not the volume you hear through the speakers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eshumans
I"m new to this forum , so be gentle. I just purchase a Nolan helmet with a headset. I have a 2006 LT with OEM system. I can not figure out how to get the speaker to stop working so it will just go thru the headset. I have found out how to turn the speaker off. But I can't get any music to come in on the headset. I can hear the GPS . Any suggestion would be great.

The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.

09 K1200 LT
Project LT:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Future plans

University Place, WA
Riding since 1969

post #4 of 8 Old Jan 20th, 2010, 1:38 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandiver
It might take rewiring the speakers on the bike. I have a similar situation. I have an AutoComm communication intercom ( 5 wire) . When my helmet speakers are plugged in, the sound still comes through the 4 outside speakers. I don't think the intercoms mutes the outside speakers when attached.
Dano,
I wired my AutoComm into the rear speakers (AutoComm instructions for the LT wiring harness) just outside the connection plugs under the SO's seat. I can fade the speakers to the rear and with another switch provided by AutoComm can turn off the rear speakers completely so all audio goes to the headsets. It really cool. I also did the Radio Shack Koss speaker headset upgrade. Great frequency response!

If you want the item # from AutoCOmm I'll check it out for that accessory and you can probably find it on ebay or another Internet source.

pm
--
Life is too short to do anything
other than that about which you
are absolutely passionate . . .
Ride till you can't!

"Der Weg ist das Ziel"
2005 Pyrenees of France & Spain
2006 Tuscany

2011 South Africa

2014 The Dolomites of Italy, Alps of Switzerland & Austria and returning to Milan via the "Gold Coast" of the French Riveria.

2016 Northern & Central Spain & Portugal

2018 Central & Eastern Europe: Slovenia, Austria, Poland,Hungary, Czech Republic & Slovakia!

2019 Maritime Provinces of Canada & New England 3,500 miles

'18 R1200RTW
'00 K1200LTC (Dealer is taking on consignment!)
'90 K75-Sold to a new BMW owner (2016)
'62 R 50/2 (Rode hard and put away wet)-Sold in '81
'63 Vespa 150 (1st and only dirt bike!)
Sold in '67

post #5 of 8 Old Jan 20th, 2010, 6:09 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by eshumans
I belive that you press the button with the music note on it & on your display will show 'speakers' or 'headset' (I think from memory ... I have very little :-). Then using the left control (volume etc) & again I can't remember if you push Up or sideways & this changes it (toggles).

Hope this makes sense!

BIGHOPPER (Phil)
BGB 602
2016 R1200RT LC Purchase March
2003 R1150GSA Black Beast (purchased Nov 2011- 32,372klms)
2006 K1200LT Grey
(Purchased 2008, 7,350 mls) Trade in on 2016 RT at 80,600miles
1975 Norton John Player Replica (Sold When I got Married)
1973 Norton Interstate
1965 Atlas 750
1971 Triumph Trail Blazer(Rode from London to Sydney Aust, no maps for that)

post #6 of 8 Old Jan 20th, 2010, 6:13 pm
Lifetime Supporter

For 05 and newer with BMW Comm System - you press the music note button on the comm console. Your display should then read speaker on - then you press the volume/tune control on the left handlebar grip once to toggle the speakers off. Follow the same procedure to toggle the speakers back on again.

Doug Sorchilla
La Quinta, CA
2012 K1600 GTL

Growing Old is Mandatory Growing Up is Optional
post #7 of 8 Old Jan 20th, 2010, 6:33 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMitchell
Dano,
I wired my AutoComm into the rear speakers (AutoComm instructions for the LT wiring harness) just outside the connection plugs under the SO's seat. I can fade the speakers to the rear and with another switch provided by AutoComm can turn off the rear speakers completely so all audio goes to the headsets. It really cool. I also did the Radio Shack Koss speaker headset upgrade. Great frequency response!

If you want the item # from AutoCOmm I'll check it out for that accessory and you can probably find it on ebay or another Internet source.
Paul, When you get the chance, and there is no need to rush, I'd like that part number. I too wired mine as per AutoComms instructions and did not know of a way to cut off the outside speaker volume. Not really a problem, but maybe more volume will get to my headset. I did the speaker upgrade too and am pleased with the results.

Dano
Tampa, Fl.

12 K1600 GTL
02 K1200 LT (gone but not forgotten)
post #8 of 8 Old Jan 20th, 2010, 9:08 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandiver
Paul, When you get the chance, and there is no need to rush, I'd like that part number. I too wired mine as per AutoComms instructions and did not know of a way to cut off the outside speaker volume. Not really a problem, but maybe more volume will get to my headset. I did the speaker upgrade too and am pleased with the results.
Dano,
This is the info I have.
Part 67 - Lead for ca type cd/cassette/radio but this lead lets you switch between the bike speakers or headsets.

http://www.topgearaccess.com/autocom...on%2066&67.pdf

Parts are getting scarce. Try this dealer locator
http://www.topgearaccess.com/autocom/dealer_locator.php
I got this from another forum post. Keith may be a good parts source.
Tulsa Truck Center
Keith
5503 W. 61st Street
Tulsa OK 74131
918-446-2245

pm
--
Life is too short to do anything
other than that about which you
are absolutely passionate . . .
Ride till you can't!

"Der Weg ist das Ziel"
2005 Pyrenees of France & Spain
2006 Tuscany

2011 South Africa

2014 The Dolomites of Italy, Alps of Switzerland & Austria and returning to Milan via the "Gold Coast" of the French Riveria.

2016 Northern & Central Spain & Portugal

2018 Central & Eastern Europe: Slovenia, Austria, Poland,Hungary, Czech Republic & Slovakia!

2019 Maritime Provinces of Canada & New England 3,500 miles

'18 R1200RTW
'00 K1200LTC (Dealer is taking on consignment!)
'90 K75-Sold to a new BMW owner (2016)
'62 R 50/2 (Rode hard and put away wet)-Sold in '81
'63 Vespa 150 (1st and only dirt bike!)
Sold in '67

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in