LT on BMW Motorrad.ca - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old Dec 11th, 2009, 6:41 pm Thread Starter

LT on BMW Motorrad.ca

I have been waiting for awhile for BMW Canada to update their website to reflect the 2010 models.Now that they have, I am wondering why they do not list the K 1200 LT under their touring list. The only thing they list are the F800ST, the R 1200 RT, and the K 1300 GT? Are the K 1200 LT models no longer available in Canada? Are they anticipating the new 6 cyl model to be introduced? Or are they just promoting the RT model as the premier touring bike now? It is highly unlikely that they know something the other Mottorad sites don't, given the fact they were a few weeks later than all the other BMW Motorrad sites to have anything other than 2009 information. Just curious.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Dec 11th, 2009, 7:09 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
Re: LT on BMW Motorrad.ca

The K1200LT doesn't show up on the UK or German websites, but does show in the US and France. Weird.

I think that BMW is just rebadging their leftover '09 models as '10 models in a few markets to clear them out before the introduction of the new Slant/6 LT. When exactly that's going to happen is anybody's guess.

You can get some idea in this thread, especially if you jump to the last page. But in reality, no one knows anything concrete until BMW chooses to announce it.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in