Pay It Forward!!!!!! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Nov 6th, 2009, 1:30 pm Thread Starter

Pay It Forward!!!!!!

The generosity of information from this forum's members is at times awe-inspiring. It's had a huge impact on the enjoyment of my LT. Since I am not as knowledgeable as most members, I thought I might be able to contribute in a different way.

I am not sure if this has been done before on this forum, or even if I am breaking some forum rule, but here it goes. I belong to another forum for my car and they started a "Pay it Forward" (P.I.F.) thread. The response was awesome. It promotes the spirit of cooperation and generosity.

Here is how it works:

A member posts a **free** P.I.F. item. Any BMWLT member, with a minimum of 40 posts is eligible to receive this item. The giver will take names, via post and/or PM for a time length they see fit, at which time the giver will put all names in a hat and pull out the winner. The winner will be notified via PM and announced in this thread. It is up to the giver if the winner is responsible for shipping, and this must be stated in the giver's original post.

The only other rule is that winner MUST and I repeat MUST have an item available that they are willing to Pay It Forward with. If you don't, please don't apply to be a winner. The life of this thread is reliant upon the winner actually Paying It Forward.

Paying It Forward is my way of saying thank you to the other forum members. I am giving away a CB unit with cables and antenna. It is in practically new condition. It is designed to be used with the stock comm system (I have an 03 LTE that it came with). As stated earlier, PM me or create a post in this thread if you are interested. I will accept names until 8:00pm 11/13/2009 at which time, I'll put all names in a hat and ship to winner, at my expense. Again, please do not apply unless you have an item that you're willing to P.I.F with.

If you are interested in posting any P.I.F. yourself simply do so on this thread. Remember, its not about the price, its about vibe

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Champagne in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride' ".

Ed

2003 BMW K1200LTC - "La Vaca"
1999 Kawasaki Concourse
1993 BMW K75
1990 Harley Davidson - Softail
Prior to 1990 - too many, too fuzzy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Nov 6th, 2009, 1:39 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Re: Pay It Forward!!!!!!

Nice idea and I don't want to discount the effort in any way. I actually don't have any use for this particular PIF, but my way of PIF on this forum is to annually go here and contribute as best I can.

Just my $0.02,
Jer

Jerry Palma
99 K1200LTI Champagne 'Oh, Kay' (dropped: 5)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
97 K1100LT Aspen Silver Night High Line 'Silver Knight'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
85 R80RT 'Lady in Red'
08 535xi Space Gray metallic
09 328i Silver Convertable
17 X3 Glacier Silver metallic

BMWMOA #157323 / ABC #11368 -- All-in-all a newbie!

I love these bikes regardless of what I've needed to fix on them. I'll: Just Ride 'em!
post #3 of 3 Old Nov 6th, 2009, 3:28 pm Thread Starter

Re: Pay It Forward!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jers99lt
Nice idea and I don't want to discount the effort in any way. I actually don't have any use for this particular PIF, but my way of PIF on this forum is to annually go here and contribute as best I can.

Just my $0.02,
Jer

I think your's is a great suggestion. One that I will definitely follow. I don't think it is an "either/or" issue.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Champagne in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride' ".

Ed

2003 BMW K1200LTC - "La Vaca"
1999 Kawasaki Concourse
1993 BMW K75
1990 Harley Davidson - Softail
Prior to 1990 - too many, too fuzzy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in