BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

On The Road Again

783 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  jcrowleyiv 
#1 ·
Installed my rebuilt final drive this morning. Rode to town and ate breakfast at IHOP. We had a nice one legged waitress. Got a pint of bourbon to make a southern pecan cake. Later we met with a CMA group and rode down to Decatur. We ate at Sweetie Pie's Ribeyes. It sure was good and I'm so full I could pop. It was 101 today. The wind was HOT! New throttle cables sure are nice. When it cools off I'm either riding to the Big Bend country or back to Colorado. I'm looking to put some miles on it. I'm gonna ride this thing until it breaks and fix it again. Maybe after it rolls over 100K I'll trade it in............ :D

#2 ·
Hey Rattler,

Would LOVE to know how to make that Pecan Cake. ;) :D

Tuff call...Big Bend or Colorado. Enjoy which ever you choose and congrats to getting back on the road.

#4 ·
Glad to hear your LT is back in service.

My wife and I run up to Decatur for Sweetie Pie's on a regular basis - and I agree that it is a good one.

My son and I are going to ride to Big Bend as soon as it cools off a little bit. Let me know of some tentative dates if you might like a little company. My son is in Midland, rides a Concours, and is a very good rider. I am a little slower than him, but normally do not slow him down much.

If you might be interested, let me know.

John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.