J-Pegs & Mick O Pegs - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old Aug 15th, 2009, 7:55 pm Thread Starter
SEG

J-Pegs & Mick O Pegs

Any recommendations on where I can find J-pegs for short inseam riders? I have a 29" inseam and I'm considering replacing my lowered floorboards with the stock rider pegs, and using J-pegs and Mick O Pegs for comfort on the long rides. The lowered floorboards are great for comfort, but I still like the stock peg position for better balance and modulation of the brake pedal. I have an Illium lowered brake pedal, but it still does not put the foot in as good a position as the stock peg/brake combination. Now back to J-pegs, anyone with a short inseam use them? I was thinking that it might be good to have the Mick O Pegs and a pair of J-pegs so that I'd have two choices for stretching out, when road, traffic conditions permit. Appreciate the assistance.
Scott

- 2009 LT
- BMW MOA #92950
- BMW RA #41621
- IBA #35299
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old Aug 16th, 2009, 12:21 am

Re: J-Pegs & Mick O Pegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEG
Any recommendations on where I can find J-pegs for short inseam riders? I have a 29" inseam and I'm considering replacing my lowered floorboards with the stock rider pegs, and using J-pegs and Mick O Pegs for comfort on the long rides. The lowered floorboards are great for comfort, but I still like the stock peg position for better balance and modulation of the brake pedal. I have an Illium lowered brake pedal, but it still does not put the foot in as good a position as the stock peg/brake combination. Now back to J-pegs, anyone with a short inseam use them? I was thinking that it might be good to have the Mick O Pegs and a pair of J-pegs so that I'd have two choices for stretching out, when road, traffic conditions permit. Appreciate the assistance.
Scott
http://www.motogear4you.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=4
at Just-ride-it-accessoties.com for j-pegs,
http://ridingiswonderful.com/
for the mick-o-pegs
HTH

2013 BMW Damask Red K1600GTL
2014 BMW K1600GTL-E EXCLUSIVE
2001 Honda C-250 Helix
SOLD 2006 BMW K-1200LT "The Manatee"

Smokin'

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 Old Aug 16th, 2009, 2:03 am

Two things about the Jpegs and Mick O Pegs combo :

1. I never thought the J Pegs were comfortable at all but out of necessity of a change in position while riding they were tolerable. Once I got the Mick O Pegs I never used the J Pegs anymore.

2. When you do have the combo on your bike, it does take a little maneuvering with your feet to get the J Pegs out....which isn't real cool while flying down the road.

Just my opinion

Kent Fellers

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 13 Old Aug 16th, 2009, 1:45 pm Thread Starter
SEG

Thanks for the posts; I'm going with just the Mick O Pegs, I'll skip the J-Pegs. Thanks again.
Scott

- 2009 LT
- BMW MOA #92950
- BMW RA #41621
- IBA #35299
post #5 of 13 Old Aug 16th, 2009, 4:20 pm
Lifetime Supporter

You well love them and it only takes about 1 hour to instal. I got mine at Christmas and use them almost every day. Jim
post #6 of 13 Old Aug 17th, 2009, 7:38 am
Lifetime Supporter

Good choice on the MOPs. I have MOPs and Ottomans. I have my feet on the MOPS almost half the time. Hardly ever use the Ottomans.

Jer

Jerry Palma
99 K1200LTI Champagne 'Oh, Kay' (dropped: 5)
97 K1100LT Aspen Silver Night High Line 'Silver Knight'
85 R80RT 'Lady in Red'
08 535xi Space Gray metallic
09 328i Silver Convertable
17 X3 Glacier Silver metallic

BMWMOA #157323 / ABC #11368 -- All-in-all a newbie!

I love these bikes regardless of what I've needed to fix on them. I'll: Just Ride 'em!
post #7 of 13 Old Aug 17th, 2009, 9:46 am

Mick O pegs is the best way to go IMHO. Make sure your pants leg doesn't catch on it when dismounting though...good way to become a member of the "I dropped my LT club!" Also remember to let up on them when in a good curve...they can drag. Other than that, you'll love 'em I'm sure.

Reido
K1600GTL...Blue Metallic
USMC 1971-1975
Ham Radio Call: W0FVR

"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
--H.H. Humphrey
post #8 of 13 Old Aug 17th, 2009, 9:47 am

Hmmm.
To those of you that have scraped your J pegs in favor of something else, I need one of your useless j peg bolts. Those J pegs are no good for ya so send me a bolt.
Thanks,
Mike
will grovel for a bolt

Mike
IBA #433
post #9 of 13 Old Aug 17th, 2009, 10:02 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjac
Hmmm.
To those of you that have scraped your J pegs in favor of something else, I need one of your useless j peg bolts. Those J pegs are no good for ya so send me a bolt.
Thanks,
Mike
will grovel for a bolt
I'm surprised 1/2" SST shoulder bolts are that hard to find. Maybe there's more to them than I am aware of, but would expect them to be non-custom bolts.

Reido
K1600GTL...Blue Metallic
USMC 1971-1975
Ham Radio Call: W0FVR

"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
--H.H. Humphrey
post #10 of 13 Old Aug 17th, 2009, 2:47 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reid
Maybe there's more to them than I am aware of
True. A 3/8" bolt with a sleeve for a spacer will work. I am trying to make it all pretty.

Mike
IBA #433
post #11 of 13 Old Aug 18th, 2009, 8:06 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jers99lt
Good choice on the MOPs. I have MOPs and Ottomans. I have my feet on the MOPS almost half the time. Hardly ever use the Ottomans.

Jer
Same setup, same comment.

mike p
2005 BMW K1200LT (got it in July 2007)
2002 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-12R (parked next to the LT)
1982 Suzuki GS-750EZ (paid $500
for it in 1985, sold it for $450 in 2000)
1978 Honda CB-500F (sold in 1980)
1976 Honda CB-400F (drowned to
death in the blizzard of 1978 in Boston)
post #12 of 13 Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 3:31 pm

I had the Mick-O-Pegs installed on my K1200LT at a rally in the Tetons in 2006 and love them. Couldn't be more comfortable. I'd recommend them to anyone.

Mike Gray
Fairbanks, Alaska
2000 K1200LT
2014 F700GS
post #13 of 13 Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 5:11 pm

I find J-Pegs best when used one at a time and with a backrest. Just sayin'.....

kk610lt
2007 K 1200 LT
2004 R 1150 GS Adventure
2002 K 1200 LT (totaled by a SUV 10-7-08)
1988 Concours
Why do bullets bounce off of Superman, but he ducks when you throw a gun at him?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in