Free Comm system on '09 LT - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old Aug 13th, 2009, 10:17 am Thread Starter

Free Comm system on '09 LT

I know it has been discussed before about this, but does anyone know if this includes the installation and what the value of the unit itself would be? This is from the sight:

K 1200 LT
Free BMW VOICE intercom system.
7 691 303: VOICE II

Thanks,
Ken
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old Aug 13th, 2009, 10:42 am

Re: Free Comm system on '09 LT

It includes installation the total cost including the install is around 1400.00 and will require about 4 hours to complete which is how long it took them to do mine.

The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.

09 K1200 LT
Project LT:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Future plans

University Place, WA
Riding since 1969
post #3 of 9 Old Aug 13th, 2009, 12:08 pm Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. Are you sure about the install? I spoke to a couple of dealers and they said it does not include it. Maybe your dealer did it for you and included the labor?
Ken

post #4 of 9 Old Aug 13th, 2009, 12:11 pm

Well my dealer installed it its a promotional deal from BMW so its supposed to include installation. Wouldn't be much of an enticement for new buyer to be told oh ya you get this but you have to figure out how to install it.

The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.

09 K1200 LT
Project LT:

Future plans

University Place, WA
Riding since 1969
post #5 of 9 Old Aug 13th, 2009, 2:05 pm Thread Starter

I agree, but I heard a couple of dealers say not the labor.
Ken
post #6 of 9 Old Aug 13th, 2009, 6:27 pm

I would suggest that those dealers are just padding their coffers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken6217
I agree, but I heard a couple of dealers say not the labor.
Ken

Bob Thede
'02 K1200 LT-Blackie II

'97 BMW Z3-SO's
BMWMOA #135792

CCR-'08

'62 Fender Jazz Bass-played often!
post #7 of 9 Old Aug 13th, 2009, 7:21 pm

Yes, those dealers are not being entirely honest. I just bought a new LT and it came with the free comm system, installed. Touring Sport BMW of Greenville, SC, did the install and it took them about 6 hours to complete. That would be quite expensive at their $82.00 per hour rate. The shop foreman told me that BMW allocated them $350.00 to complete the installation, and BMW paid it. Don't know if I would buy the bike from a dealership that would fudge on this because the installation is supposed to be included...Why don't you call Touring Sport and get them to verify the install is included to you, then tell your dealership that you have contacted another dealer who says it is free? Maybe they are just unaware....
post #8 of 9 Old Aug 13th, 2009, 8:04 pm
BMW Guru

The memo from BMW specifically states that the dealer is not allowed to charge the customer extra for the labor. BMW NA is giving the dealer $350 towards the install.

The headsets and cords are NOT included. You'll have to buy those and install them or pay for that installation.

2007 G650 X Challenge
2006 GT200
2005 R1200GS

post #9 of 9 Old Aug 13th, 2009, 8:53 pm Thread Starter

Thanks a lot for the comments.
Ken

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in