Passenger pegs and Leg position - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old Aug 3rd, 2009, 8:49 am Thread Starter

Passenger pegs and Leg position

My copilot and I have been struggling with the issue of her knees as a passenger on the LT, she 'is of the opinion her legs need to drop down further so the passenger pegs need to be dropped. I somewhat disagree and the only items I see for the passenger pegs are to allow the passenger legs to go up not down.

So I have a question for those of you that ride 2 up what did you do for your better half was this an issue for you and what did you do to resolve it?

The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.

09 K1200 LT
Project LT:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Future plans

University Place, WA
Riding since 1969
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old Aug 3rd, 2009, 8:56 am

Re: Passenger pegs and Leg position

They make a riders floorboard. One manufacture makes them that can be adjusted up or down. Effectively giving the passenger more room to stretch out.

Bob Thede
'02 K1200 LT-Blackie II

'97 BMW Z3-SO's
BMWMOA #135792

CCR-'08

'62 Fender Jazz Bass-played often!
post #3 of 9 Old Aug 3rd, 2009, 9:16 am

I got Darius' boards for my wife and she is so much happier on the back of our LT. I got me a set too. They are quality.

http://www.dodk64.com/

2007 K1200LT Hannigan- Blue
2012 R1200GS - Rallye
1973 R75/5 Toaster - Black

post #4 of 9 Old Aug 3rd, 2009, 10:20 am

On our first LT my husband put Darius's floorboards on for me and the fit was great. The new one came preloaded with the BMW floor boards and they leave my knees bent too much and I'm only 5'5. I would take Darius's floorboards any day!

ODHawk's wife

Dan Levesque
Cold Lake, Alberta

07 LT (w/many "farkles")
+ matching Unigo Trailer
CCR'09

post #5 of 9 Old Aug 3rd, 2009, 10:33 am Thread Starter

Its pretty a irritating problem from what I see her leg's are at the correct angle and I can't see them being lowered. I've bought the relocation kit for my peg's and I'm going to try adapting them for her I like the idea of floor boards and will more then likely go that route after i get the height adjusted fro her.

The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.

09 K1200 LT
Project LT:

Future plans

University Place, WA
Riding since 1969
post #6 of 9 Old Aug 3rd, 2009, 3:36 pm

+3 on the passenger foot boards, we have used them since 1976,90/6 and on an 84 R100Rt, an now on a 06 Lt. We triked the Lt last June and I had to cut the back off those $ 700 footboards to make them fit, I cried alittle but no complains, we're happy.

Dennis
post #7 of 9 Old Aug 3rd, 2009, 6:45 pm

The comment regarding a preference for the generic footboards doesn't make a whole lotta sense,
but then everybody is different
the BMW footboard although pricey are adjustable up and down in about four positions
(my wife loves hers) they also look like they belong on the LT as opposed to a ghetto mod.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned yet regarding the seating position is that you can move the top case back about 2 inches that changes the angle of the passengers legs a little it improved my wife's seating position.

Hans
St. Petersburg FL

2002 K1200LTE
"Silver Buffalo" Totaled 5/06
2005 LT
"Esperanza"
BushtecGenesisTrailer
"Our preferred long distance carrier"

post #8 of 9 Old Aug 3rd, 2009, 7:52 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBuffalo
One thing that hasn't been mentioned yet regarding the seating position is that you can move the top case back about 2 inches that changes the angle of the passengers legs a little it improved my wife's seating position.
Good call, Hans. That mod made my wife very happy. I didn't know about it either, until we were on a ride with some other LTs, and I noticed that some had the top case about 2" further back.

Moved mine back, and she's been happier ever since (she wasn't "unhappy" before, just didn't know what she was missing).

Brian
CCR: 2008, Midway; 2011, Boise; 2012, Duluth; 2014, Chattanooga. MOA: Billings, 2015; SLC, 2017
CCR-R: 2018, Russellville
'13 K1600 GTL-P - "Eva"
Sold but "beloved" ride: K12 LT - "Pepe"
IBA #31242 (SSx2, BB, BBG)
MOA #136148

-
post #9 of 9 Old Aug 3rd, 2009, 8:16 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBuffalo
The comment regarding a preference for the generic footboards doesn't make a whole lotta sense,
but then everybody is different
the BMW footboard although pricey are adjustable up and down in about four positions
(my wife loves hers) they also look like they belong on the LT as opposed to a ghetto mod.

Question: In the lowest position, are the OEM floorboards lower than the original passenger pegs?

2002 K1200LT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in