Long rides and seat comfort on the LT - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 45 Old Jul 28th, 2009, 4:58 pm Thread Starter

Long rides and seat comfort on the LT

Short of buying a new seat not that I would mind doing that has anyone tried the Airhawk seat I can handle the stock seat for about 150 miles before the need to get off becomes to much. Or does anyone have any thoughts on anything else to make the seat a bit more comfortable on long rides.

The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.

09 K1200 LT
Project LT:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Future plans

University Place, WA
Riding since 1969
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 Old Jul 28th, 2009, 5:04 pm

Re: Long rides and seat comfort on the LT

I use the Airhawk and it makes long trips a lot better I have just ordered a Rick Myer so hopefully I can not use the Airhawk after the new saddle arrives.

2002 LT 'The Golden Girl'
post #3 of 45 Old Jul 28th, 2009, 5:21 pm

I am one of the people on this site that just cannot afford an after market seat. I would not even be able to afford an LT at all if I hadn't got a great deal on a used one. The after market seat would be the best solution I am sure. If you can afford one, go for it. However I have had some relief in the summer with a Beadrider. That helps keep the butt cool. In the winter I have used an Alaska Leather sheep skin pad. That also gives some relief.

post #4 of 45 Old Jul 28th, 2009, 5:53 pm

I rode all last season on the stock seat, I used the beads which helped. After doing a SS1000, I decided I needed a different seat. I had Russell make me a seat over the winter, and I am very glad I did, the difference is night and day! It truley is a "day-long" saddle. And the Russell is alot cheaper than some of the other options out there.

The stock seat on the newer generation LT just does not cut it.

Tony

2006 K1200LT "SNOB"

IBA 35008

"I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders" - Ted Nugent

post #5 of 45 Old Jul 28th, 2009, 6:02 pm

I have been using the air hawk seat for two years and it works for me. During your ride the seat can be adjusted either by adding or letting out some air which helps in the comfort factor. The seat does add some height to your reach to the ground, a little more caution is advised when coming to a stop. I would give it 41/2 out of five stars.
Around town no air hawk. On long trips, Don't leave home without it.
post #6 of 45 Old Jul 28th, 2009, 7:49 pm

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalny
I have been using the air hawk seat for two years and it works for me. During your ride the seat can be adjusted either by adding or letting out some air which helps in the comfort factor. The seat does add some height to your reach to the ground, a little more caution is advised when coming to a stop. I would give it 41/2 out of five stars.
Around town no air hawk. On long trips, Don't leave home without it.
+1- I think the was one of the first purchases I made. -150 miles o.k.! over that and I would squirm like I was in the principles office again. Its fairly cheap, especially if you can find it on ebay or craigslist. Also keep in mind the hight. I road in the high position without the pad, and the low with it on. Good luck.

Hoss
'Stupidity has a knack of getting its way.' --Albert Camus
'05- K1200LT - Gretchen
R.I.P. - '00- K1200LTE- "Barbara" - Retired at 168K 9/2011
MOA, IBA, EXR & RCB and TMI
post #7 of 45 Old Jul 28th, 2009, 8:45 pm Thread Starter

Thanks all for your input it looks like the ROHO airhawk is the only way to go.

09 K1200 LT
Project LT:

Future plans

University Place, WA
Riding since 1969
post #8 of 45 Old Jul 28th, 2009, 10:15 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kra961
Short of buying a new seat not that I would mind doing that has anyone tried the Airhawk seat I can handle the stock seat for about 150 miles before the need to get off becomes to much. Or does anyone have any thoughts on anything else to make the seat a bit more comfortable on long rides.
My wife and I had the same problem with our LT. We decided to try the Bead Rider first as it was cheap and then look at custom seats if needed. We have taken two 1,000+ mile trips this year and the improvement in comfort is dramatic. We have ridding two nearly 500 mile days with relatively good comfort. I also got LDC shorts and I think they have helped also, but I certainly give a good share of the credit to the Bead Riders. The seat is still too soft, but the ventilation helps a lot, especially when the temps get above 80.

I'm at the point now where my back and shoulders limit my range more than does my derriere. :-)

2017 KLR650 "Mule"
2007 K1200LT "Starship Enterprise", VOICE II, Navigator V, Motorrad Communicator
1987 Kawasaki Voyager XII
1976 Kawasaki KH400
1973 Kawasaki 100 G5
1970 Rockford Chibi (the orange one)

post #9 of 45 Old Jul 28th, 2009, 10:48 pm Thread Starter

LOL ya if it isn't the back and shoulders then its the knee's isn't getting older sooooo much fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager
My wife and I had the same problem with our LT. We decided to try the Bead Rider first as it was cheap and then look at custom seats if needed. We have taken two 1,000+ mile trips this year and the improvement in comfort is dramatic. We have ridding two nearly 500 mile days with relatively good comfort. I also got LDC shorts and I think they have helped also, but I certainly give a good share of the credit to the Bead Riders. The seat is still too soft, but the ventilation helps a lot, especially when the temps get above 80.

I'm at the point now where my back and shoulders limit my range more than does my derriere. :-)

09 K1200 LT
Project LT:

Future plans

University Place, WA
Riding since 1969
post #10 of 45 Old Jul 29th, 2009, 1:44 pm

+1 on the airhawk
get the med cruiser size.

The Universe is expanding at 74.2 km/sec/Mpc.
post #11 of 45 Old Jul 29th, 2009, 3:56 pm

Garage

I am sure that I could benefit from a new seat but I need shocks first. I have been using Beadrider for almost 2 yrs and what a difference. I am in Florida and I always had an issue with my pants being wet and sweaty but the Beadrider allows good air circulation and that has keep me much more comfortable. Mine are wood beads but I think I have seen the new ones are now ceramic. I have had to repaint my beads and they need it again but you can't beat the price.

< - - - Norm Ruest - - - >

South Florida

2000 K1200 LTC Canyon Red
MOA# 145086

“Its unexplained, because they haven’t explained it. Maybe they could explain it, but they've tried and they can't, because it's unexplainable.” - Ruest
post #12 of 45 Old Jul 29th, 2009, 4:01 pm Thread Starter

I may end up buying both just to see which one works better the Airhawk for sure and the beads are pretty cheap

09 K1200 LT
Project LT:

Future plans

University Place, WA
Riding since 1969
post #13 of 45 Old Jul 29th, 2009, 10:07 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
LOL ya if it isn't the back and shoulders then its the knee's isn't getting older sooooo much fun
Yes, but compared to the alternative .... I will put up with getting older! :-)

2017 KLR650 "Mule"
2007 K1200LT "Starship Enterprise", VOICE II, Navigator V, Motorrad Communicator
1976 Kawasaki KH400
1973 Kawasaki 100 G5

post #14 of 45 Old Jul 29th, 2009, 10:08 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRuest
I am sure that I could benefit from a new seat but I need shocks first. I have been using Beadrider for almost 2 yrs and what a difference. I am in Florida and I always had an issue with my pants being wet and sweaty but the Beadrider allows good air circulation and that has keep me much more comfortable. Mine are wood beads but I think I have seen the new ones are now ceramic. I have had to repaint my beads and they need it again but you can't beat the price.
The bead rider will help with sweaty, but you need Depends if you are wetting your pants! :-)

2017 KLR650 "Mule"
1976 Kawasaki KH400
1973 Kawasaki 100 G5

post #15 of 45 Old Jul 29th, 2009, 10:17 pm Thread Starter

LOL... well there is that

Quote:
Yes, but compared to the alternative .... I will put up with getting older! :-)

09 K1200 LT
Project LT:

Future plans

University Place, WA
Riding since 1969
post #16 of 45 Old Jul 30th, 2009, 7:53 am

Russell is the only way to go. Save your money and buy one.

Ride safe, ride smart, you're invisible; NOT invincible.

2016 R1200RTW Bronze

Before:
2009 K1200LT
2006 K1200GT
2004 R1200RT
1987 R80RT
1980 R100RT
post #17 of 45 Old Jul 30th, 2009, 8:35 am

I've been using the BEADS and they seem to help, but ( not the best word) I still itch and squirm on the really hot days. Wonder if SHEEP SKIN would help. Some say to alternate between the SHEEP SKIN and the BEADS. Maybe I'll give that a try. Seems though that the SHEEP SKIN would absorb and hold the sweat! Anyone using both?

Dano
Tampa, Fl.

12 K1600 GTL
02 K1200 LT (gone but not forgotten)
post #18 of 45 Old Jul 30th, 2009, 8:41 am Thread Starter

How many hours or miles can you stay in the saddle with them? I'm planning on buying both at this point

QUOTE=dandiver]I've been using the BEADS and they seem to help, but ( not the best word) I still itch and squirm on the really hot days. Wonder if SHEEP SKIN would help. Some say to alternate between the SHEEP SKIN and the BEADS. Maybe I'll give that a try. Seems though that the SHEEP SKIN would absorb and hold the sweat! Anyone using both?[/QUOTE]

09 K1200 LT
Project LT:

Future plans

University Place, WA
Riding since 1969
post #19 of 45 Old Jul 30th, 2009, 9:09 am

I'm 165 lbs. I go about 250 miles on the stock seat. I have an Airhawk that I have tried off and on for the last 3 years, most recently last week, and I could only handle it for 200 miles. The Airhawk does not flow air like the beads. I have tried all air settings from full to near flat. The thing just seems to vacuum seal my butt, causing perspiration to be trapped when even wearing wicking undergarments. The air cushion does eliminate pressure on my lower hip bone, but the width cuts off some circulation.

The beadrider works best for me. I can make it 750 miles on it, but my butt is sore at the lower hip bones due to the unforgiving, solid nature of the beads. The air flow is great.

Changing between the beads, Airhawk, and stock seat wastes too much time enroute and the positive effect of the change only lasts about 100 miles.

So, I am ordering a Kontour seat from Ron. I hope this will solve all problems and allow me to ride longer with less worry about my bottom.

John

2004 - LT - Anthracite
post #20 of 45 Old Jul 30th, 2009, 9:27 am

I use a sheepskin seat cover and there is never any sweat. It is very comfortable so I keep it on the bike during all hot weather except when it is raining. It smells pretty bad when wet so I take it off until I get out of the rain.

Bob Walker
Rio Rancho,NM
'13 Yamaha Super Tenere
'00 LTi Trike, Basalt Blue
'12 K1600GTL, Dark Blue(Sold)
post #21 of 45 Old Jul 30th, 2009, 9:34 am

I have tried the Airhawk and I always go back to the stock seat. I am good for about 150 miles before I need a break. For me the airhawk isn't firm enough!
Since it's been in the 100 here in central Texas, I focus on quality undergarments that wisk the moisture away.
post #22 of 45 Old Jul 30th, 2009, 10:05 am Thread Starter

LMAO!! that giant sucking sound you hear is my seat

For me my tailbone and hips really give me the fit's on the stock seat I'm hoping that the hawk will elevate the pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlesj
I'm 165 lbs. I go about 250 miles on the stock seat. I have an Airhawk that I have tried off and on for the last 3 years, most recently last week, and I could only handle it for 200 miles. The Airhawk does not flow air like the beads. I have tried all air settings from full to near flat. The thing just seems to vacuum seal my butt, causing perspiration to be trapped when even wearing wicking undergarments. The air cushion does eliminate pressure on my lower hip bone, but the width cuts off some circulation.

The beadrider works best for me. I can make it 750 miles on it, but my butt is sore at the lower hip bones due to the unforgiving, solid nature of the beads. The air flow is great.

Changing between the beads, Airhawk, and stock seat wastes too much time enroute and the positive effect of the change only lasts about 100 miles.

So, I am ordering a Kontour seat from Ron. I hope this will solve all problems and allow me to ride longer with less worry about my bottom.

09 K1200 LT
Project LT:

Future plans

University Place, WA
Riding since 1969
post #23 of 45 Old Jul 30th, 2009, 10:41 am

Garage

Quote:
The bead rider will help with sweaty, but you need Depends if you are wetting your pants! :-)
That blew up in my face now didn't it?
So much for being comfortable sharing personal stuff with you guys.....

But it WAS funny.

< - - - Norm Ruest - - - >

South Florida

2000 K1200 LTC Canyon Red
MOA# 145086

“Its unexplained, because they haven’t explained it. Maybe they could explain it, but they've tried and they can't, because it's unexplainable.” - Ruest
post #24 of 45 Old Jul 30th, 2009, 11:23 am

Quote:
LMAO!! that giant sucking sound you hear is my seat

For me my tailbone and hips really give me the fit's on the stock seat I'm hoping that the hawk will elevate the pain.
Sounds like you need the Airhawk. I have the Beadrider and it is GREAT to get some wind flowing but it does not releive any pressure points.
On longer trips the Beadrider, Bakup backrest and J-Pegs make it really nice. I only use one J-peg at a time and can keep pressure off my backside. Just switch out the legs or put both up and slouch down against the back rest. Good to go.

"BONES" <///><

2018 R1200RT
2002 K1200LTC--- Belle

"My wife and I have an understanding. I won't try to run her life and I won't try to run mine."
post #25 of 45 Old Jul 30th, 2009, 1:17 pm

I guess the real issue here is the fact that the LT can go a lot farther than most bikes on a tank of fuel, thus you have an opportunity to sit on the seat a lot longer than most riders between stops....but wait..my bladder is not as big as the tank on my LT...I understand the need for extreme comfort on a motorcycle seat, but for me the seat on my 2K LT is plenty comfortable. Like some other posters have said, my back will tell me to get off the bike before my butt does (although my butt is better at talking than my back is.... ) I personally enjoy the stops for food, drink, relief, a little walk, a picture, enjoy the view, then get back on and ride...Here in the Pacific Northwest, hot humid weather is not something we have to deal with, and getting airflow under the bum on a ride must be great in Florida. I did have an opportunity to ride my bike about 90 miles through urban traffic yesterday, north of Seattle, and the temp gauge on my bike read as high as 112 degrees on Hwy 99, and stayed between 99 and 104 pretty consistantly....a record breaking high for the Seattle area yesterday!
Take Care, Ride safe!!
Rich C
post #26 of 45 Old Jul 30th, 2009, 1:32 pm Thread Starter

Hi ya Rich ya it was bloody hot here yesterday I'm in Tacoma yet for a drive after work and after installing the foot peg relocation kit drove out to Gig harbor to see how well they were going to work....Huge improvement!! I've had lot's of lower back damage done n the past so it doesn't take much to upset my back and hip's and I'm not willing to give up riding because of it.......So hoping the airhawk will help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by casualemt
I guess the real issue here is the fact that the LT can go a lot farther than most bikes on a tank of fuel, thus you have an opportunity to sit on the seat a lot longer than most riders between stops....but wait..my bladder is not as big as the tank on my LT...I understand the need for extreme comfort on a motorcycle seat, but for me the seat on my 2K LT is plenty comfortable. Like some other posters have said, my back will tell me to get off the bike before my butt does (although my butt is better at talking than my back is.... ) I personally enjoy the stops for food, drink, relief, a little walk, a picture, enjoy the view, then get back on and ride...Here in the Pacific Northwest, hot humid weather is not something we have to deal with, and getting airflow under the bum on a ride must be great in Florida. I did have an opportunity to ride my bike about 90 miles through urban traffic yesterday, north of Seattle, and the temp gauge on my bike read as high as 112 degrees on Hwy 99, and stayed between 99 and 104 pretty consistantly....a record breaking high for the Seattle area yesterday!
Take Care, Ride safe!!
Rich C

09 K1200 LT
Project LT:

Future plans

University Place, WA
Riding since 1969
post #27 of 45 Old Jul 30th, 2009, 10:35 pm

I have the bead riders & they help, but the seat still sucks for me. It is too soft. I am saving for a custom, but it is a matter of deciding which one. It would be great if there was a custom seat manufacturer here in the midwest for a ride-in appointment. I could never ride this thing all the way out west to any of the major seat manufacturers for a ride-in with the OEM seat. The bead riders just get me another 15 minutes to half an hour of ride time before the pain sets in. Without them I can only go a half hour or so. I have discovered that the more I ride the longer I can go before I become uncomfortable, but I could never make it for a whole tank.
post #28 of 45 Old Jul 30th, 2009, 10:47 pm Thread Starter

It takes a bit of work and stretching but I've gotten to the point that I can put me feet either on top of the crash bar or put the passenger pegs down and bend my leg's back to place them on those pegs. doesn't last long but it helps sometimes to get rid of the spasms in my back and hips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibbones
Sounds like you need the Airhawk. I have the Beadrider and it is GREAT to get some wind flowing but it does not releive any pressure points.
On longer trips the Beadrider, Bakup backrest and J-Pegs make it really nice. I only use one J-peg at a time and can keep pressure off my backside. Just switch out the legs or put both up and slouch down against the back rest. Good to go.

09 K1200 LT
Project LT:

Future plans

University Place, WA
Riding since 1969
post #29 of 45 Old Jul 30th, 2009, 11:15 pm

Quote:
It takes a bit of work and stretching but I've gotten to the point that I can put me feet either on top of the crash bar or put the passenger pegs down and bend my leg's back to place them on those pegs. doesn't last long but it helps sometimes to get rid of the spasms in my back and hips.

Ok, you talked me into it. Would you like to try my Airhawk for free? PM me an addy and I'll send it to you. If you like it, we'll agree on a price. If not. Send it back and I'll find a taker elsewhere.

Funny thing is, these things are made right next door to my Mom and Dad in Belleville, Il where I was born and raised. I mean right next door at the old K-mart. I've tried to make it work but it just isn't happening. Gel is definitely not the way to go.

Let me know.

John

2004 - LT - Anthracite
post #30 of 45 Old Jul 30th, 2009, 11:52 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlesj
Or not.

John

2004 - LT - Anthracite
post #31 of 45 Old Jul 31st, 2009, 3:49 am
Enjoy The Ride

I use a 1" thick memory foam gel pad from air rider. The only problem I've had with it is in the winter. Its to stiff when its cold out. I rode back from Vermont two months ago 1100 miles & only got off the bike twice. On all but two fuel stops I stayed on the bike & left it running. I'm 5' 11" with a 32" inseam and the extra 1" on top of the seat is just fine for me.

Dave Selvig
2004 Black LT
2000 Canon Red LT

post #32 of 45 Old Jul 31st, 2009, 7:02 am

If someone wants a Russell drivers seat I will have one next week that I don't want...I need a '08 BMW standard comfort seat.

Bob Thede
'02 K1200 LT-Blackie II

'97 BMW Z3-SO's
BMWMOA #135792

CCR-'08

'62 Fender Jazz Bass-played often!
post #33 of 45 Old Jul 31st, 2009, 9:05 am

Tried the Beads and frankly they hurt too much. The SO suggested that we try the Alaska Leather butt pads and they work great! Even in the heat there is no sweat and no aches. I highly recommend them.

Dan Levesque
Cold Lake, Alberta

07 LT (w/many "farkles")
+ matching Unigo Trailer
CCR'09

post #34 of 45 Old Jul 31st, 2009, 9:21 am

Every butt is unique. Mine likes the Beadrider; for me it cures the deficiencies of the bmw low seat very well. My 700 mile day back from Johnson City was the easiest day I ever had on my LT.
post #35 of 45 Old Jul 31st, 2009, 9:41 am Thread Starter

Wow that's impressive I'm looking at them now, I take it the seat heater didn't help keep it pliable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddle-man
I use a 1" thick memory foam gel pad from air rider. The only problem I've had with it is in the winter. Its to stiff when its cold out. I rode back from Vermont two months ago 1100 miles & only got off the bike twice. On all but two fuel stops I stayed on the bike & left it running. I'm 5' 11" with a 32" inseam and the extra 1" on top of the seat is just fine for me.

09 K1200 LT
Project LT:

Future plans

University Place, WA
Riding since 1969
post #36 of 45 Old Jul 31st, 2009, 10:00 am

I used the bead riders during hot weather rides. I'll rotate them during the ride at every fuel stop. I'll take them off until the next fuel/pit stop and them put them back . I've added a velcro strap on the front section of the bead so I and change them out pretty quick. The air flow keeps the monkey butt away.

Bob Brendel
05 LT, Light Metallic Yellow
99 LT, Totaled 3/09
97 HD Former Work Bike
88 GL1500
84 GL1200
S3 400 Kaw, too long ago to remember the year
175 Yamaha even longer

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night

Only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

George Orwell
post #37 of 45 Old Jul 31st, 2009, 10:22 am
Lifetime Supporter

Kra961...we are fortunate to have one of the best custom seat makers right here in the Seattle area, Rich's Custom Seats. He recently relocated the business to a new place in Kingston. I've not been there, but I understand it is very nice. I had Rich re-do the seat on my '07 LT and I couldn't believe the difference. From 100 miles and severe pain to 1000 mile days no problem. It is not cheap, but every mile makes the price I paid seem more and more of a deal. If you decide to go the custom seat route, give Rich a try.

Life happens...you control your reaction.

2018 Honda CRF250L Rally (fun in the woods)
2015 R1200 RT (holy cow…what a bike)
2007 K1200 LT (sold)
2005 DR 650 (sold)
2002 Harley Ultra (sold)
1999 Harley Road King (sold)
1996 K1100 LT (sold)
1990 Honda Shadow (sold)
1978-1993 Raising Kids; Paying Mortgages
1975 Honda CB550 (sold but wish I still had)
Homemade Motor Bike (mounted a 3.5 HP Briggs & Stratton on my bicycle at age 12)
post #38 of 45 Old Jul 31st, 2009, 11:32 am Thread Starter

I want so badly to go for a custom seat from him I can taste it but the reality is atm it's not possible I'll make do in the short term at least for this season LOL I need to rebuild a little bit of what I've spent thus far. I've received many recommendations on Rich and his craftsmanship and what little I've been able to see of his work looks awesome! I'm looking very much forward to having him set the seats up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickerbiker
Kra961...we are fortunate to have one of the best custom seat makers right here in the Seattle area, Rich's Custom Seats. He recently relocated the business to a new place in Kingston. I've not been there, but I understand it is very nice. I had Rich re-do the seat on my '07 LT and I couldn't believe the difference. From 100 miles and severe pain to 1000 mile days no problem. It is not cheap, but every mile makes the price I paid seem more and more of a deal. If you decide to go the custom seat route, give Rich a try.

09 K1200 LT
Project LT:

Future plans

University Place, WA
Riding since 1969
post #39 of 45 Old Jul 31st, 2009, 8:39 pm
Enjoy The Ride

Quote:
Wow that's impressive I'm looking at them now, I take it the seat heater didn't help keep it pliable?
As far as the seat heater I don't know. I rode to work at 13 degrees and forgot to take it inside. 8 hrs later when I left for Florida at about 20 degrees it was pretty stiff. With my long underwear,jeans.meshpants with liners & leather snowmobile pants I didn't need it anyway. I just put it in the top case until I came back.

Dave Selvig
2004 Black LT
2000 Canon Red LT

post #40 of 45 Old Jul 31st, 2009, 9:30 pm

4 years.. can't stand it anymore...

Kontour process begun.
post #41 of 45 Old Jul 31st, 2009, 11:39 pm

Good for you. Are you getting the new material? (larger holes?)
post #42 of 45 Old Aug 2nd, 2009, 1:20 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricSuz
Good for you. Are you getting the new material? (larger holes?)
The new material - Polar Mesh - is a polyester hydrophobic knit. The older fabric, Alcantara, was a spun fabric with perforations.

Even though Alcantara was an absolutely excellent fabric especially compared to leather or vinyl the new stuff is amazing.

PM'd you also.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2972.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	23936  

"Like Butt-ahh!"
post #43 of 45 Old Aug 2nd, 2009, 11:05 pm

Thanks for the answer, Ron!

Eric.. should be even cooler!!!
post #44 of 45 Old Aug 3rd, 2009, 5:03 pm

Quote:
For the price vs. comfort, I went with a Bead Rider. I could not believe how much air it allowed to flow under my rump and legs! It also took care on the "monkey" butt problem by alleviating pressure points.

2003 Black
K1200LTC

Garmin 450
XM Radio
Video Camera Mount
Fender Mount Driving Lights
Autocom Super Pro AVi
Saddlebag LED Lights

Bakup Backrest
Grip Puppies
VStream Windscreen
Muth Mirrors
2008 Bushtec

post #45 of 45 Old Aug 3rd, 2009, 5:29 pm

I just came off of an 8,600 mile road trip out west - through Death Valley and other very hot areas while using a sheep skin on my 09 LT stock seat. I swear that this is the way to go. I have also used the bead cover and was not very impressed - it caused another kind of hurt.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in