BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Brake lines

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  hallzee 
#1 ·
Changed my brake lines today. I put in a set from Spiegler. They were pretty straight forward to change. As soeone else mentioned, the bracket on the RH fork for the junction block is a tad too narrow for the replacement block. Since it is made of aluminum I just filed off some material from the new block and it fit like a glove.
One thing I didn't see mentioned were the clamps for the rear hose. The hose is too small to be held in them securely. I took some 5/16" fuel hose and cut it to about 1 inch long and slit it up the length. I slipped it over the Spiegler hose and it snapped into the clamps perfectly.
Lots of bleeding later and I had fully functional leak free brake hoses. Also changed the brake pads while I was there.

#6 ·
Morley said:
One thing I didn't see mentioned were the clamps for the rear hose. The hose is too small to be held in them securely. I took some 5/16" fuel hose and cut it to about 1 inch long and slit it up the length. I slipped it over the Spiegler hose and it snapped into the clamps perfectly.
+1; I did the axact same thing for mine, worked very well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.