Another Satisfied New Owner - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Jul 23rd, 2009, 10:08 am Thread Starter

Another Satisfied New Owner

I posted a thread a few weeks ago asking advice on the BMW LT and the transition from an HD Ultra Classic. All of your responses and comments were most helpful in my final decision to purchase a new 09 LT.

I'd also like to share an e-mail I had to send to a Club in belong to, which is a North American Only Police/Fire Club... figure it'll give some incite as to why I NEEDED to get away from HD!!!

Read and enjoy!

"Sorry I missed the meeting, but I was out of town traveling for work. As you can see, I'm not on my long ride out to the West Coast; which was supposed to leave on July 6th. Why you ask? I think you can pretty much guess why?

YEP - that P.O.S. bike broke down again for the same problem I had with it in May. It brokedown 3 weeks before we were scheduled to leave - plenty of time to fix it right? NOPE!!! The Stealership had it AGAIN for three weeks (actually make that 2 weeks, after I called and had to remind them that they had my bike). So three weeks later, and one week past the time we were supposed to leave, they fix the bike. Why won't it start again? The cause is - BAD STARTER!!!
So I ask, could this be why it had a hard time starting in May when I brought it in? They say it probably was the start of it going bad, but this time it actually broke!!

So then I ask, so I didn't need the $1200.00 in parts, not covered by warranty that I was charged in May, to fix THE HEAT ISSUE that was the cause at the time!! (For those reading, I was told that the engine has generating to much heat, which in turn was causing to much pressure in the rear cylinder - preventing the piston from reach the top during in the combustion cycle)

Their response - probably!!!!!

PROBABLY!!!! they just "kinda" admitted to charging me for parts and labor i probably didn't need!!!

So, suffice it to say - I sold that piece of shit back to the dealership under their buyback program, and the result is I WILL NOT be buying another Harley for the foreseeable future . Hence why this e-mail is addressed to the two of you as President and Vice Prez of the club. I am in the process of buying an 09 BMW K1200LT touring bike, which is not North American nor a V-Twin. As I will no longer be in "regs" with the by-laws, I wanted to let the two of you know this first before dropping it unexpectedly on the club as a whole."

I have had my new LT for about 3 days. I thought I may have had some separation anxiety, but after 500 miles of far - I LOVE THIS BIKE!!

Thanks again to everyone who voiced an opinion.

Kenny Myers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Jul 23rd, 2009, 10:21 am

Re: Another Satisfied New Owner

Let me guess was the club's initials IP? If it is and you're still a member, ride the LT to a meeting and watch what happens.

Just look for Blue Knights chapter then!

Chris Ehlbeck
2002 BMW K1200LTE Toscana Green Retired with 85,391 miles
2014 BMW R1200RT Quartz Blue Metallic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 Old Jul 23rd, 2009, 10:24 am

Wow, that sucks! Mind you no bike is perfect but IMHO the K1200 is as good as it gets! Welcome to the club and enjoy the ride!

Dan Levesque
Cold Lake, Alberta

07 LT (w/many "farkles")
+ matching Unigo Trailer
CCR'09

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 Old Jul 24th, 2009, 8:58 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueknightga6
Let me guess was the club's initials IP? If it is and you're still a member, ride the LT to a meeting and watch what happens.

Just look for Blue Knights chapter then!

More like the initials of IW. . . but you're on the right track. I'll be riding it to the August meeting for sure.
post #5 of 5 Old Jul 24th, 2009, 11:28 pm

Sounds very similar to the IP then. Who for some reason most seem to go out of their way to appear like 1%ers. You'd never know they were police officers and firefighters by looking at them. It makes me wonder what agencies they work for at times. I know of one who is a nice, friendly guy. Then when I started riding again and was on a Suzuki Boulevard he didn't want to talk to me at an event. It's even worse now that I'm on a BMW! And the Suzuki was even a Harley-A-Like. Admittedly there are some like that in the Blue Knights but we don't make you "earn" your colors. You've already earned by your job. After I got the K12LT about the worse I got was "Why didn't you buy a Harley?" and "Well at least you didn't buy a Vision!"

Enjoy the bike though

Chris Ehlbeck
2002 BMW K1200LTE Toscana Green Retired with 85,391 miles
2014 BMW R1200RT Quartz Blue Metallic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in