Soft bag for passenger's seat - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old Jul 17th, 2009, 7:13 pm Thread Starter

Soft bag for passenger's seat

I'd like to be able to attach a 51L waterproof soft bag to the passenger's seat. However, where do you suggest that I attached the ROK straps? I don't want to drill any holes into the bike.

Thanks,
Paul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Jul 17th, 2009, 7:20 pm
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car

Re: Soft bag for passenger's seat

If the straps are long enough... Take rear seat off, run straps under so they come out in front & behind the rear seat. Reinstall seat. When not in use tuck rear straps behind seat & front under front seat.

Stevie Shreeve
post #3 of 7 Old Jul 17th, 2009, 7:34 pm

There is always the 'Strap and Go' that Raffy sells. I'm not sure where you could put the ROK straps. There is really nothing close by that or with enough clearance to use for tie down points.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bmwlt.com lately????

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."

post #4 of 7 Old Jul 17th, 2009, 8:18 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnapinn
If the straps are long enough... Take rear seat off, run straps under so they come out in front & behind the rear seat. Reinstall seat. When not in use tuck rear straps behind seat & front under front seat.

This is exactly the method I use. Has come in handy on several shopping trips.

John

2004 - LT - Anthracite
post #5 of 7 Old Jul 17th, 2009, 9:23 pm
Senior Member (ret.)

Thanks Steve (R):

The Strap & Go does exactly what katnapinn and bowlesj mention. Plus you can leave them on the bike and they are secured via the top case bolts.

I'm biased since it was my design after I futzzed with the Helen2Wheels straps.

Gene DeSantis from http://www.desantisholster.com/ (holsters, bags, tactical gear) makes them for me and packages them under his name.

Attached is the installation document and pictures.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Attached Files
File Type: doc StrapGo resized pics.doc (38.5 KB, 66 views)

Raffy
post #6 of 7 Old Jul 18th, 2009, 8:30 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulcibulka
I'd like to be able to attach a 51L waterproof soft bag to the passenger's seat. However, where do you suggest that I attached the ROK straps? I don't want to drill any holes into the bike.

Thanks,
Paul
Paul... I use the Helen2Wheels straps made for the K1200LT. The straps can be threaded underneath the topcase between the space that is between the bolts that secure the top case. Maybe you can do something similar. Attached are pictures also showing the H2W strap extenders.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3218.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	23782   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3216.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	23783  

Jim S.
'07 SturmGrau K1200LT

ďNot all those who wander are lost.Ē

Last edited by jhsonderb; Jul 18th, 2009 at 8:37 am.
post #7 of 7 Old Jul 18th, 2009, 12:32 pm

For long trips where I need more storage than just the side cases and top case, and where I figger I'll be overnighting somewhere, I use Velcro One-Straps and a Pilot's luggage piece on wheels. The Pilot's case holds all my stuff that I would need for an overnight stay in either a B&B or motel. The rest of the carried stuff stays secure in the cases and trunk.

I open the trunk top and lay a strip of One-Wrap at the hinges - long enough to go around the Pilot's case, which stands at the pillion's seat and against the backrest. Close the trunk, which secures the One-Wrap; place the Pilot's case on the seat; and wrap the One-Wrap strip around it, cinching it down and overlapping by nearly a foot or more. Been doing this on long trips for the past 9 years and still use the same strip of Velcro. The Pilot's case opens from the top, under the extendable grab handle -- easy to gain entrance at a stop if I need to add anythang, or remove anythang. In addition, there are side pockets on the case, to hold bottled drink or fiber bars, or sun lotion, etc, and a front panel for storing a set of Frogg Toggs or sumpthin' foldable. Works for me - ymmv.

Last edited by Dick; Jul 18th, 2009 at 12:33 pm. Reason: Added link.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in