Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Morton Grove, IL, USA
Front Brakes, Aftermarket?
A couple of parts here.
(ref. 2002 K1200 LT, Integral ABS, 75k miles - only the last 5k is ours)
1. Anyone know what the spec for the rotor thickness is on the front end of an LT?
2. Any ideas why the rotors would wear out in only 75k? We're told that people have well over 100k with no such issues. (BTW, the person who told us that ours were at the minimum could also be wrong rendering this whole thread largely irrelevant)
3. We've heard people discuss the front rotor float... Is this something that you can feel if you grab the rotors by hand and try and move them? Ours don't seem to budge.
4. Anyone have any experience with ABM Rotors and Carbone Lorraine Pads? (Beemerboneyard)
5. Is there a rotor by EBC and which pads would work? We hear talk of EBC all the time but haven't heard any specifics.
David (Travis) and Sydney