TurnSmart Turn Signal Mirrors - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old May 31st, 2009, 10:01 pm Thread Starter

TurnSmart Turn Signal Mirrors

I bought a pair of TurnSmart Turn Signal mirrors for my LT and installed them per the instructions (which were simple and clear) then went for a long ride. Big Deal you say?
They are wireless, have 4 bright LEDS on each one, and they are solar powered, with the added ability to charge the internal batteries with a cigarette lighter charger (included). The kit comes with everything needed, even a test light to find the turn signal wires on the LT. I did not use the Positaps because there isn't enough room between the rear taillight assembly and the housing, so I soldered the connections then wrapped them.
I got caught in 3 really heavy downpours on my test ride and the lights performed well. The traffic on I-80 could see my signals, and cages to my sides were noticing them as well.
The total price was $149.95 plus shipping.
Just go to Google and type in TurnSmart, there are different sites with various prices, so I went to the lowest one.
The mirrors are wideangle and stick to the stock mirrors and provide adequate rearview on the stock mirror as well as wideangle.

At least I thought I was dancing, til someone stepped on my tongue.
2006 Graphite LT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Jun 1st, 2009, 12:54 am

Re: TurnSmart Turn Signal Mirrors

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting...holy $hit...what a ride"-Mavis Leyrer
Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you. John Stienbeck
08 CanAm Spyder "Fast Truck"(Wifes')
08 Kawasaki KLR 650 "Lil Dirt Truck"
05 K1200Lt "Lt Truck"
05 Piaggio X9 Reveloution "Lil Truck"

97 International 4700 "Big Truck"

AMA Life Member
BMWMOA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 4 Old Jun 1st, 2009, 6:19 am

Wireless? But you soldered the Wires?

Batteries that have to be kept charged?

I will suggest that the Muth sighal mirrors are better (although a little more expensive), and replace the stock glass, not stick on. Adding the weight of another mirror on top of the stock one will likely make it hard to keep adjusted. The ball socket is not always strong enough to keep much additional weight in place when you hit bumps.

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
EX: '01 Black LT, BAT BYKE (Totaled at 110,000 miles)
IBA SS, BB, BBG, 10/10ths.
No bike now, but maybe in the future.

post #4 of 4 Old Jun 1st, 2009, 9:42 pm Thread Starter

I wasn't clear enough about the connections.
the transmitter is wired into the rear turn signal wires, I didn't use the enclosed Posi-taps because there isn't enough room. As for the pictures, go to TurnSmart Turn Signal Mirrors on the Net, instructions, and info is there. The turn signals themselves are solar powered, so no wires, and you also have a wideangle mirror on the rearview.
No problems with removing the mirror or routing wires through the cowling to hook into the signals, and I mounted the transmitter where the cannister used to live.

At least I thought I was dancing, til someone stepped on my tongue.
2006 Graphite LT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in