Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Round Rock, TX, USA
Most of us have a "high resistance" to checking electrical stuff, but I found heating can also be caused by too small a wire for the "load".. If you have created your own wire/connection, might want to ensure the size of the wire is correct.
On my own, I found the wire had flexed to the point it was worn and had reduced in size. That in turn created additional "resistance" and heating of the wire. The socket itself was not warm at the contact points, but closer to the weak point in the wiring.
Bottom line, it's not right for wiring connectors to get hot.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.