BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

2001 K1200LT - Integrated brakes or not?

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Sandback 
#1 ·
Hi,

I discovered the telltale brake fluid dribble at the crimp on my OEM front brake line. The general consensus folks have posted to the forums here is to go with the Spiegler braided lines.

As I ordered from Spiegler, I was asked if I had the integrated or non-integrated brakes. I answered that I thought the Integrated didn't come along until the 2002 model, so I assume that I have the non. The rep told me that there were many 2001s with the integrated lines, and that the dealer could look it up using the VIN.

I then called my local dealer, fed him the VIN, and discovered that it is not as simple as it sounds. The original owner purchased the motorcycle in CA (I am in AK). The local dealer said he couldn't be certain, but he thinks that I have the integrated brakes.

Okay - my confidence is dropping a bit :confused: .

Is there a simple way I can check for myself? Does it matter? I read somewhere here that there is no dofference in the Spiegler kit for integrated vs non, but rather the problems associated with bleeding the brakes afterwards.

Any help/advice will be greatly appreciated.

Scott

See less See more
#3 ·
Dan,

Thanks! I have Brembo on front and back. I had just put EBC pads on the back a week ago, and can say with authority that squeezing the front brake had no impact on the rear wheel spin. Finally, I hear no motor click on with either front or rear brake application.

I ordered the non-integrated kit from Spiegler.

Thanks!

Scott

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.