LT - The Real Deal - Transformer - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old May 26th, 2009, 10:34 pm Thread Starter

A Weekend of Reminders Why I Love My LT

Okay... this is another "oh how I love thee let me count the ways...." thread about my (our) LT(s).

I've been absent from this site for a while... nice to be back... and the sage advice and blogs never cease to nail it..with sound tech feedback, and as always, reminders why we LOVE the beast.
[Editors note: no final drive dramas were considered in the composition of this thread].
So here's my list:

1. Over the Long weekend (Fri-Mon) we saw probably a hundred or so random Harley's or wannabees on the roads along mid-coast Maine.... I saw ONE Blue LT in Brunswick Maine and a dozen or so boxers.

2. You can gracefully roll through the twisties 2-up with enough nimbleness that your butt doesn't pucker or pillion poke your side (and the governor reminds you of your 2-up limits -- governor = lower cowling and center stand pavement kisses) .

3. The ergonomics works great at creating a 'comfortable' riding bubble... light rain or crisp air... pass around and not through you...heated seats(and back rest), grips, cruise control and a pretty awesome audio system make for miles and miles and smiles and smiles....

4. Oh yeah.... there are but a few bikes on the road that you can cruise around at about 4500-5000 RPMs in 5th.... in the road equivalent of a lazy-boy recliner...whilst the remainder are buzzing around in near fetal positions straddling their transformer like beasts..... actually the LT is more like a transformer than the mere bike toys that look like a cartoon transformer--the LT actually Transforms!

5. As much as it's cool to feel the earth vibrate (and your body, too) when 'other' tone deaf bikes are within a mile radius... it's a pleasure being able to have a conversation with your pillion at road speeds, and then, follow a herd of short pipe thumpers into town--in relative stealth--to the pleasure of most onlookers who appreciate the relative calm.... Recalling that famous line from the movie Billy Jack... the LT, "speaks soft and carries a big stick."

6. Art...on two wheels. I was getting my gear off....just outside an art gallery in Wiscasset, Maine on Memorial Day... the proprieter couldnt help but to comment on how beautiful the LT looked.... German engineering at its finest he said (he's not in the FD club--nor am I for that matter). SSShhhhhhh. Ok, I admit, I always look back. The LT is just damned gorgeous. BTW... If you are passing through Wiscasset check out Red's Eats

7. Diversity.... yesterday in another thread I was reminded the LT loves to rev in the 4-6K range.... so after a weekend of lumbering around with the pillion.... I hardly found myself leaving 2nd or 3rd as I sported my way home from work...love that power band.... and she behaves so well....

All in all, I can't imagine there is another 2-wheeled machine that can deliver satisfaction in so many ways in one package. Okay so this time I only counted seven ways I love my (our) LT(s).... I'll work on it.

Robert

Asleepless
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
knight
'03 LTE Titan Silver - Active Duty
'83 VF750F Interceptor White/Red - Retired
'74 MT250 Elsinore Silver - RIP
'72 SL125 Silver - RIP

BMWMOA #143933

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by asleeplessknight; May 26th, 2009 at 10:40 pm. Reason: added name, changed title
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old May 27th, 2009, 3:55 am

Re: A Weekend of Reminders Why I Love My LT

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleeplessknight
1. Over the Long weekend (Fri-Mon) we saw probably a hundred or so random Harley's or wannabees on the roads along mid-coast Maine.... I saw ONE Blue LT in Brunswick Maine and a dozen or so boxers.
I followed a group of 6 HD riders from Mena to DeQueen Monday. I was pleased they were not of the "trailer-and-ride" group and settled into the rear of the pack - until I could safely pass. I enjoyed the throaty growl of the Remus as compared to the "loud pipes save lives" exhausts of those in front.

I was particularly amused during their throttle roll-off during curves; the sound reminded me of Jiffy Pop:

pop-pop pop-pop-pop pop-pop . . . .

Avatar credit: Curtis Callaway, 2009
Rider of Stahlross
1999 Basalt Grey LT
2001 Classic Red Ducati 748
post #3 of 3 Old May 27th, 2009, 12:03 pm

Re: LT - The Real Deal - Transformer

Well said!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in