Resetting TPS - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old May 11th, 2009, 8:39 pm Thread Starter

Resetting TPS

Is there a special tecnique for resetting the TPS on an 04 LT. I have tried numerous times To reset it. I understand you need to turn the ignition key to on then rotate the throttle 3 times. Do you rotate it fast or slow? Then do you turn the ignition off or just start the engine? I have tried both to no avail, help
Thanks, Ron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old May 11th, 2009, 9:06 pm

Re: Resetting TPS

Hey, Ron - what is happening as a result of your TPS procedure?? Or what is NOT happening might be the better question.

Sounds like you're doing it right. Key on - no start. Twist the throttle to wide open and release it. Do that 3 times. Then key off. Then gear up and start the bike using your normal routine and take a short leetle ride. The 'brain' should then have the info to reset your throttle position sensor and you should be good to go.

I might mention that prior to doing this procedure, you should either disconnect the battery for a bit, OR pull the fuse that is designated for the Motronic unit. I'm not sure which one that is on an '04, butt on ole '99 Toad, it's the bottom fuse in the rightmost side fuse box. When hooked back up, the Motronic will now be looking for the new info on the TPS setting

Let us know how it goes.
post #3 of 3 Old May 11th, 2009, 9:10 pm Thread Starter

Re: Resetting TPS

Thanks Dick , I'll try it again. The reason all this started was because I disconnected the battery to get the radio going. So each time I tried resetting I have disconnected the battery. Thanks for your help, I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing a step
Ron

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in