LT Factory Option Xenon from Paris Show 2005 - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old Oct 3rd, 2005, 6:56 pm Thread Starter

Thumbs up LT Factory Option Xenon from Paris Show 2005

Hi,

I visited the Paris Motorcycle show today and took a few pictures of the new HID/Xenon option installed on a 2006. It does not look much different, but rather then "splaining", here are a few pictures of it.

The "Option" price is 360.00 in France.

I also took a picture of the 2007 Wing Prototype, which is below as well, with the built in GPS system.

Stefan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PA030051.JPG
Views:	374
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	85   Click image for larger version

Name:	PA030050.JPG
Views:	261
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	86   Click image for larger version

Name:	PA030049.JPG
Views:	311
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	87   Click image for larger version

Name:	PA030035_resized.JPG
Views:	472
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	88  

Last edited by stefan; Oct 3rd, 2005 at 7:11 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old Oct 3rd, 2005, 7:11 pm

Which button on that Wing is the Auto pilot ?
post #3 of 15 Old Oct 3rd, 2005, 7:18 pm
Just ridin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan
I also took a picture of the 2007 Wing Prototype, which is below as well, with the built in GPS system.

Stefan
And an airbag.

Randy Prade
Aurora, CO

Just ride it!
Meet Riley

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 15 Old Oct 3rd, 2005, 8:08 pm

That works out to $447.00 US dollars, but I wonder if it includes the clear lense, I kinda doubt it...

Can't wait to order, I just hope it will be a relatively easy retrofit for my 01.

"Like Butt-ahh!"
post #5 of 15 Old Oct 3rd, 2005, 8:19 pm
Rider Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy
And an airbag.
Howdy Randy,
I thought it ammusing; Japanese bike at a French show with "AIRBAG" spelled out in English.

I wonder where Honda thinks the real market is?

Bill "Omaha"

"Life may have begun at 44, but it didn't get thrilling until I shot past 100"

'04 K1200LT "Dieter" Titan Silver, FB 4/23/04
'06 K1200R "Wolfgang" White Aluminum Metallic, FB 6/7/05

RCB AMA, BMWMOA, Booze Brother "in training"
CCR: '04 Breckenridge CO, '05 Jackson Lake Lodge WY, '06 Chateau Elan GA, '08 Midway UT

post #6 of 15 Old Oct 4th, 2005, 12:03 am
Bouncer

Stefan,

Any news on the other BMW bikes? The new F800 series? The new K1200GT?
post #7 of 15 Old Oct 4th, 2005, 2:01 am
Wim

Quote:

I visited the Paris Motorcycle show today and took a few pictures of the new HID/Xenon option installed on a 2006. It does not look much different, but rather then "splaining", here are a few pictures of it.

Stefan

Nice pictures Stefan! I don't see anything like a wiper for the light? Isn't that needed? 360.- isn't that much, so I presume it's only Xenon with ballast and nothing else.
Any other changes on the machine?

Wim

k1600gtl midnight blue '11
k1200lt blue '04 Gone
post #8 of 15 Old Oct 4th, 2005, 2:52 am Thread Starter

I did not look at too much else at the BMW "booth" than the LT, due to lack of time. I was parked real bad, if that makes a difference in Paris ;-)

I may go back for another visit during the week and take a closer look.

However, I did check out the new R1200GS HP2, which was nice at a really nice price of almost 18K.

I'll check on the F800 and the K1200GT if I do. Also, the Yamaha FJR1300 now comes with a new transmission where you don't have to pull the clutch to shift.

Kawasaki had a really ugly ZZR1400 bike there as well. Most likely the appearance is not that important because that bike will probably be the fastest one on the roads for some time.

The Wing's GPS set up is really nice and with large controls. It seems to be easy to use the controls even with gloves. No portability though......

Putting tricky things and fun things to have aside for a moment and I am not sure I like all the extra weight it adds. I did not check the weight of the new LT, but the Wing lists 369 kg with all the options.

Other things I noticed that comes to mind:

It seemed to me that the windshield of the LT was somewhat less curved than mine. The center portion of it was really flat.

The Wing still don't have an electrically adjustable windshield (why not??), but the passenger seat seems really cush.

That's it for now. Let me know if there is anything in particular you want me to check if I go back to the show.

Stefan
post #9 of 15 Old Oct 4th, 2005, 5:36 pm

Nice pics indeed !

If you go to that fair once again, could you ask BMW if they confirm that the chrome part for the trunk will be available as a detailed part ? Nice way to improve your french don't you think ??

Cheers,

Pierre-Alain
post #10 of 15 Old Oct 4th, 2005, 6:50 pm Thread Starter

Bien sure. J'irai l demain aprs la visite d'hpital. Tu te joindre ? J'ai le mobile de Jennifer avec moi.

A+

Stefan
post #11 of 15 Old Oct 4th, 2005, 8:12 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonKMiller
I wonder if it includes the clear lense, I kinda doubt it...

Can't wait to order, I just hope it will be a relatively easy retrofit for my 01.
Hey, Ron -- the clear lens and reflector look identical to the '05 headlight -- the HID bulb is probably a drop-in. The good news is this headlight housing is a drop-in into the LT nose fairing. The bad news for the '99-'04 bikes owners: What do you do for a high beam?

This may not be a problem in some places, but here in VA, it's one of the things checked for during the annual safety inspection.

Mark Neblett
Fairfax, VA
post #12 of 15 Old Oct 10th, 2005, 6:58 pm

Quote:
Hi,

=
Stefan
looks like the relector behind the lense is somewhat different than the '05's no?, anyone have a good shot of the'05's

Tom

Tom

'07 GS Adv (mine), '06 GS <(My brides)
(the only bmw's in the stable)
post #13 of 15 Old Oct 10th, 2005, 8:18 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mneblett
annual safety inspection.
What's that ?? Just curious. Do you have to pay for it ? Is it expensive ? Do you have that in every state of the US ?
post #14 of 15 Old Oct 10th, 2005, 9:00 pm

Every state has some type of inspection, but they vary state to state. Many are quite loose, and don't inspect a lot, others are ridiculous in their requirements.

One state I lived in checked tires, headlight aiming, windshield and wipers, brakes, and shocks. They actually pulled a drum for drum brakes to check lining thickness, but disk brakes are easier, only pull the wheels and look at the disks and pad thickness. They actually drove the car over a "speed bump" made for the purpose to check the shocks. If the person doing it feels your shocks need replacing, it gets written up so, and you have to do it somewhere. At least they don't require the station doing the check to do the repairs, removes a little of the incentive to find things wrong which are not.

Then I move to California, where the only thing they check is the anti-pollution equipment (smog check) every two years. You can go into the smog check station with a broken windshield, no wipers, bald tires, and missing shocks, but if it passes smog, you are good to go. STUPID!

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
EX: '01 Black LT, BAT BYKE (Totaled at 110,000 miles)
IBA SS, BB, BBG, 10/10ths.
No bike now, but maybe in the future.
post #15 of 15 Old Oct 10th, 2005, 9:27 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshealey
Every state has some type of inspection, but they vary state to state.
Not Michigan! Zero, zip, nada.
Go figure?

J. Averill Townsend
Bloomfield Hills, MI

IBA# 24374

2002 K1200LTC - Silver
1978 R100/7 - Very, very Black
2004 Bushtec Quantum - Silver, of course...(SOLD)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in