Mirror Help Please! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Jan 21st, 2006, 3:18 pm Thread Starter

Mirror Help Please!

Need a tip on getting the chrome and plastic mount off the glass. OK so my 05 lt went boom Put the side stand down, left the engine running, went back to the shop to close the door, then....I didn't know the side stand does NOT have a dog latch on it like my Electra Glide!!!! I ordered the parts to fix it so I'm trying to get it apart for the repair.

Well, I guess my "dump" was better than having someone else put a ding in my baby cause I'd probably would have killed him, gone to jail, and not be able to ride on!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Jan 21st, 2006, 9:36 pm

OK, trying to cypher through. Sounds like your lady fell off her side stand and you damaged the rearview mirror on the Left side. Right?

Now you've got the parts to affect a repair - minus the glass. You want to remove the glass from the damaged mirror and install it to the new parts.

BUT, you're having a hard time getting the glass out. Right so far?

Tate

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

02 Mauve - my 'Light Truck'
Wyoming Immigration Officer, Cyberhiway tour guide and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 4 Old Jan 21st, 2006, 10:01 pm

Mirror glass removal

place a couple of terry cloth towels on a flat work surface. holding the mirror about a foot above the towels and parallel to the work surface , slam the mirror down on the towels.face down. This will release the mirror clips from the housing. and if you're lucky. The mirror won't break. Hope this helps!

Terry

The beatings will continue untill morale improves.

post #4 of 4 Old Jan 23rd, 2006, 6:47 pm Thread Starter

Thanks for the advise

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrandsan1200
place a couple of terry cloth towels on a flat work surface. holding the mirror about a foot above the towels and parallel to the work surface , slam the mirror down on the towels.face down. This will release the mirror clips from the housing. and if you're lucky. The mirror won't break. Hope this helps!

Terry
Worked like a champ and no damage to the glass! Thank you

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in