BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

radio problems

996 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  K1200LT-TH 
#1 ·
hi, any advice would be much appritiated, i put a new battery in, and my radio no longer works, i'm not sure if the two are related or if its just coincedense. when i press the radio on button, the panel lights up, but no display appears....normally it comes up "bmw" and so on......
thanks in advance !!!

#6 ·
The radio has more than one power source so pulling the main radio fuse will not reset the radio. The best option is to disconnect the negative battery cable for about 30 minutes. Be sure to reset the throttle position sensor when you reconnect the battery.

#7 ·
The right front speaker on my "05 LT remains silent regardless of adjustment settings of "front-rear, left-right, treble-base", etc. while the other three speakers respond accordingly.
Unless there's a open circuit or faulty connector plug somewhere in the power going to that particular speaker, I'm guessing the next step is to dig in and find the right front speaker.
So is the preferred route of access from the inst. panel on downward, or by removing the tupperware from below the right handlebar / headlight area and going in from the bottom upward?

Must a replacement speaker be an exact BMW issued or will there be values stamped on that speaker that will allow me to find a suitable substitute?

Is it possible to receive NOAA weather broadcasts on this radio???

#8 ·
thanks again for the help!!! i disconnected the ground to the battery for a while, and when i hooked it back up, the radio/cd worked. any clues as to why i had this issue? i've had the battery out before w/out any problem......
thanks again folks!!!!
izzi....

#9 ·
y4me said:
The right front speaker on my "05 LT remains silent regardless of adjustment settings of "front-rear, left-right, treble-base", etc. while the other three speakers respond accordingly.
Unless there's a open circuit or faulty connector plug somewhere in the power going to that particular speaker, I'm guessing the next step is to dig in and find the right front speaker.
So is the preferred route of access from the inst. panel on downward, or by removing the tupperware from below the right handlebar / headlight area and going in from the bottom upward?

Must a replacement speaker be an exact BMW issued or will there be values stamped on that speaker that will allow me to find a suitable substitute?

Is it possible to receive NOAA weather broadcasts on this radio???

Hi guys
I have similar situation, but 3 of 4 my speakers do not work,, but they are not silent either they are making annoying cracking sound.
I did disconnect battery as instructed in earlier topics with out any success.
First minus then plus cable, then after an hr, connected them back in reverse order, no success, still making cracking sound and no music coming out, any idea for this?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.