radio problems - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old Apr 18th, 2009, 7:26 pm Thread Starter

radio problems

hi, any advice would be much appritiated, i put a new battery in, and my radio no longer works, i'm not sure if the two are related or if its just coincedense. when i press the radio on button, the panel lights up, but no display appears....normally it comes up "bmw" and so on......
thanks in advance !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old Apr 18th, 2009, 7:44 pm

Re: radio problems

Try pulling the fuse to the radio and replying power to bike. Turn power off and re-insert fuse. This have worked several time for me.

Gene

05 Ocean Blue K1200LT
08 Maroon Suzuki C109R
post #3 of 9 Old Apr 18th, 2009, 7:48 pm Thread Starter

thank you Gene......i'll give it a try, one more piece of advice first though....where the heck is the fuse to the radio? lol
thanks again!!

post #4 of 9 Old Apr 18th, 2009, 7:56 pm

I'm not sure which fuse, without look at the bike or manual. But, the fuse box is locate on the right side under the passenger seat. If you have the manual, it will show you which one.

Gene

05 Ocean Blue K1200LT
08 Maroon Suzuki C109R
post #5 of 9 Old Apr 18th, 2009, 8:03 pm Thread Starter

thanks again Gene!!!
and no, i'm not gonna ask where the passengers seat is........lol !!!
izzi
post #6 of 9 Old Apr 18th, 2009, 9:05 pm

The radio has more than one power source so pulling the main radio fuse will not reset the radio. The best option is to disconnect the negative battery cable for about 30 minutes. Be sure to reset the throttle position sensor when you reconnect the battery.

Res ipsa loquitur, sed quid in infernos dicet?

Alan Stuber
2003 K1200 LTC Titan Silver
Austin, Texas

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 9 Old Apr 18th, 2009, 11:44 pm

The right front speaker on my "05 LT remains silent regardless of adjustment settings of "front-rear, left-right, treble-base", etc. while the other three speakers respond accordingly.
Unless there's a open circuit or faulty connector plug somewhere in the power going to that particular speaker, I'm guessing the next step is to dig in and find the right front speaker.
So is the preferred route of access from the inst. panel on downward, or by removing the tupperware from below the right handlebar / headlight area and going in from the bottom upward?

Must a replacement speaker be an exact BMW issued or will there be values stamped on that speaker that will allow me to find a suitable substitute?

Is it possible to receive NOAA weather broadcasts on this radio???
post #8 of 9 Old Apr 19th, 2009, 7:31 pm Thread Starter

thanks again for the help!!! i disconnected the ground to the battery for a while, and when i hooked it back up, the radio/cd worked. any clues as to why i had this issue? i've had the battery out before w/out any problem......
thanks again folks!!!!
izzi....
post #9 of 9 Old Apr 19th, 2009, 8:14 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by y4me
The right front speaker on my "05 LT remains silent regardless of adjustment settings of "front-rear, left-right, treble-base", etc. while the other three speakers respond accordingly.
Unless there's a open circuit or faulty connector plug somewhere in the power going to that particular speaker, I'm guessing the next step is to dig in and find the right front speaker.
So is the preferred route of access from the inst. panel on downward, or by removing the tupperware from below the right handlebar / headlight area and going in from the bottom upward?

Must a replacement speaker be an exact BMW issued or will there be values stamped on that speaker that will allow me to find a suitable substitute?

Is it possible to receive NOAA weather broadcasts on this radio???

Hi guys
I have similar situation, but 3 of 4 my speakers do not work,, but they are not silent either they are making annoying cracking sound.
I did disconnect battery as instructed in earlier topics with out any success.
First minus then plus cable, then after an hr, connected them back in reverse order, no success, still making cracking sound and no music coming out, any idea for this?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in