Who holds the record for NOT dropping an LT? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 68 Old Apr 17th, 2009, 5:51 pm Thread Starter

Who holds the record for NOT dropping an LT?

During "normal" operations? In over 150K on two LT's I've not done it YET...

Full disclosure on my three "horizontal excursions":

I got it high centered one time on a rock on an off road 4X4 trail I had absolutely no business being on and s l o w l y laid it over while stationary with no damage.

It got violently blown over unattended one time during a performance award ceremony officiated by the State Patrol in Northern Arizona.

I also had it sink into hot asphalt one time unattended while I watched from a restaurant booth. It happened so slowly I thought I was having a flash back to the 70's from some bad acid. Either that or it was from Grif farting. Same effect: drain bamage. I - of course - own an official black BMW plastic kick stand pad designed to eliminate this.

No cheaters.

Tell the truth dammit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Utah vacation pictures 107.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	22657  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Like Butt-ahh!"

Last edited by RonKMiller; Apr 17th, 2009 at 6:39 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 68 Old Apr 17th, 2009, 6:14 pm

Re: Who holds the record for NOT dropping an LT?

Not me. Stopped at street edge to get something out of one of the bags, got the side stand just a little behind the stop, and over it went after I stepped off. The side stand makes an oxymoron of the phrase "German engineering." This is just a small part of the reason mine is on Craigs List after only five hundred miles.
post #3 of 68 Old Apr 17th, 2009, 6:18 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonKMiller
During "normal" operations? In over 150K on two LT's I've not done it YET...

(Full disclosure: I got it high centered one time on a rock on an off road 4X4 trail I had absolutely no business being on and s l o w l y laid if over while stationary with no damage, and it got violently blown over unattended one time during a performance award ceremony officiated by the State Patrol in Northern Arizona.)

No cheaters.

Tell the truth dammit.
No record here, only 10K miles. However, no drops of any kind (dynamic or static) to date. Ask me again in 10 years...

2017 KLR650 "Mule"
2007 K1200LT "Starship Enterprise", VOICE II, Navigator V, Motorrad Communicator
1987 Kawasaki Voyager XII
1976 Kawasaki KH400
1973 Kawasaki 100 G5
1970 Rockford Chibi (the orange one)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 68 Old Apr 17th, 2009, 6:20 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierHugh
Not me. Stopped at street edge to get something out of one of the bags, got the side stand just a little behind the stop, and over it went after I stepped off. The side stand makes an oxymoron of the phrase "German engineering." This is just a small part of the reason mine is on Craigs List after only five hundred miles.
I guess its safe to assume you're not very fond of the LT..... ...but look at it this way: you may have set a new record anyway!

"Like Butt-ahh!"
post #5 of 68 Old Apr 17th, 2009, 6:23 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
What are the other reasons besides you not knowing how to use a side stand?

2017 KLR650 "Mule"
2007 K1200LT "Starship Enterprise", VOICE II, Navigator V, Motorrad Communicator
1976 Kawasaki KH400
1973 Kawasaki 100 G5

post #6 of 68 Old Apr 17th, 2009, 6:32 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager
What are the other reasons besides you not knowing how to use a side stand?
I believe we call that a "ZINGER"!

"Like Butt-ahh!"
post #7 of 68 Old Apr 17th, 2009, 6:40 pm

I have never dropped my LT in 2009.
post #8 of 68 Old Apr 17th, 2009, 6:40 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
I believe we call that a "ZINGER"!
The wink was included to indicate that it was a friendly zinger!

2017 KLR650 "Mule"
1976 Kawasaki KH400
1973 Kawasaki 100 G5

post #9 of 68 Old Apr 17th, 2009, 6:45 pm
IBR# 366

Garage

My '99 (27K miles) and my '02 (97 K miles) each fell over once, both times while parked. Never while riding, although the big beast does get heavy at times, especially after 20 hours in the saddle. I solved that problem by losing 200 lbs and gaining 50 HP with the GT.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #10 of 68 Old Apr 17th, 2009, 6:52 pm

DAMN!! I shouldn't have opened this thread! Now it's inevitable that I will drop her....
post #11 of 68 Old Apr 17th, 2009, 8:05 pm

I dropped her once in about 40k of riding. My wife was on the back and quickly jerked to the right and down she went. Other than that - NO droppings! (knock on wood)
post #12 of 68 Old Apr 17th, 2009, 8:13 pm

There are those that have . . . and those that will.

Threads like this are a jinx. Once you start talking about it, you think about it; your mind obsesses about the topic, causing constant worry about dropping her at the stop light. Your hopes are that your foot won't slip on the oil puddle beneath your foot; a gust of wind may catch you off-guard; your bride/SO might make a sudden adjustment in the saddle at low speed and you anticipate her/his movement.

Worry, fretting, worry, fretting . . . . oh crap! I just heard a loud noise in the garage! BRB!!!

Avatar credit: Curtis Callaway, 2009
Rider of Stahlross
1999 Basalt Grey LT
2001 Classic Red Ducati 748
post #13 of 68 Old Apr 17th, 2009, 8:18 pm

First time.. about 3600 miles.. a month of riding.. brakes failed, eased to ground rather than traffic

Second time.. about 20k miles, I was extremely tired... pulled into my driveway and as I pushed bar to straighten bike I tapped front brake

Third time... about 30k miles... lost it on an unmaintained sand road that had been washed out.
post #14 of 68 Old Apr 17th, 2009, 8:31 pm

Garage

OK I'm the one!!! One LT over 150K and it only took me the first stop before I was calling for HELP, "The whale is on it's side" hehe; as a Rider Coach I tell my students " if you don't want to drop your bike stay out of parking lots" So do it and get it over with....

Bill Jennings, fhp
Denison, TX

BMW States
BMW years and miles, 32 years 500K+

AMA, CMA, IBA, POG, MSF, FHP, etc

'99 K1200lt
'76 R900/6
Various Vintage Dirt Bikes
-Greeves (Sold), Pentons, Hodaka, etc.

Remember you are not lost till you run out of gas!
post #15 of 68 Old Apr 17th, 2009, 8:43 pm

Garage

OK I'm the one!!! One LT over 150K and it only took me the first stop before I was calling for HELP, "The whale is on it's side" hehe; as a Rider Coach I tell my students " if you don't want to drop your bike stay out of parking lots" So do it and get it over with....

Bill Jennings, fhp
Denison, TX

BMW States
BMW years and miles, 32 years 500K+

AMA, CMA, IBA, POG, MSF, FHP, etc

'99 K1200lt
'76 R900/6
Various Vintage Dirt Bikes
-Greeves (Sold), Pentons, Hodaka, etc.

Remember you are not lost till you run out of gas!
post #16 of 68 Old Apr 17th, 2009, 9:03 pm

I didn't drop mine today.
Bob, 00 Leaky Type

"He was a foul caricature of himself, a man with no soul, no inner convictions, with the integrity of a hyena, and the style of a poison toad." H. S. Thompson
post #17 of 68 Old Apr 17th, 2009, 9:40 pm

A Liar.
post #18 of 68 Old Apr 17th, 2009, 9:44 pm

Quote:

Yep, there it is in Evansville, IN, Craiglist. 2002 $9500 and 6K miles. He says he's to old to drive it. I had to check 'cause I didn't understand if he was selling the bike or the side stand. Also I haven't dropped mine in at least 2 months.
post #19 of 68 Old Apr 18th, 2009, 6:36 am Thread Starter

I think Ken's the clear leader so far, since I was riding during my high center and controlled "flop over".

I am SO tempted to get a 1300GT and lose 200 lbs. of phat.....

"Like Butt-ahh!"
post #20 of 68 Old Apr 18th, 2009, 7:23 am
Cooler on the east coast!!!

One time so far
Costly one though, first week I had it getting ready for a ride put it on the side stand went into the house to clean off the sunny's and came out to find her napping
New windshield, windshield operator, repaired and painted top case, oh and only 220 mile on the odometer.
Never used the side stand since!

G-Glove
2003 Silver LTC
post #21 of 68 Old Apr 18th, 2009, 9:04 am

Once so far, at at gas station. Turning to pull up next to the pump and hit the front brake. Once she starts over all I can do is attempt to make it a gentle landing. No real damage done and a buddy helped me get her up before others noticed.

Have a great ride,

David
Dallas, TX
2006 K1200GT
BMWMOA 142756
post #22 of 68 Old Apr 18th, 2009, 9:13 am

Smile Re: Who holds the record for NOT dropping an LT?

I have Never dropped my 05 LT..........Matter of fact I have never dropped any bike while riding it in over 35 years of riding.

47+ Yrs Daily Motorcycle Street riding for Therapy

2012 Victory Cross Country Tour

2007 Black Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - Sold
2007 Red Moto Guzzi Norge 1200 - Sold
2005 LT Dark Graphite - (Sold)
2005 PearlBlue FJR1300 (Sold)
3 BMW's, 8 HD baggers, 3 Goldwings & 860K + miles later
*Ridin steady since 1973

post #23 of 68 Old Apr 18th, 2009, 10:16 am

Does almost dropping it from 30+ inches in the air off the front of my lift last night count?
I just got a new lift and was trying it out. This one tool transformed my garage into my Man Cave! Had only raised it up and down a few times.

I was not paying attention and released the lift too quickly which kind of bounced it which also bounced my LT. The LT popped off the center stand, rolled forward until the front tire rolled off the lift and it hung up on my skid plate and the hold down straps. When that happened I think I "passed a few bricks"!

My teen daughter in her own way asked, "is it supposed to do that?" Luckily got it down after piling a few bags of 25# shot and having her sit on the back of the lift to offset the forward weight.

Other than that, I've dropped many motorcycles in Motor Training! Probably 25 times the first days!
post #24 of 68 Old Apr 18th, 2009, 5:34 pm

You have heard it before.. I lost the shock bolt on the upper rear and the second turn into a gas station, I was confronted with two members Of AARP riding bicycles, which stopped into my path, which made me find out what turning and braking at 5 MPH on an inclined parking lot will do..

The only thing good about that is the bolt fell out completely and made me wonder what the heck that was.... I could not find out where this thing belonged.

MY harley partner that rode all the way from Texas said it was probably from some foreign car... Initially I paused and decided it would be a good souvenir instead...
So I tossed it into the trunk and found out after dragging center stand in the corners thru three states that it belonged to the upper shock mount in Illinois....

SO I did it the in the first 2 miles...

Second time my friend, when she was driving my truck, made the comment ( I shoulda seen this coming- GUys!) " ya know that bike matches your truck perfectly". I got on my bike and put the helmet on, cliked the starter switch and looked left to see my tailights about 10 inches from me- WHAM...

Not as good as the stand story, but it is my story and I am sticking to it...

OK so ya heard it before...

Next time I will just say- I remember when....

Don't be afraid to say what you feel, as those that matter DOnt mind and those that mind Dont matter.
Dr.Suess-
-

1980 YAMAHA XJ650 MAXIM (RIP)
1982 YAMAHA 750 VIRAGO (SHES GONE)
1982 SUZUKI GS1000 (GONE)
2001 BMW K1200LT
2004 BMW R 1150 RT Sold.....
2007 BMW R 1200 GS
1986 BMW K100RT WITH A FLEXIT SIDECAR

1985 BMW K100 RT ( parts bike, but its too nice to do that, so it runs)
post #25 of 68 Old Apr 18th, 2009, 7:56 pm

not since this afternoon...noticed her sinking into the gravel of the driveway so I muscled her back up, drove forward a few feet and put her back down...without the side stand deployed...nice and gentle, I don't think this one counts.

Ron

2008 RT
2002 LT champagne
2003 Shadow
1986 Yamaha 500
1981 Honda Twinstar
post #26 of 68 Old Apr 19th, 2009, 1:04 am

Quote:
During "normal" operations?

I also had it sink into hot asphalt one time unattended while I watched from a restaurant booth. It happened so slowly I thought I was having a flash back to the 70's from some bad acid.

Tell the truth dammit. [/i][/b]
This sounds interesting. Care to elaborate?
I know, I know....we've all been rehabilitated since then.

BMW 1200 LTC 2002

Illinois...The Only State Where The Governors Make The License Plates
post #27 of 68 Old Apr 19th, 2009, 3:18 am

Normal operation, 60K later, nope................

John
Florida
2004 BMW R1150R Black
Contact me 4 motor training 1&1
Expert witness in motorcycle crash reconstruction (Contact me)
post #28 of 68 Old Apr 19th, 2009, 5:32 am

..00 Red Canyon 60K, still stand vertically ..actually, I have never drooped anything since 1975, my 1973 Honda 175cc .....
post #29 of 68 Old Apr 19th, 2009, 8:32 am

I've had my 04 LT for 10 days and haven't dropped it yet, Can't say the same for my wing
post #30 of 68 Old Apr 19th, 2009, 8:57 am

Thumbs up Re: Who holds the record for NOT dropping an LT?

three years, 30K miles, zero drops.
so far so good.
post #31 of 68 Old Apr 19th, 2009, 9:54 am

At 8000miles, came to a stop at a major intersection. Put my foot down, gravel on rode where my foot rested, foot slipped, bike was going down. With all my might I wasn't going to let the bike go down, bike won.
post #32 of 68 Old Apr 19th, 2009, 10:01 am

I've had mine for 10 months. Riding slow leaving the driveway...saw a pretty neighbor...said hello and dropped her. The neighbor helped me pick it up.
post #33 of 68 Old Apr 19th, 2009, 10:29 am

Bought my LT last July and havn't dropped it yet.
My last drop was about 45 years ago when I took my 77 kawasaki 1000LTD on a grassy slope and tried to get up a very damp hill............wrong choice!! I had to let her down easy but pulled every tendon in my left arm trying to do so and then trying to get it back up. Finally someone came along to help. That was my last drop. I understand the problems with the LT and that makes me very careful with the slow speed parking lot manouvers, and the front brake.
Spring is here and what a blast driving this beast. People roll down their windows at red lights to compliment me on what a nice looking bike I have. Makes me feel good about the choice I made to buy it.

Have a great riding season!
Jim.

1953 Ariel 350
1970 Norton Commando
1975 Honda Excel 250
1977 Kawasaki Z1000 LT
1985 Honda V65 Magna
1989 Yamaha Venture Royalle
2006 BMW K1200 LT
post #34 of 68 Old Apr 19th, 2009, 1:56 pm
Wrencher Extraordinaire

Bought her in June of 04 and never dropped her until...

Saturday and with the wife on board. Stopped in a lot just off the Cherohala Skyway in front of our favorite eatery only to see it up for sale. Lead bike swoops a U turn from the lot onto the two lane headed back to Tellico Plains. I look left, then look right and begin the lean as I looked left again there was a car out of nowhere. Grabbed brake rather than throttle and oh so slowly she went over. Wife did a four point and I staggered away. No one hurt and picked her up with minimal marks. I was convinced I would never drop her, now I am relieved that it is over with.

John
2009 K1300GT Red Rocket
2009 R1200GS (Gone)
2005 K1200LT Ocean Blue Blue Wizard 110 K and counting...
2006 Bushtec Turbo+2 Spell
2004 330 Ci Convertable
K4AN

Have ridden a Motorcycle in all 48
But lack DE, MA, RI and CT with the 2005 LT

post #35 of 68 Old Apr 19th, 2009, 3:07 pm
Ted

No drops yet - purchased July 2003 and have about 56K miles to date.

It rolled off the sidestand once - I was able to grab it - however gravity was winning and if my wife wasn't nearby to help I would have not been able to hold on and it would have fallen.

Ted

Camarillo, CA
2012 Ducati Multistrada 1200S - Red
2007 R1200S - Black - Sold
2003 K1200LTC - Silver - Sold
IBA# 16554

post #36 of 68 Old Apr 19th, 2009, 7:58 pm

Dropped my 350 CL in '78 and didn't drop another bike till Oct. 2008 - 2 weeks after I bought this scoot. Of course I hadn't ridden since '79. This was my re-entry. I love it.
post #37 of 68 Old Apr 22nd, 2009, 1:08 pm

2 LTs - a 99 with 40k miles. no horizontality, in either normal or abnormal operation. ;-)

current ride, a 2000, puchased with 7k and now sitting at 54k miles.

net/net - 99 till 09 - 87k miles, no drops, crashes, low sides, fall overs, tip overs, broken stands, perambulating reframulators or flux capacitors.

knocking on (wooden) head. YMMV. ;-)

g.

greg shamieh boof # 93 k-whiner # 83
jefferson, maryland

2000 K1200LT --- "darkside"
75R90S -- "esssss"
73R75/5 -- "mojo"
post #38 of 68 Old Apr 23rd, 2009, 1:36 am

I have NEVER dropped Miss Aubergine! Not in the whole time I've owned her.

Alright. Partial disclosure: Just got her home from the dealer approx. 50 miles part of which I rode 2 up! On her maiden voyage no less! Never even came close to lettin' her lay over. Easy as pie. Can't figure why everone has so much trouble with 'em flopping over.

Alright. Full disclosure: Hannigan sidecar might have helped!

What a machine! Much more difficult (effort wise) to steer the thing than I expected. I'm looking forward to the day I'm brave enough to take the training wheel off and luxuriate in her sportbike handling characteristics in the twisties!

WAK1200LT
Loren

Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui
post #39 of 68 Old Apr 23rd, 2009, 5:35 am

not sure that I understand the question, or what business it is of yours...

I can with out a doubt remember that I have not this year !!!!

Loansumrider: Jim
01 LT Fast Pacific Blue ... " The Goose "

? when to ASUME, and HOW MUCH should you ASUME, safely ?
post #40 of 68 Old Apr 23rd, 2009, 3:20 pm

For me it has been only 1 month so far, but I have already had some close calls. I don't know what is more dangerous, constantly thinking about it, or clearing your mind of it completely.

BTW, I don't understand these "front brake" references for the 2002 and newer bikes. Don't all 2002 and newer LTs have fully interlinked abs brakes, so it should not matter whether you pull the handle or push on the pedal? Please correct me if I am wrong, but I seems to get the same dive either way.

Ben Cohen
VA Tags BMW LT
2002 K1200LT in black and Chrome
post #41 of 68 Old Apr 23rd, 2009, 9:31 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford1604
I've had mine for 10 months. Riding slow leaving the driveway...saw a pretty neighbor...said hello and dropped her. The neighbor helped me pick it up.
This is one way to pick up ladies!

Mike
In the frozen tundra
2003 Impala Brown LT

2001 Suzuki RM250
2000 FZR1000
1984 Honda Sabre
1984 KDX 200
post #42 of 68 Old Apr 23rd, 2009, 9:34 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaBeachLT
BTW, I don't understand these "front brake" references for the 2002 and newer bikes. Don't all 2002 and newer LTs have fully interlinked abs brakes, so it should not matter whether you pull the handle or push on the pedal? Please correct me if I am wrong, but I seems to get the same dive either way.
Either brake lever or pedal gets both brakes on the newer bikes. It is old habit to try to brake like the old bikes and think you are making a differnce which lever you pull. Its a hard habit to brake!

Mike
In the frozen tundra
2003 Impala Brown LT

2001 Suzuki RM250
2000 FZR1000
1984 Honda Sabre
1984 KDX 200
post #43 of 68 Old Apr 24th, 2009, 7:08 am

6,300 MI. on my LT.
10,000 MI on my GT.
27,000 MI on my RT.
Haven't dropped one yet!

'Course I weigh more than my bikes do, so they fear me

Ride safe, ride smart, you're invisible; NOT invincible.

2016 R1200RTW Bronze

Before:
2009 K1200LT
2006 K1200GT
2004 R1200RT
1987 R80RT
1980 R100RT
post #44 of 68 Old Apr 25th, 2009, 10:09 am

still a virgin since 2000 and 38K. Probably will loose cherry this afternoon now that I said this.

RCW
post #45 of 68 Old Apr 25th, 2009, 10:28 pm

OK, I dropped mine 2 times the first week last fall when I first got my LT. Learned some quick hard lessons. Number 1 among them is that if you live in a very hilly part of the country this thing can be hard to hang onto if you do not pay attention. After that did great all winter no problems. Then I read this thread.

Immediately, after reading this I was doing a U turn in my in-laws drive way with a downhill slope and while on cold medication had a brain fart and downshifted into neutral midturn. So discretion being the better part of valor I easily laid her down, picked her up and finished the turn. Main lesson learned...don't ride bike on drugs (prescribed). So a little scratched chrome & hurt pride. BUT THEN...

After an evening ride this past week I totally caked the front of the bike with early Spring bugs. After washing the bike and backing it into the garage I was having some trouble getting the center stand to work. I pulled the bike back out of the garage where there is a slight downslope and put the bike on the side stand. I checked the center stand working it up and down. Then turned to make sure no problem in garage. Of course while standing in the garage the bike fell over totally destroying the chrome on the saddle bag. That resulted in a cussing tirade. Then I backed the bike into the garage and the center stand worked just fine.

So I have dropped my bike most recently with zero miles ridden and have gone way off the subject of this thread, but obviously it is this thread's fault that my bike has been down 2x in one week. Of course there was nothing I did wrong.

Oh and does anybody have any side trim for sale?
post #46 of 68 Old Apr 26th, 2009, 1:55 pm

I am a complete newby to this forum - and to BMW, and in fact to geared bikes - yup you've guessed it - I'm a new driver! So have a laugh on me. Previous experience 2 years on Honda 100cc twist grip - passed test 6 months ago - advised by most sane people - buy a 5-600cc commuting bike, and of course that was my aim.
So after looking around, I chose to buy a 99 LT from the insane brother in law, well I say chose I was kind of obliged after driving it a short distance and coming to a pretty abrupt halt, it tilted, so did I and over we went (Day 1) - damage to custom front left foot board.
Outing into city for adjusting to night time traffic, parked up OK 1st gear uphill side stand, back on reversing down slope, foot down to ready for left turn, lost footing on recessed manhole cover, it tilted - thought better of breaking my leg in retarding the fall, over it went (Day 3) - more damage to custom front left foot board, and new left mirror.
Outing to Glen Coe via Loch Lomond, great ride, turn into cafe parking bay, misjudged distance to next bike, compensated by leaning other way, a gentle lie down for the old lady (Day 10) - hey no damage!
No drops since then - except for today after 1500 miles riding it (100 of those today), parked bike up deployed side stand uncharacteristically took it out of first (don't know why), got off bike to see it roll forward onto the last of the custom foot peg - need a new foot board - will probably replace with standard issues until I stop doing this!

Three things I've learned from this - biking isn't cheap, Scotland is a great place for biking if you can keep it upright, and I need a heck of a lot more practice.
post #47 of 68 Old Apr 26th, 2009, 2:34 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmdBmw
thought better of breaking my leg in retarding the fall, over it went (
I had my foot slip in gravel and saved the bike. The Doc. says I shoupd be fully recovered in 6 more months!

You made the right choice!!

post #48 of 68 Old Apr 26th, 2009, 2:51 pm

Hey Forumites, New here

Picking up mine from CT. next week! Bought it from my father, Can't say i've dropped it yet.

I've only ridden it a few times, but i've been a passenger for nearly 25k. And just recently purchased it from my Father. I gotta say i don't look forward to it, but i'm sure it'll happen when i'm on the BlueRidge.

Though i've been on the back of it as my Father dropped it, No damage, just sanded it out.

its a 2000 K1200LT Icon with 39k on it.

-AlexNheuk
post #49 of 68 Old Apr 26th, 2009, 6:56 pm

Hi all:

'05 LT - owned for about 6 months, but only ridden a handful of times.

One sharp turn driveway drop (broke electric windshield assembly when she landed windshield first against the front of my truck) and one side stand drop, no damage.

The interesting thing is that I just read an article online (before the second drop) on how to pick up a full sized bike by yourself, followed the directions, and it worked! I muscled her up without any damage to myself at all.

Firechief
post #50 of 68 Old Apr 28th, 2009, 9:31 pm

Gee, I was hoping for a chance at the record until a couple weekends ago when I just had to move the bike to the back yard and then just had to turn it around on the slick pavers.

sigh

Custom sig temporarily unavaiulable while I think about it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in